Devastation Fist in PvP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wolvelf, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Wolvelf Object Reference not set to an Instance...

Not sure if this is the area to post about Time Delay PvP bugs cause either I can't read or there's not an area specifically for the Time Delay Server PvP bugs so... feel free to move this post. I did a /report but I doubt that told the story.

Devastation Fist is broke in PvP. I'm not one to complain but I seriously got one-shotted for close to twice my health tonight by this (8k), which, if that didn't happen the fight would have been a little more exciting. lol. My mit is pretty close to capped on all levels... It used to be a bug when DF was first implemented and it looks like it's back. Please look into this Devs. I can send the log if you like. Thanks!
  2. Xephane Active Member

As a brawler player myself I feel as though this ability is actually fine in its current state. You must have been grey to the person who hit you with it. I have used devastation fist on multiple targets, it does do great damage, but it is supposed to. Brawlers are in a fairly weak state right now, this ability can turn the tables. Anyways, yeah it only one shots grey targets, all others only get chunked even with the master version.

Edit: The highest I have hit a player with this ability who was not grey to me was a yellow con warden for approximately 2.5k damage.
  3. Elderan New Member

Lets see

Pets are way OP
    SK HT is way OP
    Paladin LOH is way OP
    Paladin heals are OP
    Necros Roots are OP
    Scouts bow hitting for 2k is OP

Pretty sure this one is low on the list.
    Dull4h4n, Xephane and Charlice like this.
  4. Charlice Well-Known Member

I think there should only be one class on the PvP servers. This one class would only have one ability, at apprentice level, no upgrade available.
    Wirewhisker and Raff like this.
  5. Xephane Active Member

Haha, good one :)
  6. Milambers Active Member

No single ability should do more than 40% of a players HP unless the target is grey. Is this not the case
    On TLE? I don't play an OP class so I wouldn't know.
  7. Dull4h4n Member

Devastation fist doesn't do more than 40% unless the target is grey. In that scenario, I can see it being fixed.

Monk is the least played class on Deathtoll for a reason. That ability is currently their only redeeming value.

All I can say is, if necros permaroot pet and the redic pet dps in general isn't fixed before devastation fist, the priorities are way out of whack.
  8. Ilovecows Active Member

It does actually. I was fighting a level 36 monk in Zek recently on a level 33 dirge. In the fight, I was hit with dev fist for 1305 damage. At the time, my total HP was about 3000. 1305/3000 = 43.5%. And it isn't like I am severely undergeared in comparison to this monk, I still ended up winning in the end (although barely).
  9. Xeos Well-Known Member

So you were 3 levels lower got hit with their only big hitting CA for nearly half your life and still won... on a Dirge. Yes clearly the Brawlers are super op...
  10. Ilovecows Active Member

Dirge should be a no problem match up against a brawler, given all of my CC and their inability to do pretty much anything outside of melee range. If it weren't for the fact that I only let him in melee range twice for the entire fight or I were some sort of melee scout I would have been trounced.
  11. Xeos Well-Known Member

... have you played a Brawler recently? If not I suggest you level one up and see what your avoidance is like.
  12. Gninja Developer

This is not the balance you are looking for, move along. *waves hand*
    Trivursar likes this.
  13. Silverdragonx Member

lol clearly you have never played brawler if you think they trounce melee scouts, or any scouts for that matter. Devastation fist or not, unless grey.
  14. Mankar Active Member

I forgot how reading comprehension works. Move along.
  15. Ilovecows Active Member

He would have trounced ME if I were to get into his melee range more than twice. He could only use his abilities two times for a very short duration, and had me at like 2% hp left. But you are right, I don't play a brawler. I never said I did.
  16. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I find this amusing.
    let me guess on some of these, though if I'm wrong, I'll admit it:
    Paladin heals are OP a paladin that knows how to utilize them is damn hard to kill. you do know that was supposed to be thier primary method of mitigating damage, right? zerkers turn into parry/riposte blenders, Gaurds become like a curled up armadillo, Sks lifetap, and Paladins self heal.
    Paladin LoH is Op probably becuase at the low end game, it's what it always was supposed to be. a complete/near complete heal. it's our ONLY emergency button at the level 50 cap.
    SK HT is Op...becuase at level 50, again, it does what it's supposed to do, be a damn near/outright instant kill.
    neither the HT, or the LoH scaled very well later on until like TSO.

I imagine the complaint with Necro Roots is tied into the pet being super powerful. ie, he roots you and the pet kills you before you can do much other then get unrooted.
    but yes, again, at 50 cap in the original game setup, conjy/necro pets were incredibly powerful. that's why they were some of/if not the best, soloers.

you asked for the game to be reverted back to how it was. and you got exactly what you asked for. these were just things you didn't remember/see with your rose tinted nostalgia glasses on.
  17. Thinwizzy Active Member

How about we quit trying to nerf things and put caps on damage. That sort of thinking is a big part of what led to Nagafen being deserted.
    Trivursar likes this.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

Last time I was on these forums, I read that Illusionists were the new OP class....I see it is now Brawlers. At this rate, we'll all be OP soon and then we'll be balanced.
  19. Charlice Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the balance a lot of players are looking for.
  20. Wolvelf Object Reference not set to an Instance...

Yeah you're probably right on me possibly being grey and I don't have a problem with greys being one shotted tbh... I'm not really going to be grey to anything by the end of tonight. It just surprised me and if I wouldn't have died that quickly, my group probably would have stood a better chance of winning... it was a good fight considering. Just hard to find any white con pvpers atm in the zones we're in but that will go away.

Maybe it's too much to ask that if the group level isn't grey (average level of the people in the group) because I was grouped with some people 2 levels higher (and the only way I could have been grey is if the Brawler was 50) that takes some consideration into the mitigation. If that's a big deal or a big change in mechanics, it's not worth it.

I'm actually pretty happy with the way pvp has been setup now that the mitigation was put back into play and can live with the grey con one shot thing. I just remembered awhile back the DF ability crushed everyone no matter if they were grey and wanted to make sure it was fair for everyone. Thanks for your feedback.