[DEV] Time to Fix Lifeburn (NOT your average request)

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Stimps, May 11, 2016.

1. Stimps Member

Don't get me wrong, the Necromancer class does not currently need a "Boost" to DPS, we work just fine. However, we do not have that "Signature" ability that makes the class unique. It used to be LIFEBURN. Still a great idea and with FB on wiz's hitting for "Billions" of dmg it seems odd that increasing the DMG on Lifeburn to more than 100mil hit with a 2min recast and long cast time wouldn't be that game breaking.

Maybe we can reevaluate the ability? #Don'tLettheDev'sForgetLifeburn
    Runamuck and Ponderous like this.
  2. Ponderous Member

Agreed. I don't even waste the time to cast it anymore - it's a useless ability as it stands now. I think many necros don't cast it anymore, and haven't for a while.
  3. Ashenheart Member

They will fix it...right after they fix Ooze Crawler. :rolleyes:
  4. Ragna Well-Known Member

TBF since the last pet's revamp Oooze IS fixed, still useless but fixed :)

And yep, Lifeburn (and Manaburn) need a boost on "live" servers (I heard LB is still OP on TLE)

Easiest fixes would be something like adding a 50%-70% reduction to LB base cast time with the 1st point in necro Prestige tree. (with 100% CS, cast time would be between 2.5-1.5 s.)
    - Need lvl 95 so you won't mess with lower lvl/TLE people.
    - Necro will have reason to cast it again.The problem isn't LB dmg per se but rather than you will do more DPS casting "Soulrot, something, Soulrot, something" vs just LB in most situations.
    - It will be only a slight boost in DPS for necros (we don't really need more than that at this point)

And/or

Let Lifeburn (Manaburn) use double cast like Unda.
    - A needed boost for Illu's utility.
    - Doesn't really change anything for lower lvl/TLE
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Does LB use fervor?
    Soulburn uses fervor for a month, so maybe its missing
  6. Runamuck New Member

While I agree with you in spirit... If they fix life-burn before they 'fix' the wizard class, those mages are gonna explode
  7. Luciuz Active Member

All they have touched to Lifeburn since AoM is just 6 extra points of damage. That was about the same time people crying about how much damage the new Elemental Toxicity was doing on test server.

The irony of trying to bring a dead necromancer spell to life.
  8. Rondo9 Active Member

Same goes for manaburn on Wizards, both are well overdue for some work to bring them up to current content.
  9. Guurzak Active Member

"my class DPS is fine but please buff my favorite spell anyway"

That's very much an 'average request'.
  10. Stimps Member

I believe the actual request was "maybe we can reevaluate". I know reading comprehension on the forums is lacking...but. Hell, I'd like it I'd it was a positional detaunt. As I said....dps is fine, but that ability is currently....useless. Kind of like your comment. Peace.
  11. Luciuz Active Member

Fact of the matter is, there are many spells that have been grandfathered in that have lost their relevance multiple expansions ago. It just compounds to the tediousness for the developers to update spells / AAs since they are creating the 12th expansion as we speak, which will in turn probably make abilities they implemented only two expansions ago irrelevant. It's just a never ending cycle. Perhaps there's spells on some class that increase or benefit a spell they took out already.