[Dev] Thalumbra Meta Collection - Another trick against the Tanks?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Yahku, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Yahku Active Member

Hey all,

after months of waiting, the meta collection of Thalumbra can finally be finished. For those of you who don't know the reward yet, here are the eq2wire links:

The Bracelet of Stolen Secrets and the Mark of the Darkened Spire seem to be powerful items interesting for most classes. In contrast to these items there is the Bangle of the Black Depths for us tanks. This item comes up with a resistance based ward for ~700k which i tested in different situations summing up ~40k Heal per Second. This is very nice for solo players, but it is a very bad joke for tanks playing in group content and especially raid content - weird for a tank item from an MMORPG. Just to give one "easy to obtain" alternative which is far better for a tank, there is the Thalumbrite Chain Clasp which gives passive ~400k Hit Points, i would never take off one of my two Clasps for the pointless Meta Collection Reward which should be a "Best in Slot" or at least a very powerful alternative!

So please, rework the item for the tanks and make it meaningful for us to be able to use the hard gathered and long-waited-for meta collection reward, dear Developers!

Best regards and in hope for a better Tank-Reward
    Yahku

PS: By the way, neither Ire-Dread, the Undead Devourer nor the ranged from Umbrite Chests like Soulbound Axe of Flaying have Defense stats, tanks seem to be forgotten very often!
    Buco likes this.
  2. ootuko New Member

I totaly agree to Yahku.

After waiting weeks for the final reward, seeing you patching it piece by piece, it is very disapointing for tanks.

Please compare the items again and grant us an update.

Best Regards and Thanks

Ootuko of Valor (Monk)
  3. Sylke Well-Known Member

Honestly, none of the rewards are good. They all need to be adjusted/boosted.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I am second on that .. .furious barrage with extra 5% per tic? bleh ... so you get instead of 175 per 5 stack 190 ... big deal .... +15 Pot then raid buffed everyone clock way above 2000 POT... its a joke
    Dark Secrets somewhat better - 50POT +0.5% of HP into AMOD with 2+M HP everyone have on raid it translates 10k AMOD ... not spectacular but not bad either (100k AMOD have nearly everyone self buffed anyway)
  5. Daalilama Well-Known Member

TBH there really isn't a healer item to pick from there anyway...furious barrage is cranky on which heal can get the buffs consistently....Dark secrets is another ok" item persay but nothing for heals to say god dam I need that.
  6. Hest01 Member

Actually with the 9 mit and the effect....the tank item is one of the better items. That effect does allot of warding against magic dmg which this xpac has allot of.... Its 3 or 4th on my heal parse almost every time.

So not sure where your getting the other two items are just find and wonderful...but out of all of them I would probably lean to the tank one being the best of the bunch.
  7. Sylke Well-Known Member

I'd prefer a better effect than the same one I can find any trash item.
  8. Yahku Active Member

Just as i said, ~40k HPS, im not interested in a good HPS parse and im not caring for 1st, 2nd or whatever place on MY heal parse. Why should i relinquish my 400k HP which is a far better protection against magic hits? Usually you have a healer in your group with a few million HPS and you definitely need the HP stock for tanking hard fights like forge golem or 2/4 psionists. Hitpoints prevent the oneshots or kills in 1-3 seconds which can happen here and give you and your healer the chance to react!
    Liou_Unrest and Ansom like this.
  9. TrulyVexed Active Member

Is that really the final reward? I was expecting something unique.. not 3 procs that are already regularly found on solo, heroic and raid items. I've just spent 20k on shinies (which admittedly is nothing given the current market) and would have been better served putting it towards another Lacerator or something. (already got the Lacerator clone)

Given how good Hempen Halter and the Mithril Ring were from the previous expansion pack I'm a little disappointed.
  10. Hest01 Member

There are better items for every single one of the rewareds... In some cases much better. Just because you don't want it dosen't mean it is useless.

All the rewards are subpar...you feeling singled out and crying because the tank item is the "worst" is sort of funny. How many times did they have absolutely no tank rewards at all?

I am not saying the Tank items is uber... I am saying against the other rewards it is as good or better IMO. That's not saying a ton...but it isn't like tank item is laughably worst than the rest.