[Dev] Scourge Wastes Equipment Infuser Doesn't Work Correctly

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Mogrim, May 19, 2016.

1. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Hey Devs!

I recently obtained the Scourge Wastes Equipment Infuser by completing the Meta Collection from the Zek content.

However, the Infuser seems to be broken.

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/370167496
    \aITEM 370167496 1065967336:Scourge Wastes Equipment Infuser\/a

I used the item on my Ire-Dread, the Undead Devourer. Prior to using the infuser, my Ire-Dread had these stats:

[IMG]

These are the stats on the item after using the Infuser:

[IMG]

If you notice - the infuser failed to do what it is programmed to do. Technically the Ability Mod worked, however it appears to have rolled about the lowest it possibly could have (something unlikely but possible) but it failed to increase Potency, Crit Bonus, and Sta at ALL.

This cannot be intended and must be due to some sort of glitch in the item. If it is possible, please undo the infusion, fix the infuser, and award me a replacement infuser once the infuser is fixed.

Thanks!
  2. Entropy Well-Known Member

Similar thing happened to me. Used it on my hammer, and got almost no mod from it.

However, I think this has to do with the mechanics of infusing caps. I believe the cap PER infusing type is "one third of base stat OR as listed on infuser, whichever is LOWER."

I think you ran into the one third base stat problem... Already capped?
  3. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Bonus Infusers have never followed this rule, though.
  4. Caith Developer

Yes, they have.
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

If that were true, why are my "before" stats WELL above cap? Not just slightly, but WELL above cap.

Base Crit Bonus on Ire-Dread is 33. It was infused more than 17.3 off the bonus infuser. That's way way more than 1/3rd. Heck, its more than 1/2!

Base Mod is 4218, and is now over 2100.

What am I missing?
  6. Yards Well-Known Member

You can overcap stats however once the stat cap is reached or overcap is reached you can no longer modify that stat. For example if cap on potency was 15 and you have 14, you can still use bonus infuser and it will apply making it lets say 17 or 18 potency. Once that cap is reached that stat is no longer modifiable.
  7. Caith Developer

You are misunderstanding how the caps on infusing work. They only prevent you from applying a new infusion to that stat/layer combination if you have exceeded it. For example, if you have an item that has 100 potency, the cap for potency on that item is 33. If you infused it to 32, you can still apply any infuser. If you applied an infuser that granted 10 potency, it would now be infused to 42, and you would no longer be able to apply a potency infusion to that layer.
  8. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Wow. So I just lost an irreplaceably good infuser. Cool.
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Mogrim Well-Known Member

My suggestion would be to remove that artificial cap. It only applies to a select few slots, and by leaving that cap in there, you create a hidden "oh, the item doesn't actually do what it says, you just wasted it, sorry!" scenario.
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

I'm almost positive that there will be more bonus infusers that are even more powerful coming out in the future. Infusers permanently boost gear that will inevitably be replaced so it only makes sense to keep introducing more of them into the game as time goes on.
  11. Mogrim Well-Known Member

My life is forever ruined.
  12. Twisty Well-Known Member

13. Entropy Well-Known Member

I know it's sarcasm, but I did let myself take a brief moment to picture you double facepalming with tears streaming down your cheeks.

Although, I also picture that whenever I think of how terrible Focused Casting is nowadays. And then I remember that I made the wise choice to betray to wizard, and I am happy again.

And then I look at the nerf to Fiery Blast this week, and the huge boost that summoners got over the last two weeks, and I'm all sad panda again.

I tried to switch my raid main to Beastlord, but my guild leader told me that I don't get to bid on a second myth hammer (or staff), so there goes that plan. FML. I don't blame him, but still, uggghhhhh.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

When I read an infuser, it tells me how much it can increase the stats on an item. It doesn't say "unless the item is already close to or exceeding its infusing cap which is 1/3 of the affected stat". Considering the effort players put into getting powerful infusers, a warning would seem appropriate...

The item you are about to infuse has already been substantially infused:
    • +16.9% Potency (cannot be infused any further)
    • +17.3% Crit Bonus (cannot be infused any further)
    • +1151.9 Ability Mod (cap is 2110.2)
    Are you sure you want to continue?
    Mogrim likes this.
  15. Nkito Well-Known Member

excellent suggestion

or even just a generic text on every infuser mentioning the 1/3 of base stat increase cap
    Feldon likes this.
  16. Mogrim Well-Known Member

The only thing I'd add is also something about fixing Focused Casting.

;)