Dev Request: Ancient Teachings of the Planes X bug

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Drackore, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Drackore Member

I submitted a bug report in game, but also wanted to point it out here. I bought the book, scribed the book. It stated that Lich VI (Ancient) was added to my recipe book. When I went to create it, it didn't show up. Grisly Protection IX did, but not Lich VI. I opened my recipe book to look at all my recipes and filtered by 'Lich'. Lich VI Journeyman, Expert, and Grandmaster were present, but not Ancient.

Please confirm or correct me if I am doing something in error. Thank you.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

I just checked the book and it definitely shows Lich VI (Ancient). Have you tried the "show hidden" thing in the bottom left of your recipe window?
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Drackore Member

To make matters a little worse - I logged into an alt then back, and now all my ancient recipes, except for Ascension spells, are gone. I made three Ancients (server firsts) when I discovered the Lich VI error, but now I can't craft any regular spells from Grandmaster books to Ancients. Am I missing something?
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Drackore Member

I just tried that...Book I showed back up, but all from Book X have now gone missing.

Here is a screenshot from scribing: https://imgur.com/a/pSNnjUR

And here is one of my recipe book, filtered for "(ancient": https://imgur.com/a/81gsz7w
    - This shows the gap from Ascensions to Book I.

Very strange.
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Ancient books are 1 charge. Once a spell is crafted from that ancient book, all the recipes from that book go *POOF*
    Every once in awhile, my recipes have amnesia. It is hard to duplicate so pretty much impossible for a fix.
    Camp to yourself and make sure to check the box to show all "hidden recipes" as one can occasionally click the hide feature on a recipe.
    Soara2, Breanna and Dude like this.
  6. Drackore Member

So was it a bug that I was able to make more than one spell from Ancient X?
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Or you simply got more than 1 copy of the book over the course of the expansion, awarded a copy from anchorage and saw it could be scribed and not realized you had previously done so because you crafted a level 110 already.
    Soara2, Breanna and Dude like this.
  8. Drackore Member

That very well could be what happened. I am an Anchorage junkie. :) Ty
    Soara2, Breanna, Kuulei and 1 other person like this.
  9. Nelenerap Member

Each recipe in an Ancient Teachings book is 1 charge. You don't loose all the other recipes after creating 1 of them.

At least that's what I've noticed so far.