[Dev] Relic Cloaks For Fighters without Fighter Stats and Lack of Fighter Shiney rewards

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Amberdina, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Amberdina New Member

I'm noticing that All the Fighter Class Cloaks have a decided lack of the Mit/Block stats as seen on the other Fighter cloaks that are not relic or class specific, like the "Cloak of the Deepstrider." Can we have mit/block on these first, and maybe take a look at the effects some of them have down the road? The effects range from OP to completely worthless (in my opinion).

Perusing through all the shiney rewards I'm noticing there is also a decided lack of mit/block fighter type rewards. There is a couple of ranged rewards I have seen that have mit/block, but it seems on 90% of the shiney rewards there is no fighter variant as a reward, even on a lot of the armor rewards.

I could like to see a heroic/fabled Early Advantage weapon which has Mit as well. It looks like only the raids have them. Which is fine, I suppose. I'm not a raider though. My SK and Monk enjoy their Lacerator for the time being :D

I'm glad that the Meta reward has a fighter reward in it, but the effect on it? No thanks.

I know ya'll are busy as heck over there, and thanks for all your other hard work!
  2. Ansom Active Member

Is not only a tank problem... Most of the reward are bad for everyone. We have collection with cloak reward, but only one cloak for collection, without choice or proc. We have one collection with only priest usable reward. Most of the weapon have a bad design (only few are decent, like laceretor clone, or the Thrown Weapon from toxic). Most of the armor is.. bad. No mit or WDB for scout, or.. well, everyone should love wdb, even for only make a solo set.

Most of the jewelry is... nice for alt, but alt can't use notrade stuff..

I only hope they change the final reward, because atm the tank choice is only good for salvage (with MC gear we have access to better gear).
  3. Amberdina New Member

That's not what I'm talking about though. Please don't derail my specifics.
  4. Sylke Well-Known Member

Tank cloaks need block/mit (and Flurry, to make them match current tank cloaks). Or maybe the option to right-click and swap them to a block/mit version.

In addition (since we're talking about cloak stats), Mystic/Inquisitor/Warden cloaks should be changed to Flurry cloaks.
  5. Twofeets Active Member

I agree. I saw the pally cloak, and while the group lay on hands ability was nice, its not working giving up the mit for an ability you can only use once in awhile.
  6. Xper Well-Known Member

And all the shields are laughably bad compared to AoM shields.

That being said, are tanks actually going down this expac? Think last time tanks were the point of failure was in ToV, since then it's just been 'hold aggro, hope your group/raid doesnt die to AEs'.
  7. Taka Active Member

\aITEM 730389578 1602553028:Avenger's Cloak\/a
    \aITEM 1495596140 -1048417363:Gravelord's Shroud\/a

Since they are crusader cloak, they should have the currents stats +mit and a +just a tinge of double cast too :)
  8. Amberdina New Member

Also: I've recently noticed a decided lack of Mit/Block tank stats on ANY of the Umbrite chest rewards and Relic vendor.

Is there more than just those 4 items in the Umbrite chest?

Relic Vendor: Tanks were completely forgotten about, There is no Mit/Block item on that vendor either, is there? I'd love the Scoundrel's Slip, even without its Mit/Block. But NOT with its de-aggro proc. I guess its only suitable for some scouts.

Looks like tanks have been overlooked when it comes to the some of the good stuff that drops and is obtainable out there.
  9. Xper Well-Known Member

Eh I still don't get the fuss over tank stats. There's literally one encounter I've seen this expac where I, as a tank, have a chance of dying before the rest of my group. Maybe it's just because I'm a zerker, but every time the group I'm with fails on an encounter, I spend 30seconds waiting for the mob to kill me after the rest of my group is dead.
  10. Amberdina New Member

I'm sure there's reasons for others, like min-maxing and what not. But mostly for me; its about gear choices. I don't currently slot mit/block everywhere, because my SK has good survivability. I do want to BE ABLE TO slot it everywhere, as it will allow greater gear choices in other slots. Especially for my new monk, who I'm really having a blast with, but having the most difficult time finding a proper balance of gear for dps and strong survivability. Gear choices. and Especially with the class specific cloaks for tanks.

If this expansion is going to force me more than ever to make gear choices, then I really expect there to be the gear to make said choices.

I like that I can make a fully DPS geared monk. That's cool. Too bad I can't make a fully Mit geared Tank tho!