Dev Picks on the Kael Drakkel Server

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Denmum, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Most of the really spiffy paintings come from /claims for buying past expansions. If you don't have those, they're usually "one per character" and you could get someone to roll up a throwaway toon and come drop some paintings in your house.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Robynous like this.
  2. Robynous Well-Known Member

I love the way the stained glass ovals pick out the colour of the multi-forge. How on earth do you get those multi-forge's? They must be really convenient.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Robynous Well-Known Member

I do wish they would make it easier to get some of that really cool stuff. Like a multi-forge! I'd pay real money for one of those!
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The multi-forge is part of one of the "packs" for sale, and you can buy one right now for $35. https://www.everquest2.com/packs
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Robynous like this.
  5. Robynous Well-Known Member

Oh dear! I appear to have spent US$35 on a crafting station! Good job they don't offer sexy gear for my toon for real money, too!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, there are other things in there, like a 66-slot pack and a mount and more, but yeah, that's why I get those packs.

Shame they didn't include that in the cheaper one, or just make things AL A CARTE, like I've been clamoring for, for years now. Everyone whinges around about AoD (Age of Discovery) since there wasn't a new zone to "discover," but I loved the idea of making the various newly introduced "add-ons" actually separately purchasable. Choice! :D

Uwk
    Robynous likes this.
  7. Robynous Well-Known Member

Regrettably the very nice potions don't do much good on Kael Drakkel, and there isn't much call for the merchant crate - no-one buys anything!
  8. Odyzz New Member

Server: Kael Drakkel
    Name of Home: Amenities of Mistmoore
    Address: Mistmoore Crags Estate - Qeynos Side.
    Owner: Mynkx
    Decorator: Mynkx
    Located: Hall of Fame

House was published 3 months ago. Visits and votes are always appreciated. I have screenshots but have no idea how to add them. :oops:

*Please allow time for each area to load before moving. You will get stuck or fall to your death otherwise*
    Robynous and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Host your piccies on a website somewhere. I use Deviant Art myself, there are other sites out there.

Once you have the picture uploaded, right click on the picture and if there's a "Open picture in new tab" option, use it. Then grab the *URL* of that new tab.

Then come here, make your post as usual, and click the little "tree" icon at the top of the editing pane. Insert the URL of the picture into that box and enter.
    Robynous and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, yes! Good ol' dA; I use that, too. :)

And thanks for making those steps so much more succinct than I ever have! I'll have to remember that the next time I get to explain how to do that. :)

Uwk
    Robynous likes this.
  11. Robynous Well-Known Member

Server: Kael Drakkel
    House size: Small
    Name of Home: Bellisima's Monster Cave
    Address: Aerie Ilka in Greater Faydark
    Decorator: Bellisima
    Owner: Bellisima
    Date Published: 30th December 2023

Hi! I got the recipe to make big stone blocks so I made a cave and filled it with monsters! Well *I* love it!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Chikkin and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It is cool! :D

I love those more "basic" rock-type things; they're so much more applicable to just about any diorama than the fancier stuff. ;->

Uwk
    who still longs for simple square pillars to be added retroactively for the Building Block recipe books; at least for the holidays :-/
    Robynous and Breanna like this.
  13. Robynous Well-Known Member

Thank you! I must say making them one by one on Kael Drakkel is a bit time consuming tho!

Simple square pillars would be nice, but so would triangles! We don't have those in KD either!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::blink:: What?! Those are basic to -- well, hmm. I was gonna say they're basic to the Building Block sets, but they certainly aren't on the Marketplace for things like the Marbles or Wood or Ice (or Burnished Metal...and I'd LOVE for that to be available to us, like in Tinkerfest or whatever!), which is disappointing. They don't actually become available until Triangles of Maldura, which is like level 100 or so, but at least then the recipe book covers every level below that, and all the holiday books have them incorporated now. :)

Do you folks have 'em for the holidays there on KD yet?

Uwk
    Robynous likes this.
  15. Robynous Well-Known Member

Yes, we have the holiday ones (so far I have the NotD and Frostfell recipes), and some we can buy on the Thurgadin docks, but all the "standard" blocks are missing the triangles. It makes it very difficult to build a house!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! It would. :(

Uwk
    who actually HATED the idea of one stupid recipe book being only available to the highest levels at the time (granted, it's only level 20 for Carpenters to scribe, but...), rather than just tucking one triangle recipe into each tier X-P
    Robynous likes this.
  17. Robynous Well-Known Member

Yup, it is a Maldura recipe, so we don't get it here. It would be nice if you could buy them on the Thurgadin dock like so much other high-level stuff! But right now I am building an entire village and making do!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck! :)

Uwk
    Robynous likes this.
  19. Robynous Well-Known Member

Thanks! Here is the village so far with some available triangle tiles. Glacier tile from Frostfell, with Shadow Stone and Gold Marble which we can purchase at Thurgadin. I'm thinking it is supposed to look like some sort of wattle and daub plaster treatment! The same materials as the roof or walls would be preferable, though!

[IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, that looks WAAAY sturdier than the wattle and daub stuff, at least as we've seen it in Shakespeare productions and Renn Faires. :) What we could use, at a lower level and accessible to everyone, would be a good white stucco or wood (not Elm, Elm's fugly) set of building blocks. :-/

Uwk
    who'd prefer more wood grain tiles, at least, that would have obvious grain running vertically (as it would in a RL setting) when the tiles are set by ROLL, rather than PITCH... X-P
    Breanna likes this.