Destiny of Velious Launch Day Schedule, Webcast and News!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Feb 21, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

[IMG]
    We're just hours away from Destiny of Velious, and we've got a little bit of news to share for Launch Day!
    First, all EQII and EQ2X servers will be coming offline at 3:00 am PST on Tuesday, February 22nd, and we anticipate having them back online around 9:00 am PST, for an estimated six-hour downtime. This includes both international and US servers.
    Second, if you had issues pre-ordering the expansion on Monday, February 21st, please try again! All of SOE's authentication servers were offline briefly today and should now be restored to normal. Pre-orders can be made until 11:59 pm PST on February 21st.
    And finally, don't miss the Launch Day Countdown webcast, beginning at 7:00 am PST on Tuesday morning! We'll be interviewing members of the EQII team, giving live status updates, and we'll even have some trivia questions and opportunities to win some EQII shwag! We'll be on the air until 9:00 am PST, so tune in on Facebook or on Stickam to watch the webcast.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

3. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

Omg its only 430 am cst here. I just woke up from a launch day dream grrr. Now I can't sleep! Hope it goes as smooth this morning as it did in my dream. Now where did I put my Death Fyst Citadel music box......
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

There are a few of us already in the chat.
  5. ARCHIVED-screenid Guest

Cannot wait to fly again...
    Ever since Beta stopped..... been feeling Grounded.
    *pushes others out of his way ...as....he gets ready to Mad Dash his way to Billie*
    *places signs all over ICY FINGERS*
    -- BEWARE!!! ANY GOAT LIKE MEN --
    -- NO TROLLS, HUMANS Big and small,DARK/High ELVES, 1/2 Lings and Elves , Big Smart heads, Ugly OGRES barbarians allowed in (Goat Village)
    -- IF you are here... head to the TOWER ... THE TOWER is the Welcome center --
    -- Please give cheese to any Ratonga you might see--
  6. ARCHIVED-ellyeza2 Guest

I pre-ordered back in January, for both accounts.. The SE.. and I still dont have a code. The page is telling me it did infact bill though. Do I get a code with the digital Download? or does it just automatically apply to my account?
  7. ARCHIVED-Rokaab Guest

Voluptas@Crushbone wrote:
    If bought from the SOE store, it should be automatically applied to your account(s).
  8. ARCHIVED-rowanC7276 Guest

Voluptas@Crushbone wrote:
    I would like to know this as well. This is my first digital download as well, I usually purchased the CE hardbox - so a little confussed on how the DD works.
  9. ARCHIVED-sdeamer2000 Guest

Check you account status. Where it shows all the expansions you own. It should say right there, Destiny of Velious, if you preordered. That's what mine says, and I am downloading it now.
  10. ARCHIVED-screenid Guest

Wispa@Butcherblock wrote:
    Pull up Subscription Details
    You should be able to see everything your account is flagged for...
    Should see the below in you list
    • Entitlement: Destiny of Velious
    • EverQuest II Collector's Edition Preorder Tracking

----If you are using the streaming client =-) you get in game right away (it downloads as you play)
    ---- If you are using the old patcher...I suspect it will start downloading the game ..once you sign in.
  11. ARCHIVED-NViDiaFReaK Guest

If you did the DD from Sony you dont get a code your accoutn gets flagged for DoV. you can verify this buy logging in a www.soe.com and going to your account details for EQ2
  12. ARCHIVED-ellyeza2 Guest

Thank you! Yeah, Im downloading now.. old patcher.. lol... Almost done, we'll see what happens
  13. ARCHIVED-DJnutz Guest

Got to logon screen and server is locked (not down).. does that mean they will be online sooner than expected ??
  14. ARCHIVED-rowanC7276 Guest

Thank you all so much for the responces. I also am using the old patcher - signed in, and it started downloading.
    Thanks again :)
  15. ARCHIVED-boon515 Guest

Wispa@Butcherblock wrote:
    So the expansion was only 800MB? Huh, seems small, but whatever. Thanks guys!
  16. ARCHIVED-kAzuNGu Guest

Does this mean that someone (like me) who has the TSO expansion but did not purchase SF will be able to access SF content effective today after DoV launches?
    -The Broke Conjuror
  17. ARCHIVED-Gisc Guest

18. ARCHIVED-EE2JV9AHX6KPWCATA48b Guest

I am looking at all the info for the download now and I looked at my subscription details and see destiny of velious listed. So does it download when I start up my game or do I have to do something special to get it started?
  19. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

kAzuNGu wrote:
    If you bought Velious.
  20. ARCHIVED-ajrm007 Guest

EE2JV9AHX6KPWCATA48b wrote:
    i would like to knoe the answer to this to hehe :)