Destiny of Velious AA Discussion

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-joyhinia, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-joyhinia Guest

Warden AA's

So wardens didn't get any aa revamps hopefully the promised agi line one will come later in the year, however they have obviously added new aa's, the new heroic tree is similar to the shadow tree but not quite the same.The first 2 lines are shared by all classes and the last 2 lines are shared by archtypes so we share our aa's with furies and as you will prolly see many are much better suited to furies.

All amounts are based 10 points in that given aa (2 for line 4)

Line 1
    Attribute Prowess
    Increases INT, AGI, WIS and STR of caster by 168

Its line 1 we don't expect anything amazing and doubt many people will take this aa.

Ability Aptitude
    Increases ability modifier of the caster by 336

Since ability is only avaliable via aa's, adorns and jewellery set bonuses this is a nice little aa.

Spirit and Body
    Increases Max Power of caster by 5%
    Increases Max Health of caster by 5%

Standard health and power boost this will be good especially at beginning of the expansion before people get the new gear which has a fair bit more STA than SF gear (including T4 stuff).

Line 2
    Expertise
    Increases the potency of all abilties by 10%

Who doesnt like potency [IMG]

Critical Genius
    Increases the Crit Bonus of caster by 10%

Well same as potency really 10% extra is a nice little bonus.

Lightning Reflexes
    Increases the Ability Reuse Speed of caster by 10%

Ability Reuse of course is awesome

Line 3
    Enhance: Tunare's Grace
    Increases the duration of fury of the storm
    Increases radius and cure amount

Ok lets be honest the mechanic behind fury of the storm didn't start to work with so what a waste adding extra duration to something that doesn't work properly to begin with. This will now cure 3 detrimentals and has a bigger range than our heals, lets be honest when was the last time you needed to cure 3 detrimental at the same time? Also if someone is out of heal range they are most likely dead anyway even if we can cure them, both furies and wardens agree that this aa unless there is stupid amounts of aoe's won't be worth the points.

Enhance: Wrath of Nature
    Reduce duration and reuse of Wrath of Nature

Ok so its a dps spell but with the duration and reuse this is gonna do more dps so its nice for those of us who like to dps, furies also like this one.

Nature's Aura
    Improves the reuse of beneficial spells

Light at the end of the tunnel this is really nice it adds 15% reuse to beneficial spells to our heal stance.

Spirit of Druidism
    This is a passive proc which :
    Increases casting speed by 10%
    Increase ability modifier by 198
    Small Ward

This is prolly a nice group instance/solo toy but unless they changed it and i missed the change it only procs from dpsing which makes it fine for a fury but for a warden i doubt many will use it for raids.

Line 4
    Protective Instinct
    Monitors damage for 10 secs and then converts a portion of the druids dps into a ward

You need to be able to do massive spike damage to make this work using plus it also caps at 30% of your health and the ward is shared by the group, I really can't see any wardens taking this one for raiding.

Faith of the Fallen
    Completely heals the target and applies a ward equal to the amount healed

This is ok its not great though, the reuse isn't great but tbh this is the choice that many wardens will prolly go with.

Howling with the Pack
    Temp buff that makes druid immune to stifle, fear, daze, stun, mesmerize with 30% damage reduction

Ok this has a 20 sec duration and 180 sec reuse (can't be modified) its like a mini deathmarch for the druid, I can see this being situationally useful if a fight has control effects or alot of stuns/stifles, also nice for 1 shot AoE's, pop it up before it hits for the 30% damage reduction. I would competely throw this out of hand, it couldbe a useful tool in the right situation.

From a raid point of view I'm most likely to spec:

Spirit and Body 10 points
    Lighting Reflexes 10 points
    Expertise 8 points
    Enhance: Wrath of Nature 10 points
    Nature's Aura 10 points
    Faith of the Fallen 2 points (depending on how hard aoe's hit/control effects may go howling with the pack)

For groups I'm more likely to go

Ability Aptitude 10 points
    Lighting Reflexes 10 points
    Expertise 8 points
    Enhance: Wrath of Nature 10 points
    Spirit of Druidism 10 points
    Howling with the Pack 10 points.
  2. ARCHIVED-joyhinia Guest