Desert of Flame - What are you excited about?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kindread, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Kindread Active Member

I never really played Desert of Flame, I joined the EQ2 bandwagon much later on. I am really looking forward to experiencing it and have done some research on quests, lore, classes, etc., etc..

I would like to hear from the community, what are YOU looking forward too the most, what sorts of features, dungeons, class changes, etc., excite you the most that you will have access to?
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Who doesn't like killing a giant spider?
    Gates and Courts are fun raids
    Love it or Hate it, Poets Palace is a one of kind experience you will never forget. (Hold the door, while I place statues!)
    The mechanics for the DMP fight were the unique and challenging.
    The Ring of Fate quest line is great for the lore junkies.

edit: I forgot to add, us Monks get Tsunami and group FD. Good stuff.
    Kindread likes this.
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

I'm honestly trying to not get excited... I do enjoy the zone, it's a fun one as far as I am concerned... but I'd also want to see a runspeed increase etc. I'm actually worried about a repeat of what happened with SH and gear with no stats, so it's hard to get excited.

I do want my carpet though and to make that poor lady suffer and puke...
    Kindread likes this.
  4. Kindread Active Member

Which zone are you referring too? Which one stands out as the best in your mind? Are there any dungeons you are looking forward to going through as a group/raid?

I think right now it's stuck at 29% ....

I did not play on SH ... that does not sound very good. I have been beta testing and talking to the devs on Discord and have not run into anything like that so far ... so maybe we're in the clear?

Oooh, are these carpets flying mounts we can get?
  5. Kindread Active Member

I seem to remember Tsunami putting monks into a #1 raid tank spot ... do you think this will be the case in DoF?
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Tsunami is a very strong defensive ability, and it does make Monks real contenders for MT. However, I think Guardians are still more reliable. This may change once we see how itemization pans out and where the tank stats are.
  7. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I am mostly looking forward to seeing if the new legendaries and fabled items from the Heroics are worth investing into getting.

Level 50 content the last 8 weeks have been a horrible experience. Icy digs and raiding commune/sotl... Memories ill soon forget.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It really depends on how much contested avoidance matters, if it's really bad it's actually better to just have a monk give a guardian their avoidance and the 5% uncontested riposte from the the focus lol. Tsunami is pretty incredible tho for channelers getting dissonance down and being able to ward accumulate for big aoes (siyamak/barrakah) and you can ward through it as a monk.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

This is probably the expansion I'm looking forward to least. I knew waiting till KoS would be the most significant difficulty check for me playing on the TLE. For whatever reason to me this expansion felt like it came from a different game and was shoe-horned into Everquest.

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, so if there is anyone that really liked Maj'Dul and the DoF expansion, Yay, it is here!
  10. Springelf Active Member

New furniture lol. So much of what we have so far is very drab. Maj'dul housing is very different in a good way.

Lots of collections. I like having something to look for.

I like the desert motif.

Raiding gets more intense. The Shattered Lands was a little yawn for raids.

Peacock? Maybe....not sure how I will feel while actually doing it again....lol. Its a nice sense of accomplishment when its done.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

no, not the flying ones, more of a ground skimmer

I love the look and exploring sinking sands

I only duo'ed through the first time, so I never tried the raids

I'm really hoping they learned from their mistakes, most of the reports on the forums are from raiders, I'm just starting to do that with my current guild.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

If you do the Ring of Fate quest line, all the lore stuff from DoF makes sense and fits in well.

I think the reason DoF is often looked down on, was because how good the next 3 expansions were. However, when compared to Vanilla, DoF is a significant improvement.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Skittering scarabs!
  14. Muffincookie Active Member

I liked Living Tombs alot!
    Back then it felt very dangerous and it was fun running and jumpin up on walls to save yourself.
    Also my chock going into Maj'Dul one day and it ws filled with angry guards.
    And the fun things when people tried killing those flying "police"-dudes.

I dont remember much about the gear, but I know I ws angry that all that droped was for the Inq. that was in the small guild I was in. And there was hardly any druid gear at all.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Beetle Herding Act 1-10!
  16. Ratface Member

New raids, new dungeons. Love the godking raid.

Just more content. Maybe I'll try the ring of fate this time.

Clefts, living tombs, silent city. Even I guess poets. I enjoyed SL but content has got a little stale.
  17. jessejames Active Member

depends on you definition of "worth getting" none of the heroic gear I seen was mindblowing but you can do heroic content in T5 raid gear or T6 treasured so I guess anything better than that is "worth" getting even if it is small upgrades. more POT and CC on the gear than in T5
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

I know some of the fabled drops in Cazel's and Table are definitely "worth getting" especially for us leather wearers.
  19. jessejames Active Member

leather? UGH, real men wear cloth

but yea and my opinions on loot will reflect I'm a mage so unless it is mage gear it is useless to me :)
  20. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

heh I always get lots of mage gear... on my chain wearing assassin and beasties... nope you can't have my loot!