Derig TOV raid

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kaarkula, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Kaarkula Active Member

This mobs adds have too many hps.

Only about 30 guilds ww can kill it (even though there are 10 more mobs in TOV).

This leaves about nothing but a bunch of easy mode sleep walk raid zones.

Having played this game for years I can never remember a time where there was absolutely no other raid progression targets.

Have already had some people quit from boredom and lack of raid targets.
  2. Luzionist Active Member

No they do not, have your raid leader adjust the raid for that encounter have raid get more killing chambers or something, is this mob a dps check, yes it is will all guilds be able to kill it, no.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Luzionist. Derig Cinderaxe is what is called a "milestone boss" or one that is a marker of your guilds efficiency/power. Just like Erieen the Broken was in Destiny of Velious.

ToV has a very straight-progress line. Unlike DoV or older expansions which had 3-4 Raid Zones the Tears of Veeshan has 3 and one was only added after a few months.

Get more killing Chambers and coordinate more. If 30 guilds can do it the "problem" is more than likely user-error in coordination. I hate saying that but Derig does not need nerfed. There is new content coming in the next month or so that may add new progress as well.
  4. Kaarkula Active Member

I am the raid leader - and there is no other content to work on besides this one mob.

Never in the last 4 years have I experienced that - there was always another target to kill.

Has nothing to do with how hard, doable or undoable I think this mob is - problem is its the only mob...
  5. Kaarkula Active Member

Also a big shocker that people in two guilds that have already killed it would disagree with me.

Also Estred that's kind of my point... if its going to be this "Straight line" then the line needs to be adjusted ... because outside of the top 20% of guilds there is nada to raid atm.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

I sympathize but since I am living proof that a guild with Potent Gear, a bit of Energized and Guardian's Edifice Armor/Jewelry and we did not have Avatar items was capable of killing him, I find him fine.

Maybe after the next content update some stuff may be scaled down but I will say if your stuck on Derig you will not be able to kill Grendish even if you could get to him.
    Kalderon likes this.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

Just curious, you've cleared DC and SG? Both of those zones provide better loot and are similar in terms of challenge difficulty level - though they aren't DPS checks.
  8. Kaarkula Active Member

At least it would be two new mobs to kill and one new one to try.
  9. Luzionist Active Member

Do you guys run PK, SG or DMP as the gear in each of those zones would help with this mob and they are all on shorter reuse timers than ToV stuff and I would say Labs would net a couple of upgrades 1 time a week.
  10. Kaarkula Active Member

Like I said there are a few brainless easy zones to farm... like you are mentioning but actual diverse/challenging material there is really only one zone.

As far as I can remember it's going back 4-5 years... I've never seen it this way before.
  11. Kaarkula Active Member

I'll give you some examples. Last expansion there was SG , 3-4 rune Drinal, HM Bastion, The last dragon in Sleepers Tomb, Pirate Kings - even Plane of War was relevant difficult wise for a long time.

There were a lot of different places to raid new mobs that were challenging... in this current set up there is really only one zone and one encounter to progress on.

Sorry that's a problem as I see it.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

what you are experiencing is actual "difficult" changes. which is what the devs said they want to do away with. this is why you have less zones, but it's actually a zone that gets harder as you go into it.
    I found this odd. you say there is only 1 zone that is diverse/challenging material. but this thread is about nerfing that zone?
  13. Raenius Well-Known Member

Every guild has its roadblock boss which they have to work on really hard for the beginning in order to suceed, if you cant do it there are 3 choices for you:

- try harder
    - raid other stuff you can do
    - wait for nerfs

I think we already figured out which one you are willing to take..
  14. Balbasur Active Member

OP, I agree with you. You have to remember tho POW was relevant for 2 years and still is if you consider myth cloaks for certain classes. See the Paldian above me.

So in theory the zones are:
    SG
    DC
    POW end named
    TOV
    AOS
    Fabled Labs
    Fabled Mugenic
    Fabled 3 Princes
    Arena of Gods

And I can see them adding 1 more zone --> x4 Nexus Core maybe a x2 zone down the road

But, would rather have more fabled zones perhaps in EoF era.
  15. Skream Member

With all the gear from content available to you prior to Derig you should be able to kill this mob easily, the hp from this encounter is not the issue.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If you are refusing to do SG, then you are giving up on 2 of the best items in game arguably for every class.

Also are you telling me you've killed Fabled MO, but can't kill Derig? Because I don't see any guilds having done that. I also only see 1 guild who has killed 3P but not Derig. So unless you are that guild, you have 2 other targets.
  17. Arieste Well-Known Member

Both PK and SG are more difficult than Derig and as "diverse/challenging" as EQ2 content gets. 3P and MO are also harder, but they are both DPS checks, so if you can't do Derig, they're probably not good picks. If you consider PK to be a "brainless and easy to farm", then you really should be good enough to kill Berig, if you aren't, you need to adjust your strat. My guild first-pulls Berig pretty much every time, yet we spend hours at a time killing PKs and still haven't cleared SG.

Either you're ignoring the content available to you or you're just being stubborn about having to adjust your strat to beat Derig. .
  18. Kaarkula Active Member

I've never even suggested anything be nerfed before - classes, encounters anything.

It's really simple and I'm not ignoring anything - yes there are a lot of easy/brainless zones to farm.

But very little in the way of challenging content that only the top 20% can kill.

Ucala - I'm not calling for the entire zone to be nerfed just the one encounter that hardly anyone can kill ... though there are 10 more raid mobs after it.

I like how the answer is to go kill old content... nearly all of it much easier because of hp pools ect. That's the answer to needing diverse/challenging content?

If we spent time farming last expansions zones I'd have about 5 people interested in that... the rest would be utterly bored and stop logging in.

Some already have.

This has never been an issue before for me - there was always a lot of different targets on the same expansion level.

That way if one target got stale there were other targets to do and keep things interesting... now outside maybe 1 encounter (that's the same level of dps check) there is only Derig.
  19. Kaarkula Active Member

"Raid other stuff can do" is 90% ungodly easy and boring people to death - that's the point.
  20. Kaarkula Active Member

Both of those encounters are more difficult then Derig and less killed WW. If those encounters were designed for top 20 guilds to kill that's fine. No problem with that.

But the rest of us got labs.... that people were 1 grouping until they added fanning flames.

So two mobs for top 20 guilds and 1 zone that is easier than Sanctum...

It's strangely unbalanced.