Depots and Marketplace Recipes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Evilary, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Evilary Well-Known Member

I had a couple questions.

• The depots that you can store house items in, is that a market exclusive or can players make those?

• I was prowling around the marketplace and saw several recipe books and wondered if anyone knew much about them?

It would not show what recipes it teaches so I was hesitate to try to get one. I figure I can use my monthly dbc to buy some of the stuff as I get it each month. I took the deal for the 10 pack crate and wasn't that impressed to be doing it again. It had some nice stuff in it but the second I saw a temporary adornment like the overseer keeps bogging me down with, I said nope, not again.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

The Home Depot on HoF Server player made is 800,000 plat on the Broker.
    I will be buying mine from the Marketplace.
    The Home Depot recipe can be obtained in game.

I'm with on the recipe books in the Marketplace. It needs to show us what's in them.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

I can get bored of leveling. That's when I turn to crafting on my carpenter and finding new looks for my various homes. A couple of these sound great but I would like to be able to know what I am getting for my money. I tried looking it up with a google search hoping to see a result from EQ traders corner but unfortunately there was no hit based on how I searched. I later think I found one of the books or several of them, I am unclear.
    https://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g1005&menustr=070000000000
    It is kind of sad that the furniture created is heirloom. I understand why but it just means that you are required to purchase this to enjoy the furniture.
    Feara likes this.
  4. Evilary Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't seen one listed on the broker on Maj'dull (Crushbone). Nor has the recipe been listed. I think it is going to be Marketplace or bust for me since I am waiting on the next expansion to get caught up on expansions. Currently only good till POP and looks like the recipe is from VOV.
    Feara likes this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

The book with the recipe you are looking for is Advanced Vetrovian Tinkerer's Volume V.

\aITEM -1764329333 899244573:Advanced Vetrovian Tinkerer's Volume V\/a

EQ2U - Item Details - Advanced Vetrovian Tinkerer's Volume V (eq2wire.com)

As far as prices go, on most servers there are crafters who will make the item for free if you have the materials. Try contacting them in game through the grafting, or general chats.
    Feara likes this.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

I always like to hang out a few expansions back even though I buy the latest expansion.
    More so to support the game, to have the teleporter and to buy my Veteran's bonus back.

If you can wait on the Recipe you should. It sounds like you could be the main supplier on your Server.
    I only need one right now because I'm cleaning house in game. Deleting all waste and toons I really don't need.
    The Home Depot will be my dumping ground as I empty out Prestige houses I purchased along the way.
  7. Denmum Developer

As far as the marketplace recipes go:

You can examine the contents, it just takes an extra level of clicking to get to the recipe view due to the number of items contained within. Normal recipe books do this same thing where you can glance and see the recipes if there are only a few recipes in the book, but once the list gets longer, you have to click on the icon to see the full list.

They are heirloom because that is how Marketplace items are set up -- otherwise someone would be screaming about pay to win with them (pay to buy them and then make allll the money you need selling the items on the marketplace)

With regards to the home depots, yes, they are a recipe from the Visions of Vetrovia expansion, which is when they and the playermade scroll depot were added to the game, and players need to run the daily/weekly Vetrovia tradeskill missions in order to obtain a chance at the recipe.
    Twyla, Breanna and Feara like this.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not sure what's going on then. I know how to view contents in books but on the Marketplace currently there is no way for me no matter how I go about it. It is not allowing it. It says Preview not available.

Who knows.
  9. Denmum Developer

Well, bah! My bad, the marketplace interface doesn't let you examine the books properly. :(
    Bisquette, Breanna and Feara like this.
  10. Mugwort Active Member

Consider linking the recipe book(s) into chat.

To link the recipe books into chat, try the following:

Open marketplace. Select recipe book to be viewed. While book is selected, press shift key (this is what links recipes, etc. into the chat window).

It will look something like:

You say, "[Dahlgar Home Builder's Kit]" (will appear in whatever color is selected for Say)

Click on name of book in chat and the familiar recipe book window will pop-up with the recipes.
    Pixistik, Twyla and Feara like this.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

Worked like a charm Mug, thank you!
  12. Evilary Well-Known Member

I hadn't logged on yet since I read your comment. Feara states that it works so thanks for the advice. Hopefully now that a Dev knows that you cannot see the information easily, future additions to the marketplace can be tweaked to be seen easier.

Thanks.
  13. Evilary Well-Known Member

I had a thought, does the guildhall have a house depot option? I'm going to try to check later but if not, that would be a good option to put into the game. Can share furniture with trusted guildies or if you have a solo hall, lets you have a common ground place to store a lot of decorations.
    Feara likes this.
  14. Denmum Developer

Yes, there is a house depot guildhall amenity.
    Twyla and Feara like this.
  15. Denmum Developer

We are looking into what it would take to update the marketplace interface to display the contents of recipe books. I can make no promises until the interface gurus get back to me with their verdict, but we ARE looking into it.

~Mum
    Hartsmith, Twyla, Feara and 1 other person like this.
  16. Evilary Well-Known Member

Well regardless of the outcome, at least it is a known issue and was looked into. Thanks.
    Denmum and Feara like this.
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

I am posting here a potential bug. I don't know for sure if it is, but the guild hall House Depot seems like it may have a typo. It is listed as a Houseitem Depot, shouldn't it be a House Item Depot?
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Hit up Kuulei on Majdul, just send her the rares (1 Aligned Ore, 2 Tsavorite) in mail and she will craft the personal home (furniture) depot or Scroll depot and mail it back.
  19. Evilary Well-Known Member

I went ahead and got the Guild amenity for it. Since my guild died and I am the sole remaining survivor, it gives me a huge house to decorate. I was working on setting up one of my personal homes to be an Alt depot repository but logging into guild, waiting on server to load, running to house portal, waiting on server to load, takes 5 minutes to get to the depots. At least with the guild option, I cut the waiting in half. I wish they would fix the waiting on zone server issue...
    Geroblue likes this.