Deity pets giving irrelevant stats

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade Guest

After the change to primary stats for each class type, my old deity pet gives me a stat which is useless to me. My troub summons the imp of ro and gets a small pile of INT. Whoop-de-doo.
    I was wondering if there are any plans to tweak this, or if the only option is to give up your deity and get another one if you want an appropriate stat boost from the pet.
    How about tweaking them so you get the buff to whatever your primary stat is? You could do this by making a version of the spell that is class dependent, so summon imp of ro: scout would give you AGI instead of INT. And if you wanted different builds across the deities, have some give you a mix of stats that apply to you, like scouts could choose to get only AGI or an AGI/STAM split, etc.
    Of course, you could just redo them entirely, and have them all give unique bonuses, but if you at least tweaked the stats they give you wouldn't have to do any rebalancing.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Dieties aren't worth tweaking unless they go all out and re-do them (which they need to). Also, INT from Ro makes perfect sense at current, as Ro is a mage-y diety.
  3. ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade Guest

I agree a wholesale change is needed but I think a quick fix in the meantime would be nice.
    I'm sure I wasn't the only one who took a companion stat from a diety pet (like taking WIS if you're a Pally). I bet a lot of hybrid class players did.
    I think they should fix it because they tweaked a lot of other things which left people out in the cold after the stat change. I get reminded of that every time I summon my imp just for the heck of it.
    And if Ro's so smart, he'd give other stats to other classes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Just change the pet from +stat to +ability modifier.
    Or 3% potency.
    Or hand out cookies.
  5. ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade Guest

Jaremai@Guk wrote:
    Good idea. That's essentially what you get out of it until you hit your cap anyway.
    Any positive change would get more people doing the quests and enjoying the lore. Most of them are quite cleverly written.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

The stats given by a diety are part of its appeal to certain classes.
    It would be like you complaining tunare diety doesnt give you any abilites you want.
  7. ARCHIVED-Harowen Guest

Gilli@Blackburrow wrote:
    What cap? There's no cap on potency or on stat modifier.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Gungo wrote:
    Bingo, now I did choose Marr for my ranger when str was almost as important as AGI but am in the of going with Bristlebane now that AGI is the only stat I should be concerned with.
    Sol Sek Ro is a diety that gives pluses to mages in hte blessings and miracles so + to INT is appropiate.
    why wouldl a scout have choose sol sek ro anyway even under the old system
  9. ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    In the old system bards got more power and spell damage from INT and half of our attacks are spells. Now I'm stuck with a useless INT pet and wish there was some reparation instead of har har too bad for you.
    Anyway I think what makes the deities unique is their lore, symbol, and their domain, not what stat they give you. Does INT define Solusek Ro or is he defined by INT?
    He's a fire dude. Fire is AGI. Fire is STR. Fire is WIS. Fire is 3% potency.
    It would be nice if a scout could choose Ro in the new world without having to put on the RP flag to justify it. I think more people choose a deity for the stat they will get than for any other reason. The lore would be more signficant if that weren't a constraint. I might actually ask someone "why did you choose deity X?" and be interested. Now they only get asked if the stat doesn't match.
  10. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

Why would a scout choose Solusek Ro at all? He is classicly a patron diety of wizards and maybe conjurers. Why not go for a more scouty deity, like Bristlebane? Personally, I think Bristlebane has better miracles anyway, and you just can't beat the bovotch pet!
    Branch out a little! My monk has finished every deity questline available to good characters, and I value the ability to change deity whenever I feel like it, or perhaps to get access to a specific miracle that I need for some task. RP-wise he is a devout follower of Quellious, but that doesn't have to mean I am stuck with a +Wis pet! Roleplaying and mechanics are easily disconnected, after all.
  11. ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    Wait, I think I missed something here. Don't you have to forsake your deity to get the choice to have another one? Or by that statement do you mean forsaking, picking another one and starting over with the whole quest line?
    I could do that, I just don't think I should have to in this case. I had a deity with a relevant stat for bards before the attribute change, then afterwards it became useless with no consideration from the devs. I worked hard for that back in the day, too, when the temple was all triple heroic and it was harder to level to get to that tier of the quest.
    Basically, Solusek just made bards second class citizens and everybody in this thread seems to love that. Guess it comes with being a bard, I should have known, huh?
  12. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

The loss of a pittance in stat is hardly making you second class citizens. The diety quests are relatively quick, just swap to one that gives you AGI instead of INT.
  13. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

They need to rework deities entirely. They're horribly balanced, with Anashti>all else. Rather sucks for us goodies.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Gilli@Blackburrow wrote:
    TY for the answer to my question. It was much the same as my choice for Marr for str since my Damage was based on str. now Now I've got to decide whether to go with Turnare or Bristlebane either one is good for RP for my toon for RP reasons lore wise. If I take Tunare my pet gives me both Agi and wis, if I take Bristlebane pet will give me agi only but miracles and blessing more suited for scouts being that most help with dps and a trickster God is kinda right for most scouts.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    hmm you mean if you finish the questlines you can go back to the Diety and get the pet again?
  16. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    You never lose the pet ability (or at least I've never lost them). You can't cast it while you don't follow that diety, but if you renounce your current diety and go back to an old one you can use their pet again.