Deflier AA's when running with a Dirge

Discussion in 'Defiler' started by ARCHIVED-Darkshadow29, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Darkshadow29 Guest

Hello,
    As the title says, my wife is new to the game all together. She love to heal (me not so much, So i know very little about healers). She is trying to figure out what is the best way to spend her aa's. She is a lvl 30 with 22 aa's. She has been putting into Agi, but not sure whats the best way or what is a good set up. She will be running with me at all times, I am a dirge. ANy help you be nice. Thank you for your time and info,
    Darkshadow29
  2. ARCHIVED-Kari Guest

Are you primarily a duo or do you recruit the rest of a group when you log in?
  3. ARCHIVED-Darkshadow29 Guest

we just play together, sometime we group, but about 75% its just us.
    Also is Defliers Melee or Caster damage? I mean is it more important to have melee stats and crit or spell stats and crit?
  4. ARCHIVED-Darkshadow29 Guest

5. ARCHIVED-SerChandos Guest

I will try.
    My two main toons are a 80 defiler and 80 dirge. I have often dreamed of two boxing them!
    It seems to me that defilers are borked up. We are primary casters (DoTs and Debuffs) but then we have a whole AA line that gives us great melee crits.
    Your dps is gonna be bad, so fights are going to last a bit longer than most other duos. The good news is that means lots of time for your DoTs to work.
    Your question: "I mean is it more important to have melee stats and crit or spell stats and crit?" is directed at choosing armor I assume.
    If i was in your shoes i would find armor for your defiler that has the best mit, WIS and STA.
    Your dirge is gonna have a hard time pulling aggro off the defiler at times so having as much health and mit is important.
    After that i would focus on armor with heal crit+.
    You can spec each toon to give great melee crit without looking for it in the equipment.
    Hope that helps.
    Cheers.
  6. ARCHIVED-firewolf Guest

My suggestion would be to get wisdom 44682 asap. Next work down the shaman tree until you get canibalise. If you like to do more dps in the duo, get int 488 too otherwise go str until the end. With enough +spell damage and +heal items, you can do decent dps while healing and debuffing. Heal Crit is the only useful one in the entire agi line. Not really needed until you get close to 80. What you get from the rest of the agi line are rather useless when compared to the wisdom line. With dirge buff, your dog can add some nice dps. Gear wise go for wis, int and sta in that order. Wisdom gives you more power. Int increase your spell damage. sta is nice to have but not needed if you are not getting hit. Besides you already have a huge hp buff.