Defiler Tips #10: Macros for Defilers (Updated 24 JAN 2007)

Discussion in 'Defiler' started by ARCHIVED-sostrows, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-sostrows Guest

Defiler Guide here: Defiler Guide

Please post any macros that are helpful, specifically for a Defiler.

General rules with macros:
    1. You can only have to spells in one macro.
    2. Although you have three lines, you can do many things (such as emotes) on each line.
    3. You can normally shorten commands. /useability = /usea
    4. If you spam macros, all your spells will not go off. The game only allows one spell to be queue'd. So spamming 3 macros will fire off the 1st spell and the 2nd spell of the last macro skipping spells #2-5.

Unequip Macro (not very useful since LU21, but should always be interested in how to get naked fast)
    : ;un chest;un shoulders;un head;un legs;un feet;un hands;un forearms;un ears;un neck
    : ;un left_ring;un right_ring;un left_wrist;un right_wrist;un waist
    : ;un primary;un secondary;un ranged

Equip Macro - (none)removed from game 8-( as of June 06

Buff Macro #1 (Example - cuts down on icons on a hotbar)
    /usea Rapacity
    /usea Malevolent Efflux

Group Heal macro (announces heal in grp chat and/or whatever channel you want like a guild healer channel etc)
    /usea Banal Accretion
    /g inc grp heal for ~945
    /1 inc grp heal for ~945 (or whatever channel you want to send it to)

Target Heal macro
    /usea Putrid Balm
    /1 inc heal to %t for ~945

Double Big Heal
    /usea Sacraficial xxx
    /usea xxx Accretion

Target Ward macro
    /usea Calamitous Shroud
    /1 warding %t for 1394

Solo HO
    /usea Divine Providence
    /usea Infestation
    /usea xxx Anathema

Stat debuff
    /usea Malignancy
    /usea Abhorrent Seal

DPS debuff

/usea Abasement
    /usea Umbral Trap

Attack macro w/pet
    /toggleautoattack
    /pet attack

Master Smite combined macro (will be removed LU#31): ; usea Djinn Master's Smite ; usea Giant Master's Smite ; usea Droag Master's Smite: ; usea Elemental Master's Smite ; usea Ghost Master's Smite: ; usea Golem Master's Smite ; usea Orc Master's Smite

Alternate long macro option: /do_file_command can be used instead:
    1. Create a new macro
    2. Add the following command: /do_file_commands master_strike.txt
    3. In Windows, create a plain text file called "master_strike.txt" in your EQ2 directory.
    4. Open the text file and type the game commands to use the creature mastery spells, one command per line, no "/" necessary:e.g.:
    usea Orc Master's Sinister Strike
    usea Skeleton Master's Sinister Strike
    usea Giant Master's Sinister Strike
    usea Goblin Master's Sinister Strike
    usea Lizardman Master's Sinister Strike
    usea Djinn Master's Sinister Strike
    usea Droag Master's Sinister Strike
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    The in-game hotbutton will now call the text file in your EQ2 directory and run the commands listed in it.
    Macro to self-ward/heal and switch back fastKeeping my tank or primary DPS targeted, when finding myself suddenly under attack I use the following:/target_self/usea xxx Shroud (or xxx Balm if needing a heal)/target_previous
    Rez macro for raiding:/usea {in combat rez spell #1}/usea {in combat rez spell #2}/raid {Rezzing %t}

Maelstrom macro:
    /usea Maelstrom
    /g {using DOT/+mana/HOT spell - STUNNED for 36 seconds}
    NOTE: The use of an emote in the middle tends to help both spells go off. There is no /wait command I know of.

NOTE: channel "/1" in this case for me is a Guild healer channel where all our heals get spammed too. It's a window on my screen during raids. As you can imagine it scrolls by very fast during a raid but the channel allows all the healers to talk in a channel besides /raid before pull. You may find this too much or not needed. That's OK, but what it does it gets you to think about other options. Such as:

Contested macro:
    /gu CONTESTED UP
    /guildaltchannel CONTESTED UP
    /guildofficerchannel CONTESTED UP

etc. Imagination is your limitation here.

Only macro where I chat in group "/g" is a group heal and that's only during a raid.
    Message Edited by sostrows on 01-24-2007 11:06 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-NimSul Guest

Hehe i would kill you if you macroed a say to every heal :smileyvery-happy:

Another usefull macro is a master strike macro:

/: ; useability Gnoll Master's Smite ; useability whatever Master's Smite

and so on im lazy
  3. ARCHIVED-Ishnar Guest

How does an emote help spells go off?
  4. ARCHIVED-NimSul Guest

I dunno but im guessing its working like a /wait or similar thing would so you do a /flex before casting the last spell otherwise you would only cast one of the spells maybe, only a guess
  5. ARCHIVED-sostrows Guest

Yeah, sorry, should have put a note there.

The emote create a small delay in the macro which helps the 2 spells go off more smoothly. There is no /delay or /wait command I know of.

The /1 channel for me is a guild healer channel that sits off to the side during a raid. As you can imagine its constantly scrolling pretty fast.

The only time I use the /g chat is a grp heal so that other healers see it. Even though we determine who will do a grp heal before pull it seems to help to prevent all of us heal-spiking and casting grp heals at the same time.
    Message Edited by sostrows on 01-09-200612:32 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-sostrows Guest

Yeah, if you could macro all ~8 master strike in one macro so that whatever one works goes off so you only have one icon would be cool. macros can only use 2 abilities tho.
  7. ARCHIVED-NimSul Guest

For some reason the one i posted works even if you put all the master strikes in it, only problem is you get 5 spams of doesnt work on this kinda creature
  8. ARCHIVED-sostrows Guest

That is a nice one. I'll post it. The "wont work on this creature" spam goes to combat chat window anyway
  9. ARCHIVED-VizP Guest

Wow great thread.. hehe thanks, make life that much more smoother :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Itzon-Huta Guest

11. ARCHIVED-sostrows Guest

Nice! I added the Single smite macro.
  12. ARCHIVED-Trailsman Guest

This is sweet. I 2 box sk/defiler, having my sk on my main comp and spamming hotkeys on my defiler on my less desirable comp. I'm not sure how other 2 boxers do it, but I put my defilers keyboard in my lap, and use one hotbar/primary numbers 1-=. With only 12 spots I am limited to what I can fit in there. I currently use starting in slot 1 and ending with slot 12 the following; Sacrificial Deliverance (1), Calamitous Shroud (2), Putrid Balm (3), Carrion Aegis (4), Banal Accretion (5), Bane of Gaurding (6), Single Cast Cure (7) (trauma/noxious, etc; depending on what situation calls for), Degenerate (8), Infestation (9), Ruinous Anathema (10), Caliginous Corruption (11), and believe it or not Attack (12). I usually don't cast #9-10 till 11 has gone off.
    I only use one hotbar because secondary or tertiary hotbars require me to use Ctrl or Alt then #, and truthfully I'm just not that good :p So as a result I'm sacrificing several debuffs. The reason I use #9-10 is it debuffs disease which my SK loves, and since noxious is debuffed, I may as well throw in a #9 in there.
    Sooooo, when I saw this wonderful post by Sostrows (Thnx!), well....
    Time to piggy back either Fulgionous Tendril or Umbral Trap to Degenerate (whatchya think?). Maybe put #10 under 11 as one, somewhere I'd really like to add Abhorrence and Loathsome Seal.
    I'll be experimenting with this some, but if anyone can offer me some suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks for making my 2 boxing more effective, don't know what I ever did without these macro's. I haven't used them yet and have yet to make them, but I'll keep ya posted on how it worked out. Thanks!
    Taos 60 Defiler/Permafrost
  13. ARCHIVED-sostrows Guest

sweet,

i dont dual box so maybe you'll come up with even more macros that the rest of us havent thought of!
  14. ARCHIVED-sostrows Guest

added the Attack w/pet macro.

Don't know how useful it is, but saw it from another thread.
  15. ARCHIVED-Devorre Guest

Back in EQ 1 the line was /pause . You would then input the amount of time you wanted the pause to happen in increments of 10th of a second.. I.E. /pause 01 would pause for 1/10th of a sec where /pause 10 would pause for 1 second and /pause 100 would pause for 10 seconds.

I will have to try it when I get home tonight.
  16. ARCHIVED-Copperhed Guest

there is no need for the emote if you have spell queueing on. i have my buffs macroed and as long as i wait for the second spell on a key to go off before hitting teh next macro, they all cast.
  17. ARCHIVED-sostrows Guest

Thanks. Edited post.
  18. ARCHIVED-dennisbp Guest

WAUW Sost. Great post buddy.

I feel like a better shaman (mystic) already. It made my life a bit easier. :)

Thanks again ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-Xaor Guest

I like to have MEGA HEAL / MEGA GHEAL
    in my repitoire

/usea Ritual
    /usea ***** Accretion

etc

Saves a lot of time takes up a tiny bit more space (1 hot key more)
  20. ARCHIVED-sostrows Guest