Defiler Rune - Rune of Warding what does it do?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Dragonsnacks, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Dragonsnacks Active Member

I have it and I see the text change to Bane of Warding. Its suppose to have a chance to proc Curse of Shielding but i have yet to see Curse of Shielding anywhere. can someone explain this rune to me. it doesn't seem to be doing anything. thanks *hands out ogre teddybears and cookies*
  2. Kari Well-Known Member

It is a very powerful rune when fighting longer fights. You have a debuff named Bane of Warding, which you place on a mob. When the mob attacks someone, it has a chance to proc a small ward on that person, Curse of Shielding. The orange adorn makes the ward larger and makes it trigger on the group instead of just an individual. In a raid, it can also trigger on other groups besides your own.

In practical terms, if you solo or run a lot of dungeons with easy mobs, you aren't going to see much effect. You have to debuff the mob and then it has to damage someone to proc, so if a mob is dead or dying as your debuff lands, it won't have a chance to do anything.

For more difficult mobs that stay alive longer, it is extremely useful. It adds an additional ward, and with some mobs having 75% bleed through, that is another layer of warding to help catch some of the bleed through. For a raid fighting a difficult mob, it provides some limited warding to the other groups, so you can provide support to other groups and help take some of the edge off the damage for the other healers.
    Semperfifofum and Darkale like this.
  3. Dragonsnacks Active Member

Thanks, much appreciated.