Deepforge Faction

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, May 15, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

Deepforge Founders.
    Geroblue likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

3. Almee Well-Known Member

I found it both sad and funny, when trying to enter Riverdale today, that I got to listen to the whole song of Beauty and the Beast while waiting for the game to let me back in after kicking me to character select. This is why a faction quest series has to offer something I really want or need before I will spend time doing it. At 78, and long past my expiration date, I know my time is limited so I'm not going to squander it doing a faction series that has nothing to offer me.
    Chikkin likes this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Lots of things are perfectly good well past expiration date! It sounds like you might have some computer trouble, but I totally get just getting by on what you have and not upgrading. Maybe the 64 bit will help once it's live.

And it's always worth doing a faction on at least one main toon, just for the purpose of buying cool stuff for yourself AND alts.

Cheers! and good luck getting to 40k, it will happen soon.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  5. AOE1 Well-Known Member

rofl. Sorry, I just could not help myself. Strange that I was able to do all those zones quest and get all my crafters (too many) the factions and items they needed. It took time but I gained in the process. If it required I wait a day or a week, I did other things or pulled up a different toon. I always need mats so harvesting seemed to me to be a good place to spend that time.
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

Well isn't this special. I went to do my one quest, to get my woodworking table, and my faction has been reduced to 34K. And that's after I did the quest and tried to buy the station. This game gives and takes away on a whim.

Frankly, this isn't worth the frustration and anger. I'm constantly losing items I make costing me rares, time, and effort. While doing the Proof of the Pudding the freaking game ate one of my rough rubies I had bought for 27 plat because Feerrott isn't giving up squat lately.

I thought the loss of items was only a bug on Test but it apparently randomly hits on live servers also. Now, when I craft, I have to immediately put the item on the broker to keep it safe when porting. It was the whole reason for getting the woodworking station to begin with. I could just take it with me to each house I was working on so I wouldn't have to port and risk losing items.

Last night I lost 10 items during a port from craft house to the dojo I was working on. Luckily I still had enough mats to make them again and was able to port them safely using the broker but it is a PITA to have to do that with every item I make that isn't used before porting. Apparently no one else is experiencing this so it isn't going to get solved by the devs. But they had the time to reduce my faction. And then they wonder why people quit the game.
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

I guess DP is now docking us for complaining. I just had another 500 faction removed from my Maldura faction. Guess I'll see another 500 removed for this post.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Maybe take a picture of your faction screen before you log off so that you have a record of what it was.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. vlada Active Member

no
  10. Celestia Well-Known Member

Okay I just have to ask: why did you make two threads for this subject and it seems the answer was already given in this thread…? It seems a little bit redundant and pointless to me but maybe you know something I don’t.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Don't be ridiculous. Devs have far better things to do with their time than pick on you! IF there is a problem it's far more likely to be a character corruption of some kind and you need to petition CS to look into it. Far more likely you're simply misreading the numbers. I know my aging eyes find it almost impossible to read details on that screen due to the lack of contrast in most of the colour combinations.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

I took a picture of it but I don't remember how to post pictures on this forum as I haven't needed to in several years. If you know how to do it, perhaps you could give me the directions for doing it.
  13. vlada Active Member

as i already stated in your other thread there are two factions in maldura. you are seeing a decrease in deepforge faction because you are increasing another. stop whining and making posts claiming you are being docked by the game company when its nothing of the sort. they dont care about this,at all.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

Other than your having the faction matter completely wrong, increasing one faction does not decrease the other, my faction was docked because there was an error in how the program was computing it. It has now been straightened out and I am getting the correct faction. It would have been nice to have been warned it was going to happen instead of my having to watch my faction go down and down and have no clue why. I'm sure if you saw your xp going down, with no explanation, you'd be a little frantic also.