Dedicated Jack-o-Lantern: bugged or can't buy it?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by daicia, Oct 16, 2013.

1. daicia Well-Known Member

I noticed that the merchant for NotD has the Dedicated Jack-o-Lantern pet this year for 50 candy corn, but I can't buy it. I'm not sure if it's a bug or due to the following conditions:

-Do you have to be a pet class to use it? (I thought it was a fluff pet)
    -Do you have to complete the new achievement that replaced the Devotee quest in years past?

I get a message from the system that states, " The price for Dedicated Jack-o-Lantern is unknown" when I try to buy it. If the above conditions apply, can you make a better system message for it and/or something that comes up on screen to clarify? It took quite a bit of digging through chat to find the system message. And of course, if it's bugged, please say so and fix it if you can. :)
  2. Leofissa New Member

I am also having the same issue, so you are not alone.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

It was given as the result of the Nights of the Dead Devotee quest last year, maybe you have to complete that to be able to buy it and they forgot to put that in the merchant window?

I know for previous holidays there were items you had to complete specific achievements to be able to purchase.
  4. Leofissa New Member

The only problem with that, is that the Nights of the Dead Devotee quest came via The Norrathian Express in-game mail last year, according to wiki. However, I have not received any emails to this effect this year. I'm leaning towards it being more of a bug, if they put it in the merchant for purchase using just candy corn. Having some confirmation would be nice though, as I want to get it and have no clue how to at this point.

Thanks Lady Finora! :)
  5. daicia Well-Known Member

That quest has been switched to an achievement as of this year. Now that I know it was the same reward as last year's quest, maybe it isn't bugged after all, and is intended to be purchasable after the achievement. Please let us know!

I think I might /bug it in game in the meantime, just in case though.
  6. Stella_AB New Member

I had the same issue. I did /bug it. I also got the "price unknown" message. I found a message from 2011 where a player was unable to purchase the plague cloud b/c of the same problem. I haven't tried to purchase anything else that costs only candy corn. Is it all bugged or just this pet?
  7. Stella_AB New Member

Ok nvm. I can buy everything else that only requires candy corn.
  8. SandsMans Active Member

I had the error before doing any of the notd quests and after completing them all and getting the achievement I still get the error. :(
    /bugged!
    Leofissa and daicia like this.
  9. daicia Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know, Sands. At least we know it's a bug even if they are done.
  10. LunaMoon Member

I have the same error, I reported a bug before I came here trying to find out what's going on. I completed the NOTD Devotee quests and still get the error. I tried a character without the Devotee and same error as the one with. I hope this gets solved before event ends I really like to have a pumpkin bouncing along while I do the halloween stuff.