Decoraid?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by BaldNinja, Jul 5, 2023.

1. BaldNinja Member

Someone please explain to this noob what a decoraid is?

Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

So a few years ago the Guides would pop on once in a while to gather some folks for house tours, but it only happened 2-3 times a year. So a few of us decided to make it a regular thing. A bonus for anyone who shows a home is they get boosts in votes. A bonus for everyone is you may come away with some new ideas you've never seen before. Plus it's always a lot of fun. Eventually they grew from 5 or 6 of us on Maj'Dul to whole "raids" or more showing up, and at one point they were happening on every server. Some people don't even show a home, they just participate for the fun of it.
    TL;DR Once a month we gather on certain servers to tour homes together. It's a player run event that's been going on for...oh about 9 years now. (We started running them in 2016.)
    Holy crap I'm old. :eek:
    And we call it a DecoRaid bc a son of one of our OG members made a joke one night that "You all get together to raid houses?" :p Plus we thought DecoRaid sounded cooler than House Tours bc it sounds like Decorate.

:)
  3. BaldNinja Member

ah, thanks for the info. I kind of thought that but was not sure. :)
    I plan on attending on MD as I just made an alt on that server after talking with people in a FB group.

Sounds fun
  4. Spextasy Well-Known Member

You're quite welcome! Have fun. They're always a blast. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries, love; 2023 - 2016 is only 7 years... :)

Uwk
    who's been on a time or two; they are fun, except for maybe whoever's doing a live streaming video for it at the time ;)
    Geroblue, Spextasy and BaldNinja like this.
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

As you can see, math has never been my strong suit. :oops:
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, but look at the bright side! You're two years younger than you thought! :D

Uwk
    Geroblue, Spextasy and BaldNinja like this.
  8. Edelphia Well-Known Member

if you want a decorator friendly guild on MD, Phoenix Rizing is always taking in more.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We're friendlies in Rooted Nomads, too, but we're not always available all the time; the grand majority of toons there are my Hordelings, and I'm on 5 other servers as well as Maj'Dul... :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and BaldNinja like this.
  10. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I also host them with Brewmyst, on the AB server, about 3-4 times a year. I do have another one planned, just haven't thought of the date for it yet, but I'm thinking November or so. My drawer of spoons is kinda empty to try to do them monthly.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

And I'm Quiarrah on Skyfire, MD, AB and Thurgadin. . . in that order.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.