debuffing worthwhile?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28, Oct 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Splatterpunk28 Guest

I used to debuff pre-DoF, but due to our long cast times and how fast mobs die in groups...I just...skip it.

Is anyone debuffing anymore? And, if so, have you tested it enough to get a general idea of how beneficial it is, if at all?
  2. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Its good for root braking. If you need brake you cower or skeletal grasp but lazy to click it of on icon bar just cast Anarchic maelstorm and root will be gone
  3. ARCHIVED-maddawg138 Guest

debuffing is more worthwhile now. I can break 3k damage with Null Distortion after debuffing with a msytic, brigand and coercer so its more than worth while to debuff if you wanna do more damage
  4. ARCHIVED-Thibor24 Guest

I guess the answer is yes debuffing can be useful in a group.
    I would never use a debuff when soloing.
  5. ARCHIVED-Max122 Guest

Debuff then wicked gift on groups of mobs thats all I am saying.
  6. ARCHIVED-TheBladesCaress Guest

Debuffing is even better now :)
  7. ARCHIVED-AngelVyxen Guest

I don't group much..but when I do, I dont use debuffs in my rotation.. unless we're pulling some uniquely difficult or named mob maybe.
  8. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

I think the times to debuff are very little since the revamp.

Sure, you can debuff any level of mob, but:
    - when you are solo and do solo-mobs, it's not worth debuffing.
    - when you are grouped and the mobs are not ^^^ heroics, it's not worth debuffing either. Out casting times are too high and your group kills fast.

I only see realy benefit in debuffing on ^^^ heroics.

And since we are masters of aoe, why the heck are not -all- our debuffs affecting groups of mobs?
  9. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

The 8% attack speed debuff from chaotic maelstrom is more then reason enough to debuff. Our debuff is also contagious, so it's actualy a grp debuff. And on longer fights, it's the only debuff that I know that you almost never need to recast, since it refreshes itself. The STR, INT debuff might be discussable, but I always use it on epic mobs anyway, to lower the melee damage.
  10. ARCHIVED-Oakbrow Guest

Debuffs are handy on single target ^^^ fights as a timer, in addittion to the actual effects. What I mean by this is I know that if I cast Chaotic Maelstrom and that Curse of somethingorother before casting anything else, the tank has built enough aggro that I can go into burn down mode without worrying about drawing aggro unless it's a very tough/named mob that lives longer than most.

For those tough fights, I like to toss in BG when the mob is at about 30%, just in case I draw aggro towards the end of the fight.

If we're fighting linked encounters, the mobs will likely be dead too fast to bother debuffing. For those, I let the tank get back to camp, give him "one mississippi" to build aggro, and then it's go time.