Daybreak please make these changes to housing

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Kenn, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Kenn Well-Known Member

I would like to see two features added to the housing section.

1. A page like the wardrobe, except for house items. There would be categories and every house item listed. The house items would go into the page like the waredrobe, be stackable, and take up no inventory space. I like to be creative without the annoyance of inventory space and searching. Ideally I would just click the item slot on the page and if I have it, then the item would appear ready to set down.

2. Have another pop-up for players to host competitions. The pop-up would show what the rules are the compeition, prize, timeline etc. Along with all the houses that enter into the competition so other players can take a tour and vote. A competition archive would also be cool, just to see past competitions and houses.
    Almee and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Until such time as these are implemented, I have one word that has served me well all these years...

Spreadsheets. :)

Uwk
    who's probably putting the Kingsoft and Excel creators' kids through college (though there are free versions) :D
  3. Kenn Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the spreadsheet of all items?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

Why a wardrobe for items when you have house item depos?
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It depends...I do have separate spreadsheets for all of my Carpies that have House Depots so I can tell at a glance (well, with a bit of scrolling) what all I have in there (if I remember to update each one on a regular basis... :oops:); I usually only participate in one swap/challenge/contest at a time ('cause I barely finish ONE at a time within the time allotted... :oops:), but I'll have a spreadsheet for Ideas For [Whatever It Is] that I can refer to, like a shopping list ("Oh, good, I did get 37 of those after all; guess I need a new column for where exactly they are: Broker, House Depot, etc."), checklist, and quick place to jot down brilliant ideas (and a separate worksheet for Old Failed Ideas ;->) all in one; and yep, I've often made spreadsheets of various categories of items from EQ2 Furniture that I've first saved as a .txt file, then filled in a spreadsheet from there. That way, I can also do Notes at a glance, like for the Rugs category; I've found to my great dismay that there are a LOT of rugs and carpets that are really grungy, and barely work as carpets, let alone anything else. :-/

So yeah, it's possible, just tedious; I can see why you'd want a more convenient way of dealing with it (so would I! :D), but until then... :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Momo like this.
  6. Kenn Well-Known Member

You bring up a good point. While they are at it, then should allow us to mark an item as a favorite. Which would most likes be a list of your most commonly used items. But then all items should also allow you to make a note about it.

If we are going to get spoiled, then we might as well have it all.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

If I recall, when you examine any item, in the upper right left corner there is a button that if you click will open a new window (in the same examine window, not a separate one) that actually does allow you to make notes about an object. I've never used it, personally, but I've accidentally opened it hundreds of times, on gear, furniture, etc. I can't say that the info persists across characters or anything, but especially if it does it could be a good way to note things like where the item came from, whether it's a quested or collection item, that kind of info.
  9. Almee Well-Known Member

While I agree both of these ideas would be nice, I think the new house depot is all we will get for awhile. We can always hope, thought, that these will be added in the future.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really?? Cool! :D I have got to check that out... :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

SWTOR has that system and I hate it.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As it is, I haven't been able to find it in EQ2...

Uwk