Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sturmlocke, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Link: https://www.daybreakgames.com/news/dbg-content-creator-program-03182024

I just read this in the DCUO forums, copy and paste my own reponse to it:

Is anyone thinking of applying to that program? I know we have a number of ppl covering DC and EQ2 in a variety of ways around here, so will this motivate you to give it a go?
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It looks quite interesting, but I will have to think about it. I do not do YouTube or any of the other streaming platforms. My specialty is roleplaying content.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

I've streamed EQ2 in the past, but haven't for years. To have any kind of success, one of the central pillars is consistency and that was never my strong suit. I'd mostly just stream raids or when I felt inclined, but never on a truly consistent basis.
  4. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

From what I've read Sideqik is an influencer program that tracks data. Mostly I see this as speaking the choir, those who are already fans making content for those who are fans already. It seems to be a way for DBG to not spend money on ads. As much as I would love to see EQ2 succeed, they don't seem to really try. Even The Lazy Peon finally came by and made a video, but the only thing that impressed him was the creativity of home building.
    Jaden likes this.
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

I've seen that video, and he does make some good points (particularly about the onboarding process) but I think had he actually played with some friends he would have had a significantly different, and better, experience.
    GrunEQ likes this.