Daybreak is laughing at Beta PoP tradeskill testers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Calamoor, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Calamoor Active Member

Did anyone who spent all that time testing out the PoP tradeskills on the Beta server notice that the familiar in the new PoP tradeskill timeline is a better version? What was the purpose then of testing on Beta and getting a nice reward for doing so to only have those doing this new PoP tradeskill timeline get the same but better version? All that time wasted on the Beta server when you could have been playing on the live servers with your friends; and many of the tradeskill bugs reported were never fixed and made it to live.

Don't you feel like Daybreak gave you a gold medal for Beta testing and is now giving a millennial gold, silver and bronze medal to those just for participating with this new PoP tradeskill timeline. Now don't you Beta tradeskill testers feel very special for the time and effort you put in on the Beta servers? Will you be doing Beta tradeskill testing on the next x-pac? I wonder if they plan to release an improved version of the Beta Instance Reset Beta token to the general masses as well soon?

Oh, if you have any toons that need to level to 110 and you don't want to run them through the sig line for now (or at all), then here's a quick way to get to 110 without slaving at the crafting table. Accept the first tradeskill sig line quest, get to the point where you craft the first item and then turn it in and you'll get 2-4 tradeskill levels. Then delete the quest and get it again from Druzzil Ro in Plane of Magic and rinse/repeat to the turn in point of the first crafted item. Don't forget to use that hammer to refresh your tradeskill vitality. In just a few runs of this and you can get to 110 in fewer than 30 mins. Yes, another nice give-a-way to the I-Want-It-Now! members of this game.
  2. Drona Well-Known Member

I hope you are not serious? :) In a MMO, the only real "currency" is time. Your familiar was a better than the tradeskill timeline reward for good 3/4 months. All items in MMO eventually get replaced....
    Earar likes this.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

always replaced, exactly.

look at the ethereal reset runes --> changed despite time and effort
    ethereal cloak --> quickly replaced, belt also
    mounts --> the ones who bought the premium or better need to do the tradeskill of the planes to get the new best
    tithe --> changed completly and evened out through players
    PG adorns --> now can be bought through PQs and account flagged

so on and so on

right now the only thing that hasn't been nerfed or replaced is the KA flawless buff. and people who were higher than 55 points in tithe.
    get the benefits of your rewards while they last. but don't ever expect they'll stay the best
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

As a person who got the beta familiar, I do not feel 'cheated' or 'laughed at' by having a familiar with the same stats as part of the TS sig line. I am actually GLAD to see it there. It is the ONLY item from the sig line that is actually FOR the tradeskill side.. everything else is aimed squarely at top tier adventure side. And the best bit isn't even something the crafter can make for another person.. which means most people who might have wanted the OTHER recipes, will have those recipes anyway.
    Alenna, Finora, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

Did i use the beta familiar to harvest rares for two raid mains...yes. Do I feel cheated? Nope.
    Alenna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

We were ahead of other harvesters and got our gear a LOT sooner than others, no no, I don't feel cheated.
    Alenna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I don't feel cheated, I beta test to help find bugs, not to get rewards.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I don't feel cheated or "laughed at". I did both Beta and Test.
  9. Calamoor Active Member

Okay, let's put it this way... For anyone that pre-orders next xpac, they all get their mythical 2.0. How would those that struggled to get that weapon feel if everyone got it without lifting a finger?
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I wont care. First, I don't have my epic 2.0 and I doubt I ever will. Second, I really doubt ill be around here by then...
  11. Dannni Active Member

Looks more like everyone is laughing at you. You seriously thought the beta tradeskill familiar would never be replaced? Lol
  12. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

SInce I don't care what other players have or do, outside of my circle of friends and acquaintances, it wouldn't bother me in the least.
    Feylone and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I spent at least 12 hours a day, every day in beta harvesting, testing the Adventure lines, testing the quests, testing the tradeskill recipes we had, no, I do not feel cheated in the least.

The point of beta testing is to test. Yes, it is nice to get some item, whatever it may be for testing, but its not required.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that the people who did this tradeskill signature line didn't lift a finger? Because that's ridiculous. I'd say anyone who finishes the TS signature has done more than it took to actually get the beta familiar. It wasn't exactly super hard to get the beta familiar. You only had to get 110 crafting and harvest some rares (which wasn't hard).

They did plenty enough to deserve an actual tradeskill reward for the thing. The signature quest is pretty aggravating in parts and is by no means "not lifting a finger". I'm actually GLAD I'm going to get something better than the beta one. What other crafting rewards would my characters that have the beta reward get? And from what I've seen it's not really better on the crafting/harvest side of things. Just better in adventure stats, crafting related stats look the same.

This coming from someone who did both beta and test too. Having the beta familiar was nice. I had bags full of harvests and plenty of rares and 9 characters to level 110 crafting before anyone else in my guild then helped them gather more stuff.
    Oranorn, Rhodris and AccidentProne37 like this.
  15. Calamoor Active Member

So, everyone wouldn't mind then for Daybreak to add an alternate soloable sig-line for the mythical 2.0 weapon that is better than the raid sig-line version of the mythical 2.0 weapon. Heck, if I don't need to fight Trak for a lesser version of a mythical 2.0, I'm all for it!
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Comparing the effort it takes to get the mythical 2.0 with the effort it took to get the beta familiar is like comparing the boston marathon to a charity 5k.
    That's not to say the charity 5k doesn't have merit or require effort, but it's not even close to the same league.

I'm sorry that you feel slighted that your beta reward was only 'best' for 3 months, but most of us who also have the beta familiar don't feel the same way.
    Alenna and Finora like this.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

Well, a lot of us are coming at this from a crafting perspective. It's exactly the same crafting stats, so it isn't any better than we already had. Yes it has better adventure stats, but doesn't make a whole lot of difference if you were in it for the crafting.

And jeez, getting the beta familiar didn't take much effort. You didn't even have to harvest to do your crafting! You could just buy stacks and stacks of harvests from the beta merchant. It was not some huge chore. The familiar was a nice bonus for leveling up and testing the recipes and making sure harvestables actually were working right.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

bad analogy Calamoor. Those who are getting the new familiar are working for it the tradeskill quest-line is no walk in the park. It is not a case of them not lifting a finger. And as others have stated it was not a huge chore on beta.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

Folks I think we've been trolled. so i'm not going to reply to anymore post by this person in fact may put them on ignore if they continue.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Well as it turned out we got to use the Beta familiar for quite a while before the new one was released. I don't care that the new one is slightly better, we can have both anyway.