Darreien's log cabin

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by pumancat, Sep 19, 2014.

1. pumancat Well-Known Member

My first real attempt at building an actual home. Located on AB server , FP portal. Darreien's Oakmyst Glade. It's not published due to a lot of mistakes. My comp is too old for decent graphics, and have flora settings off. Still a work in slow progress. Please enjoy, and feel for constructive criticism, or compliments.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. pumancat Well-Known Member

3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

This looks great! I would love pics of the inside, too!
  4. suka Well-Known Member

you did a great job on that. in a few months, come back and see if new ideas hit you. often once i finish a building, then i go do other stuff, new inspiration hits after a few months and i come add to it or even at times recreate it.
  5. BettyKroaker Well-Known Member

Looks great and it takes much patience doing a house in Oakmyst with the uneven ground too etc...Very pretty front entrance way with the hanging lanterns too that add to the log cabin feel :D Will be fun to see the inside ~ I do see curtains hanging they are so pretty ....(so, I know we'd all love to see inside pics as Avahlynn said above too, once you are done etc...) and I like how you used the different logs at the corners ~ I think the ones that you get from the grotto? hollow logs or something? great idea :D have fun with it ~ you've taken on a big project with the logs and Oakmyst for your first home for ,nice job :D
  6. Kat1 Active Member

Very Pretty would love to see pictures of the inside also :)
    Avahlynn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. pumancat Well-Known Member

Ok, kind of a tight fit inside, and not much decorations yet.

[IMG]
    [IMG] [IMG]
  8. pumancat Well-Known Member

Halasian tall columns for the logs and dividers, Wooden shingled tiles for the roof, Pale marble tiles the floor, can't remember the cross beams, Polished ice tiles for windows.
    I got the idea from the house in Windstalker Village. I've just always wanted a log cabin, and thanks to EQ2, I now have one.
    The Lady with Darr is his wife Synestra ( my main ). I've somewhat put some essentials around in the Glade, so if anyone wants to come see it live, it's open to the public, just not published.
    Thanks for the nice compliments.
    Kat1 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Kat1 Active Member

Very Nice ! if has such a warm cozy feeling inside and out You do great work :)
  10. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Very cozy
  11. Rakuno Active Member

That is a very cool log cabin. :)
  12. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I <3 log cabins. The front came out great with the covered entrance, variety of colored rose bushes, and dark trim for the window casing. The picture of the dark elves over the fireplace is also a nice touch to personalize the space for the home's owners, who I am guess is the couple in the first shot. Nice work :)
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I love how you did the logs as they went up to the roof line, and I really like the detail of having the chimney show on the outside wall of the house.

I'm doing an Oakmyst for hubby, he wants a pirate shanty town theme on the docks and of course his house by the waterfall. Still thinking of what I'll do with the rest of that massive place.