Cyan adorns

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Malleria, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

It'd be cool if non-raiders had something they could do with the lesser cyan adornments that drop in High Keep Contested. Just been throwing them up in auction so far.

I assume if they work out they'll be more wide-spread in the next expac, but really, if you're gonna have the lesser adorns dropping in a heroic zone you really ought to just put them in for heroic players now.
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I imagine it's something like the item that you use to add Cyan slots is player made and thus sellable. so you buy the item, then you can get the adornments from CHK
  3. Glassjaw Active Member

The item that adds a cyan slot to weapon dropped off the names in death toll raid. The greater cyan adorns have a chance of dropping off the names in the raid and can be crafted with a crap load of shards and a recipe in the zone. The lesser adorns drop in HKC. From what I have seen the item to add an adorn slot only drops in the raid zone from names.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

That would be fine, except it's not like that. The item that adds Cyan adorn slots only comes from the raid zone. But lesser Cyan adorns are dropping in heroics. Makes no sense. Should add a lesser Cyan adorn slot item to heroic content.
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

So it's an incentive for the raider types to run contested highkeep then. I see.
  6. GIndotto Well-Known Member

The breakout into this new raid zone has been slow at best on AB. Our first night in there we killed #1 and #2 and they both dropped the item necessary for a cyan slot addition to a ToV weapon, upon our second visit the first 3 nameds didn't even drop 1 between them. Not sure if we got lucky that first night or if they ninja nerfed the drop rate the next day (we had what, 3 patch days in a row?).

While for me as a raider the adornments are a cool new addition to my weapons, I agree as a heroic player there's zero option for this additional slot even though you have access to the lesser adorns. I wonder if SoE feels this is just another ploy to get raiders to go run HKC (which unfortunately isn't working on AB, thanks Malleria for running it still!) and hasn't yet seen that more non-raiders are running HKC than raiders, and so it feels a little backward so far.

Ideally they should have made the slot item to make the cyan slot on your weapon drop in HKC (and if they really want to be d**** make it from the weekly quest only as a small chance on completion), along with lesser adorns (allowing heroic players to obtain a new goal on their toons), and then raiders would have exclusive access to the greater versions from recipes \ drops as it stands now.
    Wirewhisker and Malleria like this.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Wtb a Cyan Slot add-on from HKC too. 3 Adorns so far, 0 slots to put them on.

Should either be a 100% drop from first named (Would still require like 24 full runs of zone to achieve it for everyone), or 25% off trash imo.
  8. Ogdinmar Active Member

I was thinking about this today and how it could be "fair". what if the cyan slot adder was available on the etyma merchant for a fair price of 1500 etyma. That seems solid imo. simply because it offers the slot but you still have to work for the adorns and work hard for the better adorns. That would put your total at 4500 etyma to cyan adorn your three slots. That seems fair since a sparkling is 2500 and the mount is 3k. it would give people a thing to work for outside of raid plus you could still leave it as a drop in the FDT so you have shot a "free" ones from raiding.

Im all for working for things but having the adorns in CHK and greaters in FDT already gate the power of the item imo so being able to buy the slot adder wouldn't really hurt things would it? (serious question. would like constructive feed back)
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

1500 would be way too much. The sparkling gem and the mount are essentially replacements for things you could otherwise get to drop. Cyan adorn slots simply cannot be gotten in heroic content, so the price would need to be representative of that.
  10. Ogdinmar Active Member

I hear what your saying however this is a fill in for what would otherwise drop. So being 1500 sounds really reasonable considering two things: 1 its not that hard to earn etyma especially with double for member (not even taking in account double double right now) I mean if you earn 500 a week that's only three weeks. 2 that's a decent price for choosing to not raid imo.
  11. Daalilama Well-Known Member

I have yet to see any lesser weapon adorns drop in HKC and I generally try and go in with a group nightly.....
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd like to know, at least in the lesser version, why the healer adorns have negatives and the others do not.
  13. Hammdaddy Active Member

I mean honestly, for the little bonus it gives i would never equip them outside of like on a templar/defiler
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

agreed
  15. Schnooky Member

Do the cyan adorns that drop in CHK have PvP restrictions?
    There are cyan slots on the BGS armor in Champions Respite so was really wondering about that.
    Any screenshots?
  16. Schnooky Member

Sorry cyan slots on the BGS weapons.....I meant.