Customer Service = Terrible

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Edward Longshank, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Edward Longshank Guest

[p]The petition system and gm's/cs reps are terrible. Half of them i cant communicate with. Its not one issue its come to the fact that every time you have an issue in the game its takes hours to get an answer and usually they dont know what your even talking about! Im disapointed with the lack of customer service for this game and it keeps getting worse. I've started to complain in customer feedback but i really dont think it ever even gets read! Please fix the way petitions are done!!! Please hire people that can communicate and help people ingame if needed!!![/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-DerDrache Guest

Heh im looking for a job, im fast, and good with people.. SOE wanna hire me? Im so bored fixing peoples computers at work, not challenging anymore. heh.
  3. ARCHIVED-lmhotep Guest

Must be you then cos the couple of times that i had to petition i got help pretty quick and things always got solved...
  4. ARCHIVED-Bibe Guest

yea, definitely poor customer support nowadays. I get the we cannot help you with this; working as intended; or my favourite: post on forums responses so much; that it's just not worth my time wondering if something would be fixed, or mended; or put right. I remember in the first few months of the game playing through the lvl 40 HQ in Everfrost for the eyepatch - We'd been camping chief for a LONG time, maybe 2-3 hours, and Seraph of Stags (the x2) popped almost at the same time as the chief, and then subsequently engaged; then killed hte chief. I petitioned this, and the GM contacted me, asked if we had a chance to pull the named before the x2 had spawned; and /winked at me - despawned the seraph.. next spawn around - chief pops. This sort of customer service you dont see anymore; which is a shame. I dont bother logging tickets because in my heart of hearts I know that someone who doesnt really care about the player at the other end is handling my request, and it really does show through. I remember having a doll lost in the mail, early on in tier 6 when dolls were quite expensive as all the mages finally could buy armour that was somewhat suited to them stat-wise. The customer service rep tells me that I received the mail, and I could do nothing. Why would I lie? and why would i spend pp on a doll that i didnt have on me (no dolls) just one instance of a few that makes me have no faith in the sony CSR team.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

The main thing people need to do is communicate your issue clearly. Sometimes the CS doesn't catch on at the first attempt. It may take a couple of iterations to clarify the problem and they may have gone off in the other direction trying to help. A lot of the CSR is outsourced and guides are volunteers but the GM are on the payroll and definately able to help if the problem qualifies. I don't have a problem getting resolution when I need help but communicating the issue and why I need help is sometimes a little more work than people are willing to give. Don't give up if they are real issues but be aware that they run into unentitled player requests alot. I have been amazed at some of the resolutions I've gotten because in those cases it was my error. I don't think CS is bad and getting worse though. A lot of it depend on who you are in front of.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

[p]Bibe wrote:[/p][p]I remember having a doll lost in the mail, early on in tier 6 when dolls were quite expensive as all the mages finally could buy armour that was somewhat suited to them stat-wise. The customer service rep tells me that I received the mail, and I could do nothing. Why would I lie? and why would i spend pp on a doll that i didnt have on me (no dolls) [/p][p]I have run into errors on their part but you really cant blame the CS vs the info they have in front of them. They have to go off that info. I'm sure they get frustrated with their jobs as much as the players do. It was only when I work CS that I learned TONS of patience working with them. Now, I think they have a better day after I call.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

[p]Forum = 'Gameplay Discussion'[/p][p] [/p][p]I'm gonna have to give this one a big IBTL, and +1 to my post count. Woot![/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Freliant Guest

[p]Well, you have to explain a little more clearly what you mean by terrible. My experiences with GMs have been deteriorating, but I wouldn't call it terrible just yet. It just seems that they are not as "powerfull" as they once were. While before you could petition a GM and get a response within 5 minutes that actually meant something, nowadays it seems that you have to wait too long for a GM and they can't do anything anyways. They have to get permision from higher ups to change anything.[/p][p] Get locked out of a raid dungeon cause you got kicked out by a bug, halfway through the raid GM comes and can't reset timer on member outside cause "we killed a named already".[/p][p]Event named epic doesn't drop a chest - GM says "Mobs are not guaranteed to drop loot"[/p][p]Raid killed named that allows passage to next section of dungeon but device doesn't activate - No GM response till 3 hours later after the Raid was disbanded.[/p][p] Of course, these are just some Raid petitions, I wont mention the personal individual petitions I have had, but it seems to me that GMs are a bit less responsive than before. Best fix: Have a Triage group of GMs. GMs whose only purpose is to arange petitions from the most urgent to the most trivial. Reading the petitions should not take long and any regular person will know what is an emergency and what isn't. [/p][p]On the plus side, I have had very positive response when it comes to plat seller advertisement and other. True, some are still around, but the response time on those is well under 5 minutes and I can see action being done, kudos to the CSRs. They need to work on the other things however.[/p][p] [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Echgar Guest

As stated in the Forum Rules of Conduct, you may not: [ul][li]Make posts seeking or giving feedback about Customer Service resolutions. All requests and feedback about Customer Service issues should be handled through petitions or emails using the Knowledge Base (www.station.sony.com/kb) and selecting Email Support.[/li][/ul]