Custom Music Options for Zones like Guild Halls that have no music

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Praetorian, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I know how to do the custom music thing for other zones and areas but some guild halls like say for example the tier 3 restored high keep guild hall have no steady background music.

I'd love to have a way to add custom music to some of these areas without having to play music from my pc :)
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Harborx Member

Anyone sick of the default guildhall music? Yessir.
    Jeeshman and Febrith like this.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

How do you do the custom music for other homes/zones?
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You can copy any .MP3 file into the music folder and rename it to match the zone name, and it will play that.

Or at least that is how it used to be :)

P.S - Don't put Benny Hill theme song as a raid zone music. It's amusing for the first 5 mins then you want to cry.
    Belenos, Moonpanther and Febrith like this.
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

The only problem I've found with replacing the music file (I can't bear the Freeport GH music) is that every time you patch, the game puts the original music right back in there - grrrr! I wish you could permachange it.
  6. Gavriel New Member

I ran into this problem initially, but I figured it out!

You need to create a new folder in your EQ2 directory called "custom_music". For this to work, you need to name your new .mp3s exactly as they are named in the regular "music folder", as well as follow the exact same file path. For example, if you want to change the log-in screen music, you need to create this file path:

"Everquest 2/custom_music/Zones/_exp11/00_mx_exp_11_som_game_intro.mp3

^((the intro music is updated every expansion, so it's found in the 11th expansion music folder))

The client will read the "custom_music" folder first and override and files found in the "music" folder, so you dont have to copy the entire music folder; just what you want changed. Best of all, it will not patch them out every time the client loads!
    santargria, Jeeshman, Nuhvohk and 2 others like this.
  7. Eles Well-Known Member

Why no use Spotify, Pandora or Youtube and listen your own custom music :p

Although Errrorr option is also a good choice. Honestly I don't listen the ingame music I prefer listen my own epic music like Thomas Bergersen, Ivan Torrent, Hanz Zimmer, etc.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I do also, but it would be nice and helpful to set a certain tone/mood for your prestige homes. :D
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

Gavriel you are a genius - thanks!