Fixed Internally Current Expansion SK Merc Daharth Bisidia with 268 mitigation

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lemon Wolf, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Lemon Wolf Member

Its more or less in the title.
    The SK Merc Daharth Bisidia from the current expansion is totally useless right now.
    With just 268 mitigation a few solo mobs just need to sneeze in his direction and hes gone.
    This must clearly be an unintended bug.

Edit: Avoidance is also very low with just 34,4%
    Miragian, EmJay, Xianthia and 3 others like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

how much mit and avoid do you have?
  3. Lemon Wolf Member

Is this a serious question?
    I am not a level 5 character using a merc from the current expansion.
    27778 Mitigation and 42,1% avoidance.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm not in-game to see what type of merc Daharth is, but I know he's not Celestial. You share 80% of your stats with a Celestial merc, and less as the quality decreases (I haven't experimented to see what the lower percentages are). That's at least a contributing factor.
  5. Lemon Wolf Member

Yes i know that. Its a fabled merc. But in all seriousness no person would think that 268 mitigation is not a bug right?
    This is clearly not working as intended.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just checked all my mercs. First I stripped any armor and accolades they might have had, then looked at their MIT. I did not change my own stats in any way during these comparisons.

CELESTIAL
    • Captain Kalael Kel'Avar (Rank 1) -- 5,219 MIT (Healer)
    • Micrus Deathband (BoL, Rank 20) -- 4,984 MIT (Support/SK)
    • Zel'Kriaz (BoL, Rank 20) -- 5,219 MIT (Healer)
    FABLED
    • Chumba Spiritcaller (Rank 1) -- 9,379 MIT (Healer)
    • Daharth Bisidia (Rank 1) -- 184 MIT (Tank)
    • Horthis, the Vengeful (BoL, Rank 20) -- 184 MIT (Tank) What do you want to bet that Daharth is a cut and paste of this guy?
    • Koffi Zawadi (Rank 13) -- 4,899 MIT (Ranger)
    • Nunian Wolfbane (Rank 1) -- 13,004 MIT (Tank)
    • Oor of Umbra (BoL, Rank 20) -- 5,519 MIT (Healer)
    • Rosa Dod (BoL, Rank 20) --7,680 MIT (Support/Bard)
    • Tarsil, the Pure (BoL, Rank 2) -- 5,219 MIT (Healer)
    • Vylorkin, the Vile (BoL, Rank 6) -- 5,219 MIT (Healer)
    LEGENDARY
    • Doomhilda Painface (Rank 1) -- 3,520 MIT (Tank)
    TREASURED
    • Firiona Vie, the Protector (CD?, Rank 6) -- 3,680 MIT (Tank)
    • Golden Inquisitor (PoP/Fabled Guk, Rank 20) -- 4,899 MIT (Healer)
    • Grolla Skullweilder (BoL, Rank 20) -- 3,520 MIT (Tank)
    Bludd, Daryx, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  7. Lemon Wolf Member

Thx for checking all these!
    Daharth Bisidia has the same stats when i take off all the gear and accolades, 184 Mitigation.
    Oh and it also happens to the 10 year anniversary merc, the Paladin Merc Lady Liae Croae.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

So in summary, Lemon was right and that stupidly low number is a stupidly low number just as we thought ...

Woof! :D
    Breanna and Lemon Wolf like this.
  9. Ecco-Säuferin Member

In the case of Werner Thunderleg (Monk Level120&rank7), it wasn't that low, but the mitigation value was 1823.
    Even with 5 pieces of armor around level 110, it's only about 900 more.
  10. Lemon Wolf Member

@Devs
    Look i am not trying to be a pain but seeing that this thread made it halfway through to page 3 without you guys even acknowledging the problem is disheartening.
    I know this is partially my fault for not looking at the stats before doing this but i paid 43€ of Daybreak cash to level this mercenary just to find out that its utterly useless.
    43€ down the drain, literally.
    You know what i did? I got me different merc and spent another 43€ of Dayreak cash to level him!
    Am i stupid for doing this? Probably. Am i a loyal customer? Most certainly. But my patience has limits.
    Its not like i am asking to you rewrite the entire game. Many of us use mercenaries and its not a big task to login, call upon the bugged mercenaries and confirm the bug. It takes what? 2 minutes? Unless of course there is a DX9 crash error in which case it might take 3 minutes.
  11. Xille Member

Can confirm this, and also point out a pair of older mercs who are also affected by this. From my level 120 channeler, no merc gear:

Lady Liae Croae - fabled - paladin - rank 20 - mit 184
    Lord Valkiss Ssi'sh - fabled - shadowknight - rank 1 - mit 184
  12. Lemon Wolf Member

Ok i have had it.
    If Daybreak is unable to verify this bug, which is basically just logging in an calling upon the bugged mercenaries in a timely manner i see no need to give them any more of my money, and i gave them plenty since 2005.
    I really dont understand this. This bug is something that affects a lot of people who own and leveled the affected mercenaries. Its not some obscure thing. But seeing that patch notes include the correction of typos in the game is just maddening at this point. The mere fact that none of the devs are even willing to confirm this bug is a shame.
    This is not meant as an insult its just an analogy but its almost like dealing with petulant children at this point. You know like when you tell them to clean their room or do some other chore and they start sulking.
    I simply see no reason to pay Daybreak any more money at this point,if customer concerns are treated in such a fashion.
  13. Lemon Wolf Member

Almost 3 weeks and still no bug confirmation.
    Hello? Whats up with that?
    Thx for confirming the bug.
  14. Mysaphar New Member

Its now a week into March and I am curious. Was this fixed? I see the confirmed tag so it appears as though at least its been acknowledged.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When these get fixed, we will see it in the update notes.

Not every bug is created equal: software companies triage bugs, paying the most immediate and urgent attention to bugs that break the game or cause data loss. There's no way for us to tell what urgency DBG places upon a given bug, so really all we can do it get people to upvote an issue and watch the update notes.
  16. Cylob Member

This is still bugged: took a lot of effort to get this merc, just to find out it's at 184 mit, just like the /claim pally.
    Bummer!

Edit: What's weird though is that if I hire Jennis Proudhill, he is showing a high mit [3500-ish at level 86], but it also says "Your mercenary will absorb 0.0% damage from a level 86 opponent".
    I'm totally lost now.
    Lemon Wolf and Breanna like this.
  17. Balthozzar New Member

I noticed this and was curious what the deal was myself. I did try using the veteran claim pally, Lady something, as a tank for my 95 warden. She seemed to tank fine in Tranquil Sea (Altar of Malice). Maybe this is a matter of how it displays rather than their actual mitigation?
  18. Miragian Well-Known Member

I can understand the now... 5 year old? Vet mercs being meh in RoS but, the current tier ones should be good.

Though the bug has moved to confirmed and it explains why he's only really useful on my channeler due to the interception thing.