Current content is too easy

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Logistic, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Logistic New Member

Hello all . I personally think that the current content is way too easy(both heroics and raid). Since Unrest and SoF are gonna come out soon, I hope they can be more challenge . I know these are just heroics instances , but there are some epics in it , they can he challenge if DBG wanna make it harder. Hopefully they won't be like the current content that I can easily tank those epicsx2 full health, with 1healer and all EoF legendary gears... I noticed that someone already mentioned it's too easy in another thread . I know some of you may disagree, but this is my opinio. I don't mind if they change the auto attack hit harder or add special skills to the names , just make it a bit challenge would be appreciated .
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

*insert elitist players are ridiculous for asking for a game to be hard comment*

But yes, content is too easy. I can't wait to wizard tank all of these instances.
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Its way too easy but thats how the majority of people want it on this server apparently. Everytime someone points it out they are "elitists jerks".

You cant have progression if guilds can one shot 9 out of 10 encounters. Lets hope they can at least make some raids harder in RoK.

Why not have an entry raid, then raids thats a bit harder and then have one raid that requires actual knowledge about the game for each expansion?...
    Skadad likes this.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

This TLE reminds me of an overpowered role play game.

The itemization is overpowering us for the content. Don't get me wrong as a player I like seeing better itemization than this content originally had, but this is resulting in simply overpowering the content.

I think the only raid encounter we're not overpowering is segmented rumbler, and it isn't that hard in iteself. Let me be clear, its the only encounter I can think of where we don't just run 2 sets of ae blockers in each group, ignore all scripting and just melt the content before blockers run out.

Running it the way we are is trivializing the raid content. As much as I hate advocating more HP on mobs, if the nameds (NOT THE DAMN ADS) had more base hp, the fights would last long enough that we couldn't simply bypass all scripts.

As far as heroic content, the problem with that is they'd first need to fix how broken overpowered channelers are. If not, the only way to make challenging heroic content is to design it such that a channeler+another healer is required to survive. If they do that, people will just complain more about channelers.

I regularly do all the current heroic content tanking on my warlock. I do this cause more dps makes it go faster, and because I have a channeler and 30% block chance cause they gave me a shield I can equip, I can even do the x2's in CMM with a no tank group.

I'm not sure what changes you could make to have some 'hard' content that would simply be too hard for most of the server, unless you want to first fix channelers and nerf some itemization.
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I came back to this game and joined this server just as EoF launched to lvl characters and decide on a main before RoK launches so that I could find a raid guild and do the content that I missed when I had to quit for years back when RoK was released. I don't really feel very happy about it anymore tho when I hear things like "channelers trivialize content" and "manaburn hits for 450k in raids" or "play a wizard or play something to buff a wizard". Gamebreaking stuff, completely Gamebreaking and are the devs even working on this? There's always something completely broken about this game.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Ignore what you hear, play the class you want, and see for yourself. For every person complaining in discord or the forums, there are 10 others happily playing the game and enjoying the server.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  7. Logistic New Member

To be honest , I feel bored with this easy content . I do think in this way, No challenge = No fun . I really come to the game for fun , not tedium... I do have some expectations for SoF and Unrest , and thats why I posted this thread . Thank you for all you guys replies.
  8. Okanagan Member

It's been asked to be made harder multiple times with nothing.

I will re-add that I would love if the devs would add 1-2 encounters per expac that are challenging. If the majority of the server wants it easy then great, make 95% of the raid content easy, but at least give us -something-

I really hope that come RoK, Trakannon and Tangrin are made difficult, they can leave the rest of VP easy if they wish.
    Adoninilol and Atan like this.
  9. Tominator Member

I think harder is relative. If you're hardcore & have BiS gear, yeah, content will be quite a bit easier. If you're a casual fighting in dropped/quest reward gear, content will be a bit more difficult. If you're dungeon crawling a T3 zone with a 70 SK tanking, it probably will be a cake walk.

I admit I don't play endgame much, I prefer to level alts. So I can't speak to difficulty of raids and the sort. But personally, I feel the difficulty of non-end game leveling content is pretty well balanced provided you're in a level appropriate group without mentors.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

It's not just gear, when you can bypass all the scripting of the encounters simply because of how little HP the named has and you have the right classes (druid + bard) for aoe blocking, it becomes trivial for anyone that can field the right classes.

I'm sure some of the content is 'challenging' for players that do not min/max their gear and/or they do not min/max their raid makeup, but honestly it should be harder.

To be clear though, the guild I'm in isn't min/maxing all that much and is mostly casual players. Most of them don't have deities and haven't bothered to adorn gear. But just having the right raid makeup alone has trivialized all the EoF content.
  11. Ratface Member

They could make it harder by nerfing out going dps, reducing hitpoints and healing.
  12. Tominator Member

Harder is relative = not just gear, but it is part of the overall equation.

Hardcore players with BiS gear, full adorns, best familiars, all grandmasters/masters, know every dungeon & mechanic

Casual players with so-so gear from questing/drops, no adorns, no familiar, journeyman or adepts if they can afford them, don't know mechanics & get lost in dungeons

Hardcore will say it's too easy, and casual will say it's too hard. The devs have to find a balance somewhere in the middle for these two types of players.

I've seen, but haven't used, drop-downs when entering some instances (i.e. solo, solo hardmode, group...etc). Maybe implement more of this to cater to the hardcore crowd or those who want more challenge.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  13. Fistpower Well-Known Member

There is only 1 hardcore guild on this server and thats Neustart. The other 4 guilds that have cleared this expansion plays 2 or 3 times a week of a combined weekly raid schedule of between 7-9 hours. If thats hardcore in 2018 I dont know what to say.

8 guilds in total will have cleared EoF with 1 more kill. Thats 8 out of 12 active raiding guilds on the server and we are not even halfway through EoF.
  14. Dimek Member

Content for the full time raiders is easy sure... for them. Some its a little more difficult. Our guild has cleared freethinkers now, Inner Sanctum, and last night the robot dinaosaur thingy, and we struggled with that one a bit. For some guilds that do not have expereienced raiders or people that know all the strats. I say it is fine the way it is, if the diffaculty is boosted to appease the "raiders" then other that are stuggling now will never finish.

Instead of complaining its to easy, how about doping the raids without tons of wizards or necros, or super duper dps and familiars and mounts and stuff. Change your raid makeup some and try again.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I would hardly call Neustart "hardcore" raiding three nights a week is pretty casual in the grand scheme of things compared to other era's of eq2 and other games.

The only thing they do is raid for obscene amount of hours to kill things a day or two earlier and brag.

If you look up momentum we have quite a few "casual members", we have people without adorns, without best in slot instance gear, experts, no deity, fabled/legendary familiars etc. etc. It really just comes down to our raid setup and a few key players/classes.
    See above, we cleared all of it with like one wizard, and one necro. The necro wasn't even the top parser, I have a level three familiar and have had a ethereal since t5 on various toons from the crates I bought on the broker.

As far as gear, I said this in the other thread, we cleared everything with 1-2 clears of each zone. We were by no means geared. We were running around in mostly KoS gear, with everyone having one maybe two pieces of the new gear.

We could clear all the content with six conjurors or we could easily replace our two mage groups with scout groups and clear it all.
    Shard of Hate should be hard, so should trak/tangrin.

You have a lot of raid content in RoK to begin with, i'd imagine leviathan and guilds with lower dps will have trouble clearing mobs like venril for at least a few weeks, i'd imagine most guild wont even clear VP until near the end of the expansion, making it irrelevant to them if trakanon/shard of hate/tangrin is difficult.

If you look at like mayong now, no one else other than two maybe three guilds is gonna kill it because we all camp it day/night. So what difference does it make if the contested is hard.
    Restrained likes this.
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

Obviously it is easy ... we have the focuses and the gear is way more powerfull and .... much more

Jist for the focuses : On druid 3 focus on heal adds 15% hps, on inqui it makes the haste hp buff group wide and so on ... Those were purple adornment effects.

I don't remember if the conversion of the two chanter type buf (haste and dps mod) was on the mythical (illu? yes) but there is too (i believe) a focus for that for the coercer.

My warden can tank ^^^ in handcrafted gear that destroyed her back 10 years ago and tanks don t even need heals unless they pull madly.

On stormhold we cleared a lot of content, go prima 1 (at 50) and 2 (at 60) while being far from organised as a real raiding guild, More or less what we did was similar to "pick up" with decent players and a leader who knew a bt the strats.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the current content, but I hope in RoK it isn't a big solo-fest like it was on live. Where xp in KC and Chardok were absolutely awful.
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I thought tle was supposed to be just the old version of the game. What was will be kind of thing. Live has more challenge
  19. Kalika Well-Known Member

Something broken as the TLE now never happened on Live, today we got a wizard one shooting a Boss. Lifeburn and manaburn probably are overpowered due the size on manapools and hppools. I remember very well that when we ran open protector raid we ask 6K for the squishies, my main has like 15k or more and i don't even run instances -- it's just not entertaining because it is totally trivial --. Only time i had real fun in a full group was when healing at 66 a 65 tank in castle mistmoore -- we were close to wipe quite a few times till we got to 67. Still terror is too much for me, i cannot solo heal that and even with raid gear i doubt i could -- too spiky --

The level 70 itemization is fine (overpowered but nicely done), but the cloudmount armor is simply ridiculous it miss ability mod. The 50-67 itemzation is quite broken, with many legendary worst than treasured items; currently new the tunaria set is probably the best for mages. The amount of %crit on adornment is quite ridiculous (0.2% really?) while you get 2% casting speed ones.

I also hate that questing is not a way to level at all, of course grouping should be faster but I sort of like getting the fae illusion, the cloud mount or Hooloh hat. Nobody currently want to run Hall of Fate since you would get there less XP than in a single Loping plain massive pull.

Mainly they managed to destoy the leveling content (due to xp rates and non existent xp from quests) and the also destroyed the end game by making it too easy.

The only positive aspect is that we can probably raid without the usual requirements .... for me that's a positive thing.
  20. Adjuvant1 Member

It's like people in their mid 20s going back to high school, winning at chess, wrestling and football, and then calling themselves hardcore.

Oh, and buying everything.

Seriously. Some of you need to get over yourselves.