Currency merchant

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Teld, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Teld Member

If I try and buy the tier 5 mission crate in fordel from the currency merchant it says I have not met the requirements.

If I buy one of the other items for 1 bazaar token it then upgrades that crate to a tier 7 and allows me to buy it.

I assume it wasnt intended for me to buy a 1 token item every time.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

You need some resolve for getting tier 7 chests
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

I could repoduce this behavior: On buying a second chest after 5 hours online

Porting with Dhalgars Last Call causes this problem. Seems the merchant Michaelya has not enough time for a correct state update. Moving a little bit away and 30 sec later the correct Tier 7 is shown
    Sigrdrifa and WhysperWynde like this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Could somebody please tell me what the entrance requirements are for getting to Fordel Midst that you must meet? I have Reign of Shadows: Fordel Midst Teleportal in my Crafting Isle of Refuge and when I try to use it to travel there it says "You do not meet the entrance requirements." So What are these requirements to enter Fordel Midst?
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Reign of Shadows and lv 120 should be enough for travelling via wizzard portal to Fordel Midst
    WhysperWynde and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Nekre Active Member

Its a bug atm, it will show T5 but when you reopen it will show T7.
  7. Zylara Well-Known Member

Whysper are you lvl 120 and did you do the prequel in Kylong?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The prequel is not needed. ANY wizard spire will get you to Fordel Midst if you are either level 120 or tradeskill level 120. Fast Travel will NOT.
    Kittybock likes this.
  9. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I see now that the problem was that I tried with my 110 level characters. I only have one 120 Character, Cedarlilly Wynde Assassin .. I will try her. Thanx guys!
    Kittybock and Breanna like this.
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Has anyone confirmed that this is a bug or is this the reason the merchant was down?
    Is it intended that we can purchase tier 7 chests?

I'd been told it was a bug by guildies, but then the merchant was offline for a while, hence my concern.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think I had to be wearing a piece of heroic gear before she'd show me T7 stuff, TBH. I still have to stand practically on top of her before she shows me T7, if I hail her at any distance she only displays T5.
  12. Dronk New Member

After the 1/5 patch, if you see the T5 item and can't buy it, buy a single of the temp items (Embrace of Frost, etc), and that will reset the merchant's display and offer you the T7 item, assuming you are not under its lockout.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

or just close the merchant window and scoot closer. Every time you reopen the window, it resets it.
  14. Noxnoctis New Member

What are the defined requirements to buy tier 7 chest? Heroic Gear equipped from heroic mission? Complete a heroic?
  15. Kittybock Well-Known Member

/nods That was why I was wondering about it.
  16. Trilly Active Member

Sooooo is it a certain amount of resolve required?? Not everyone raids or does heroics...but we work just as hard doing solos and trades and earning resolve items...Does that mean we are not entitled to T7 chests?? If we do not do Heroic content? I do PQs..but get the usual coins and same ol' weapons...get credit for doing them...are we not able to get T7 chests to up our game? There just doesnt seem to be any Dev response to this....We are all guessing and have been since Beta...
  17. Nekre Active Member

I hope you realize that makes zero sense. You want to get a T7 loot chest... that is heroic gear. But you do not want to do heroic content. You see the issue right?
  18. Trilly Active Member

oh my gosh! I kinda thought the "elite" attitude of "you can't have anything as good as me cause you don't play the same way I do" was gone. I have played here since 1 month from day 1! I have seen this attitude come and go. Because I prefer to solo, and might try to peek my head in a Heroic instance, but don't really raid...but put in as many, if not more hours here...even tradeskilling high level items for people...I should not be "allowed" to own and earn the same as YOU?? Do you hear yourself? This almost killed a lot of the game when Thalumbra came out...then it opened up again...all I can say is your attitude towards others and their worth...has a smell. I was asking for information..If you have no information regarding what I asked..please preach to someone else. Thank you very much
  19. Nekre Active Member

Are you really mad that you can't get heroic gear without doing heroics? That's not an elitist attitude. That's just common sense. Because not giving you free heroic gear in the trade skill dailies isn't enough now you want free heroic gear, from stuff you dont even do?
  20. Bentenn Well-Known Member

The resolve requirement for T7 is set at 4700 to get the gear. If you don’t have it you get T5. With the solo gear drops and PQ, you can reach this requirement. You can do POI quests and dropped quests, all not heroic stuff and still reach 4700. It’s not unrealistic. So it’s not that you’re not entitled to it, it’s the mere fact you haven’t done what you can do solo wise to reach it.
    Nekre likes this.