curiosity of tanks

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by revengetoall, Jun 26, 2014.

1. revengetoall Member

hi, all been on break along time so im curious which 2 for tanking be best bet for someone to get back into the swing of things and eventually do endgame content ifone wanted to.. since returning from break would it also be best to start fresh or push on with an older lowbie since all my highers got deleted and not sure why
  2. Corydonn Well-Known Member

As a Shadowknight you can do pretty much everything better than the rest of the tanks in end game content by mashing the DPS buttons and get healed/debuff/survive/cure/be immune to things.

I'd recommend that.
  3. revengetoall Member

thanks for the input and I will be reading and researching into all advice put here
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Firstly, contact customer support and see if they can identify why your higher level characters got deleted. You may have been hacked and may be able to get them back.

Secondly, all tanks are different and bring different things. I have three at 95, a beserker, shadowknight and monk (that was a bruiser).

I actually feel the SK is the weakest of mine, but he's also the newest so I haven't played him as much to learn the class.

If I was to describe each fighter in a few words it would be this:

Beserker - area effect god with high absorption of damage (high mitigation and heals when hit)
    Sk - slightly harder to play area effect god with life taps to heal. Mitigation not as high as zerker.
    Monk - lots of damage preventions and high single target hits
    Bruiser - less damage preventions but a bit more area effect abilities
    Paladin - easy aggro, self healing guy, single target focused
    Guardian - hard to kill, lots of damage prevention, lowest damage dealing, single target focused
  5. revengetoall Member

6. revengetoall Member

still viable to endgame content with single target tanks just tab taunt and attack aggressively or is it best to be one of the aoe tanks?
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

All tanks are viable. There's a stat called AE autoattack that helps a ton if you don't have many AE abilities.

A zerk gets capped AE auto from their class mythical buff, and they have quite a few AE abilities also, so thats why I think they're the best.

SKs have just as many AE abilities, maybe more, but don't get 100% AE auto from a buff like zerks, so they have to spec into it.

Same with other classes. If you spec to get 100% AE auto you'll have no issue. If you don't, you'll have to rely on your abilities, and SKs, zerks and bruisers have more AE ones than guards, monks and paladins.
  8. revengetoall Member

thanks for the further explanation
  9. Roehl New Member

Been away for 2 plus years now, they finally get all the tanks balanced better than what they were? I used to play a Zerk until I retired. Often think of coming back.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

Nothing is ever 100% balanced in this game. Zerkers are very strong right now. Probably the strongest overall tank at the moment. I know I find it much easier to tank Dominion (the hardest heroic zone of this expansion) on my zerker than on my paladin and I haven't even tried it on my SK. (Mostly because I don't have enough runes to spread between the three and someone had to be sacrificed. I have been thinking of swapping some gear over to the SK recently and I'm sure Dom would be doable with him just not as easy as the zerk.)
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

Zerkers are crazy atm. I often forget to use my Zerker's temps in Dominion, it's only 20 or 30sec later I notice I have nothing running and laugh that it didn't matter. My bruiser wouldn't last 2sec without a temp running.

"Balance"