Cure Macros

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Menelag, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Menelag New Member

I'm sure this was covered somewhere in the million posts on the old forums, but for the life of me I can't find any current information: I recently came back to the game after quite a long time away, and am getting close to 95 on my Fury. I use the default UI, and have no desire to change that, but back in the day I would use macros to do all of my single target curing, for example:
    /cancel_spellcast
    /target_group_member g2
    (Insert Cure spell here)
    /target_previous

Now, it seems, this macro no longer works, or they changed the command strings. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or if they removed the ability to make this kind of macro? Manually targeting and curing eats up a lot of precious time, and reduces my efficiency overall. Any advice is appreciated!
  2. Erszebeth Active Member

they added click to cure to the default UI, also I would look into getting a click2cast group/raid window to help with spot heals and temp buffs and such, as it makes life alot easier.
  3. Menelag New Member

Sigh, I was afraid of that . I like to keep my cure macros in very close proximity to my other hotbars, so I can click them very quickly without having to move my mouse too far across the screen. I press numbers and alt+number with my left hand for all or most of my damage spells and frequenly used temps and such, and do all of my healing and curing with mouse clicks, and really do not want to change my play style if I don't absolutely have to. There is no way to make that type of macro work anymore?
  4. TarsFromMars New Member

hmm I think most of the old ones are no longer working due to the lag caused by super macro strings, there has to be a macro to work because they use them in the custom UIs, should be able to use the in game macro setting and make it auto stop casting and cast cure without changing to a custom UI
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

/cancel_spell cast works.. I use it all the time on my group cures
  6. Ynnek Well-Known Member

You should be able to string together something like the following:

/cancel_spellcast
    /useabilityonplayer G2 Ro's Blade

Should do what you want.

There's also the new /cureplayer command you may not be aware of, which is the underpinnings for the click-to-cure UI, you might want to play with.

/cancel_spellcast
    /cureplayer G2

(Syntax: /cureplayer [Player Name|Group Slot Number] [arcane|noxious|trauma|elemental|curse] [spell|[potion] )
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

A down and dirty way to do it is have a /target <player> macro then click them, then click your cure hotkey. It's not as elegant as a macro, or a custom UI, but it'll get the job done. You can also use F keys with your left hand and mouse cures with your cure hotkey.

I'd really suggest you take a look at a custom UI that does curing, It keeps the cure inline with the player needing it, and you don't have to leave your main target ever. You can customize your group window so that it's over your hotkeys if that's how you heal best. You can even customize a raid window so that it's that way. I tried that once, but couldn't see where I was going, so I like the group and raid windows middle-top left on my window.

Two good ones to look at are Drums UI or Profit. You can see them both at www.eq2interface.com