Crypt of Agony pulling

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Soara2, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Soara2 Well-Known Member

KK, so everyone knows how to pull the majority (not all the named) of the mobs to the zone, I am pretty sure. Here is my way for pulling and killing all the named mobs when you are not in raid gear. This way has served me well for nothing going back to the entrance to kill the people there. Even if they are buffed up, doesn't seem to matter.
    Pull left side, including the frog named and librarian and keep staying left till I get to little rooms in middle, walk in doorway of each of the two little rooms as to get the friends inside the door but not agro named, walk back out of room, next room, around left to throne room, grab each of the 3 regular mobs in front of named, do not agro named or skellies next to him, kill the mobs I have, then target one skelly, not the named, and single shot him, target next skelly, single shot him, then kill named in throne room, go back out and pull other side and go in that room on left between throne room and the little 4 rooms, grab everything, including named and then head to 4 rooms, walk in doorway of those 2 and grab mobs till almost back to zone, kill those mobs, then go back and grab all the named in the 4 little rooms, kill. done. Takes less then 2 min, apparently too slow for some people, but I was accused of being too slow when I was just waiting for someone to reque and the zone had already been killed for like 10 minutes. Anyway, this is only if people want the named and you feel like doing it. Basically, the named in the 4 little rooms and one in throne room will send his friends to zone if you agro before killing his friends. The other 3 can be pulled without this issue.

After putting my entire group on ignore yesterday, I decided I have better things to do then give people free PL while I get slow ascension exp. Mine were all dressed to do heroics, not run agnostics only, so, complaints were unreal, I started this game when there were no agnostics or mercenaries. I leveled my main, who got the complaints yesterday by soloing outside mostly. So for me, an under 2 minute run is fast. Heck I pl'd enough of my alts to 100 as well as other people that I really don't see why all of the people getting free PL want to complain. The worst thing is that I would have stayed, gotten them to 100 and then even would have offered them gear. But, ah well, they lost out anyway. They don't know me, and now they never will. At least I have never gotten a complaint from a group that was my level = ).
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

I'm only ever in there for xp, so my method is run left to the end and back through the right, pull all the trash and kill it at the entrance. I don't pull the bosses because that slows it down immensely. If people complain that I don't kill bosses, I leave and private queue my alt :p
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I generally do the same if the group wants experience only, but the group I was in the leader of it asked for us to kill named, then after the SK pulled the trash and killed it, she left, he still didn't queue, so I went to kill named waiting for him to reque. Then he initiated vote kick against me because and I quote " You stole her spot and You are too slow." - Dude was Bonesparrow, a lvl 21 sk btw. Adding his now to all of my ignore lists
    Crastinal likes this.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

While I think there will always be ungrateful/rude people in every MMO - during the last dbl xp weekend, I ran this dozens of times for various players - most I didn't know but got to know a few by the end of the weekend

I can say that not a one of them complained at how slow I went - however I did more often than not get the nameds - I figured the nameds are good for AA for those that needed it since there were quite a few 90+ players soaking up xp.

I can certainly understand how one would feel being taken for granted by ungrateful sots soaking up not only xp but also the time a puller invests to help them out.
    Soara2 and Crastinal like this.