Crusader Tree: Being looked at to increase choice.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Estred, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

If any Crusaders have read the Warrior AA tree thread they know I am a vocal person to making all five lines of that tree viable options for Warriors. I aim here to do the same for Crusaders. I wish to see all tanks looks at and given more freedom to spec what they want instead of the "proscribed" best for Raids or Groups as I see many classes do now. Black is a skill, Blue is my justification for said change described in Black. All changes unless stated "per rank" are written at Rank 10.

I do not Main a Raid-Crusader I play one as a lvl 95 alt built for Group and Solo. If you are a Raid Crusader and wish to aid me in this project please PM me and we can further discuss reasons for possible changes.

Strength Line: One of the major choices for Crusaders.
    To Save space I will state that upon examination I can find nothing wrong with this tree other then I would make the SF-Endline Avenging Hatred be split 40-% to Recovery and 15% to Cast Speed.
    Avenging Hatred is meant to further augment Avenging Invigoration hence the reduction and split to keep Crusaders casting their skills quickly.

Agility Line: Partially used by Most Crusaders to my knowledge.

Joust: No Change needed

Trample: No Change needed.

Higher Ground: With Concentration so high this only affects high add fights. The trigger chance is also very low even at max ranks. Higher Ground should provide a 2% chance per rank making it more reliable instead of 2.3 defense it should provide .5% Dodge chance. Like my suggestion in the Warrior tree the Defense skill is very weak currently and 5% dodge chance would have much higher noticeable use on high-add fights as well as being unable to be interrupted.

Lance(PvE): Inflicts 10894-15982 damage on targets in a 60 degree cone in front of the Crusader and inflicts 3584-7802 damage every 4 seconds. Increases the Crusaders threat by 5679-12384.
    Lance(PvP) Applies Snare. Lasts for 24 seconds. Slows target by 43.6%. 5% Dispell chance when target takes damage or receives a hostile action. Inflicts 4894-8982 damage on targets in a 45 degree cone in front of the Crusader and inflicts 1284-1802 damage every 4 seconds.
    Two varieties of this endline. Lance is not a reliable form of damage for PvE so to make it more desirable I suggest increasing the damage almost double and keeping it at power for PvP. Combined with Holy Ground/Grave Sacrement this ability will serve as a form of threat snap.

Cavalier's Shout: No Change needed.

Stamina Line: Possibly the most Defensive line the Crusader has.

Hammer Ground: Applies Knockdown lasts for 2.2 seconds.
    - Throws targets back
    - Stuns targets
    - Blurrs vision of targets
    Does not affect Epic targets.
    Inflicts 1765-3584 melee damage on targets in Area of Effect.
    This is a starter AA so it can't have much power but currently it feels weak by comparison I increased the maximum damage limit at rank 10 but barely touched the lower end. Just gives the spell a feel of a bit more umph.

Fervor of Faith: No Change Needed.

Sentry's Bulwark: No change needed adds 5% hp at rank 10.

Divine Aura: No Change needed. Serves as a damage immunity for multiple-damage sources.

Sentry's Aura:
    - Improves the duration of Divine Aura by .75 seconds.
    - Improves the % Threshold by 1.25% per rank.
    Adds a bit of power behind using this ability beyond simply making it last longer at rank 10 all damage below 60% of the crusaders hp will be avoided.

Wisdom Line:
    Combat Leadership: On any combat or spell hit will cast Fierce Combat on target of attack.
    - Inflicts 1470-2450 slashing damage on target.
    - lasts for 10 seconds.
    This now is a timed damage effect triggering on each hit. This functions as a damage-buff for the Crusaders group.

Battle Leadership: Increases Offensive skills by 5.5 per rank. Adds .5% Critical Bonus and Potency per rank.
    As a group buff this now not only increases accuracy but adds a small amount of damage behind it helping to make this a "group buff"

Aura of Leadership: Wards group members (AE) by 26430 points of all damage.
    Hidden it regenerates 5-10% of the ward a tick. In most group-situations this ability is being drained within 3-5 seconds of combat and not regenerating fast enough to be noticeable. Increasing it's initial amount and Regen rate provides more consistent absorption but not so much once combat starts.

Fearless moral: No change needed.

Knights Leadership: Just increase to 1% per rank. Just to add a small amount to make it on par with the other SF augmentations.

Intelligence Line: No change needed.

Crusaders Faith: No change needed.

To be truthful I found very little "wrong" or "useless" on the Crusader tree. Each line has a purpose just not all of it is geared towards raiding which is good. Most changes above are just to make some lines a bit more desirable to go down the whole line instead of only part of it. I also wished to make the Wisdom line much more of a group-line than it is currently.
  2. Vonbek New Member

Wisdom line is junk...agility line after a little trample is junk!
    How about another snap or block! I get that then I become easy mode tank!
    Only two tanks/paladin playiong worth talking to is Boli and Maergoth...Sk Darkonx or Drumstixx! these people play at a higher level that 99.99% of pop!
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

My point... Wisdom and AGI past Trample are Junk that is the goal of this post... to fix that. Though thanks I will message Boli and Maergoth.
  4. Maergoth Well-Known Member

First, I'd like to say that this AA tree has to have merits at all play levels. It's not like prestige points that can only be obtained at max level, or heroic tree that requires a large amount of AAs to obtain. It's the basic tree, and as such should have something for all levels.

In addition, the Sentinel's Fate attributes at the bottom should either ALL be independent of the lines they are in, or ALL modify the endline of the tree. Stuff like doublecast from the int endline versus divine aura duration.. it's just inconsistent. It makes no sense that some trees are only good if you take the sentinel's fate part (wisdom), and some trees aren't even affected by it.

Estred:

To Save space I will state that upon examination I can find nothing wrong with this tree other then I would make the SF-Endline Avenging Hatred be split 40-% to Recovery and 15% to Cast Speed.
    Avenging Hatred is meant to further augment Avenging Invigoration hence the reduction and split to keep Crusaders casting their skills quickly.

I feel like this tree is one of our best ones. The reuse, cast speed and recovery speed are still desirable stats at high levels, even if cast speed is easy to cap. Recovery speed is a strange stat however, and it's difficult to notice the impact. I'd prefer something else.

Joust: No Change needed (Disagree. It needs twice as much range. I used to love this when I had miragul charm)
    Trample: No Change needed.

Higher Ground: With Concentration so high this only affects high add fights. The trigger chance is also very low even at max ranks. Higher Ground should provide a 2% chance per rank making it more reliable instead of 2.3 defense it should provide .5% Dodge chance.

The idea behind it is cool.. sort of. It should proc Frictionless Casting (Cast while moving). I haven't used it in forever, but I don't think it works like that. Beyond that, specific suggestions are kind of pointless. It's an AOE/DPS line. Dodge chance would be weird.

Lance(PvE): Inflicts 10894-15982 damage on targets in a 60 degree cone in front of the Crusader and inflicts 3584-7802 damage every 4 seconds. Increases the Crusaders threat by 5679-12384.
    Lance(PvP) Applies Snare. Lasts for 24 seconds. Slows target by 43.6%. 5% Dispell chance when target takes damage or receives a hostile action. Inflicts 4894-8982 damage on targets in a 45 degree cone in front of the Crusader and inflicts 1284-1802 damage every 4 seconds.

Lance is amazing, and I want it. It's just not powerful enough to be an endline.. not compared to the other endlines.

Cavalier's Shout: No Change needed. (Disagree. Needs a positional increase on it similar to Virulent Ire. It wouldn't be OP because no real control over it, but we SEVERELY lack snap capabilities of any kind.)

- Throws targets back
    - Stuns targets
    It is weak, but it has application outside of raids. In raids, it's a proc tool (click it on adds while VC or toxicity, etc). That's fine. I wish the stun aspect had SOME kind of raid application, but that's about my only issue.

Fervor of Faith: No Change Needed. (Disagree. Crit Chance is a gating mechanism now. There is zero benefit to have more crit chance than your raid or group. And having extra crit chance might put you in a zone you're otherwise not geared for. It's just a bad idea, like the warden crit mit buff.)

Divine Aura: No Change needed. Serves as a damage immunity for multiple-damage sources.

Sentry's Aura:
    I agree that it should add threshold as well. Duration is nice, but yeah.

Wisdom Line:
    Combat Leadership: On any combat or spell hit will cast Fierce Combat on target of attack.
    - Inflicts 1470-2450 slashing damage on target.
    - lasts for 10 seconds.
    I agree. This should not have triggers. There's no reason to even have it on hotbars currently.

Battle Leadership: Increases Offensive skills by 5.5 per rank. Adds .5% Critical Bonus and Potency per rank.
    As a group buff this now not only increases accuracy but adds a small amount of damage behind it helping to make this a "group buff"
    I don't think it should add crit bonus or potency. More like Accuracy and Strikethrough. They're equally useful throughout all levels, and weapon skills are already easy to cap.

Aura of Leadership: Wards group members (AE) by 26430 points of all damage.
    Hidden it regenerates 5-10% of the ward a tick. In most group-situations this ability is being drained within 3-5 seconds of combat and not regenerating fast enough to be noticeable. Increasing it's initial amount and Regen rate provides more consistent absorption but not so much once combat starts.
    Would be cool if it added a regenerating ward to intercept or something.. but right now, there's no way to make it useful without making it overpowered in at least one level of play. Maybe if it absorbed all hits below 1% of max health it wouldn't get drained by every power consumption damage hit in raids..

Fearless moral: No change needed. I think the potency needs to be higher on this and less on Knight's Leadership.. that way Knight's Leadership isn't REQUIRED if you're taking the wis line.

Knights Leadership: Just increase to 1% per rank. Just to add a small amount to make it on par with the other SF augmentations.

Intelligence Line: No change needed.
    Modifiable reflecttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

To be truthful I found very little "wrong" or "useless" on the Crusader tree. Each line has a purpose just not all of it is geared towards raiding which is good. Most changes above are just to make some lines a bit more desirable to go down the whole line instead of only part of it. I also wished to make the Wisdom line much more of a group-line than it is currently.

Unfortunately, Xelgad has a ton of stuff on his plate. If we see these lines rebalanced in any way, it will probably be done by adding to them, rather than changing what's been in place for so long. He does good work though, and listens to suggestions generally speaking. Just try not to muddy the water with outrageous requests and we'll be fine for a few more expansions at least :)

(Broke the quote because red hurts my eyes in it)
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response there Maergoth. As I stated I don't main a Crusader it is my solo-alt. It is nice to see some additional input. If CC was changed here though because it acts as a gating mechanic now (which it does) That means it also would have to apply on the Other Two tank classes.

I can agree with nixing CB/Potency for Accuracy/Strikethrough on Battle Leadership. Aswell as you though on Knights Leadership versus Fearless Moral though the SF lines in the Crusader tree all seem to augment their respective Endlines.

To speak of the STR SF-Endline that gave Recovery Speed perhaps this is where a minor amount of Double-Cast should come from say 4% at max ranks?

Joust: Hm, I like the idea of a range-increase as it is a 10 rank skill what if each rank added 1 meter to the ability?

Higher Ground: I like your suggestion much more cast-on the move for a short duration would greatly benefit Crusaders and help them on mobile encounters.

Cavaliers Shout: I would be against a positional on it, too difficult to control if anything just up the amount of Threat to a noticeable amount. I would only argue to make it positional if it was a triggered ability that did a set of positional much like Rescue; 1 positional per rank. (10 positional at max)

Hammer Ground cant effect raid-bosses as CC never really has. The stun would be .1-.2 seconds long and not break AE's. I understand it's weakish but in comparison to the other skills Crusaders have it is a negligible weakness.

As per Aura of Leaderhip that is the issue I ran into... too high of a ward amount is OP at lower levels, perhaps indeed a very low % damage invulnerability say maximum of anything under 3% of life is ignored and I would suggest the Ward Amount be modified by Potency with a base of 3561 making at level 9's roughly a 10K ward but at lower levels not so much. Critical Bonus wouldn't factor here.

Sentry Aura: I actually mixed with the idea of increasing the Threshold but 58-60% damage ignore makes it arguably a "damage immune" to all but AE's as most Raid-tanks can now get 90-130K hp so a 40K auto-attack is ignored by this. Perhaps though it is a form of Immunity like Dragoon's Reflexes are for a Warrior. I can see reason with the idea of a +Threshold.

How would you modify Legionnaires Conviction to avoid the issue of overly massive DPS. Such as the case of SwitchMaster in TSO where a paladin could reflect the death-script and 1shot the boss?

once these are finished in terms of balance according to players perhaps forwarding the three threads to Xelgad (if he is the Dev in charge) would be a good idea. As is I wouldn't want to throw this at him during the current COE-Mass Fixathon.
  6. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Cavalier's Shout can be toggled off, so it would be easy to control. Much easier than swapping in a bow with Virulent Ire like I already have to do.

I didn't mean Hammer ground needs to stun raid bosses, but it should do SOMETHING besides the small damage.

Divine Aura already does block everything except AOEs. The threshold would be for people with lesser gear.

Legionnaire's Conviction was the only major reflect in-game back then. Now, there are many reflects, usually smaller ones here and there. Mobs should be designed with that in mind. And they have been. There are no longer 5 million damage failure effects. They are 200k focus damage ticks over time. If you can survive the hits with reflect running, I see no problem with every couple fights being an opportunity for big damage output. Especially with a 2 minute recast.

I feel the same way about Faith though, and if it wasn't balanced around not critting, it would need to do so as well.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Alright, now that I re-read Divine Aura you are correct and I concur that adding Threshold + to the SF-End-line would make it more useful over Recover/Doublecast.

Hammer Ground really as how it is dealing damage (shaking the ground) Can't do anything vs a raid boss except its minor damage. As said by you its to trigger procs and such.

Shout again if it was as you suggest makes it no different than Reinforcement found within my class; which until you give me Divine Aura or Legionnaires I will be against that change. No AA should mimic another class ability, especially not one on a shared tree.

Sadly unless someone else chimes in some feedback I think you and I have reached a reasonable level of meeting ground. Though it's late and I am too tired to re-sum it up in a massive post.
  8. darkmail New Member

will if it was me i wood put a soul clam on Cavailer shot on and remove soul claim and make it a death prok
  9. Maergoth Well-Known Member

First of all, Cavalier's Shout is a PROC. Not a maintained. It doesn't even proc often. It would be the equivalent of a built in virulent ire, absolutely nothing like reinforcement.

Darkmail, that's never going to happen nor should it. Totally random suggestion breh.
  10. Boli Active Member

To be brutally honest there are only really a few issues with the crusader tree (going from left --> right)

1. Concenter (first ability)

Gain +focus when under 50% health; since some classes gain a really good AA and others gain nothing this is just a useless AA which unlocks better ones; e.g. *shrugs* honestly don't care.

2. Joust

This ability was great when it was first introduced; but since then larger and larger mobs were introduced with bigger and bigger hit boxes and needs to joust out further and further away its already limited use is reduced much further. In fact on some mobs using it can actually teleport you AWAY from the mob to the edge of its hitbox. It hasn't happened to me since DoV was released but even the mere memory of that means I am less likely to use the ability.

The range of this ability needs to be increased; 50m teleport may be too far but the range definatly needs to be increased to match the increased size of mobs; and to help with the lack of snaps for BOTH crusaders (allowing us to chase after mobs easier).

3. Higher ground

On the surface looks really handy; but it is a lot less so now given the major abilities which were interrupted (our heals) are now uninteruptable. I think the *only* thing I am interrupted on these days is my Rez and if I'm bored soloing; my mythical pet.

The next issue with this is how this interrupt immunity occurs; it only procs off a MELEE (autoattack and our few melee CAs) so its already small proc rate is reduced further (a lot of our abilities are spells), likewise since we have to be actively in melee combat to gain the short duration interrupt immunity when we are trying to cast; standing there trying to rez and being interrupted we cannot proc it. In short when we actively NEED the interrupt immunity, it is much less likely to proc.

The dodge% will just be too powerful and mess up major issue#1 even more. +defence is a nice "boost" but nothing special. If I were to change anythign about this I would simply change the proc to occur if the crusader is hit. e.g. you are more likely to become interrupt immune when you are being HIT.

4. Cavalier's Shout

The actual taunt is pretty lack-luster. It can proc like crazy on encounters leading to stupidly large threat gains but both crusader's are pretty decent at holding AE/AoE agro anyways so it is just a "useless proc" and since we have no real control over it. *shrugs* most crusader's who spec it and forget to cast it will rarely notice the difference.

If SoE refuse to give (Paladin's specifically) more snaps then we are going to be continuing to use ire proc bows. Having 1 point in Cavalier's Shout to give the same (EXACTLY THE SAME!) proc as ire is not overpowered... it is merely offering an AA alternative to what most crusader's already have.. or at least aspire to.

I say 1 point should give "ire proc" and multiple points should proc a small amount of power to the crusader - so multiple ranks are worth it but not overly overpowered. This will also make the ability useful in single tank/group/solo instances.

5. Combat Leadership

It is really *really* bad and never worth casting unless you have it macro-ed to your incoming macro. Suggestion: make it a group proc

6. Legionnaire's Mercy

The last line is pretty lack-luster and only really taken if you require the final ability (Legionnaire's Conviction); LM is the weakest of all the abilities and should be buffed up *slightly*... nothing massive just perhaps 10 points gives 5% Magical DR instead of the tiny TINY resists it offers.

Major Issue #1:

The biggest issue by far is that we can never take all we want/need; other classes all have an optimum build but we end up in situations where we really need thee different AA mirrors just to deal with the abilities on this tree.

- need fear immunity that's 24/32 AAs in Wisdom-Line (for some fights)
    - need an extra "death save" you need LC in intelligence line. (tanking harder mobs)
    - Stamina line is by far the most "solid" of the lines offering solid defensive gains as well as our crit chance.
    - Strength Line gives too many bonuses and whilst there are ways to spec out of it and reforge *most* of it back it is a really big reforging investment and far from allowing more flexibility often restricts your reforging/adorning choices.
    - Agility Line is perfect for groups, solo or more often dealing with swarm adds in raids; a line we often have to drop for the others

So we kind of end up in the situation where there is no optimal build... instead pretty much every fight you are needing a different crusader spec, intelligence line especially is pretty much useless out of a few named fights for the final ability meaning a lot of AA are "wasted" running to him killing the trash.

This is an issue that cannot be solved until/if the we are allowed more/unlimited AA in this tree. Other tanks hate us for having a powerful crusader tree but in reality we are dictated to which abilities we have to take dependent on the fight and even then we are always a few AA short to feel truly happy with the final spec.

The only thing we can really do is try to have the few "niggling issues" tweaked so when we are in a less than optimal spec for certain fights we do not feel we have lost anything.

Have a play with a spec: http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/

and I will tell you that the zone you are going into you will have to deal with:

- magical death touches
    - The mob/adds/trash regularly cast an incurable fear
    - multiple swarm adds you need to lock down
    - adds which pop hit have pretty hard melee attacks and tend to surround you and/or disarm you.
    - There are some named which massively debuff your crit chance meaning just from gear alone you will be short.
    - At the same time you need to maximize your gear/AA choices for DPS/Hate as the adds memwipe and often it is the only way to get them back.

Funny; isn't that Plane of War? Now try and build a crusader spec which covers all the bases; because that is what we have to every raid - you are going to be loosing something.

Annoyance #1:

Wisdom Line gives 3 extra buffs; this inflated our already overpopulated maintained spells spell effects window; if combat leadership was changed to a group proc as well it'll just give crusader's another buff.

Rather than having multiple buffs the AA should just enhance (green text) the crusader's group buff instead with additional effects; this is by no means a game breaker but it is just an annoyance of mine; likewise raid armament should just enhance our (already present) raid buff

Other notes:

Personally I like the casting buffs on strength line, recovery speed is really handy to increase here as for some reason it is as hard to increase as ability reuse even though it is slightly less effect than casting speed.

Double cast is fun although I'll prefer it if it was raised to 10% base; especially given only like 60% of our abilities are spells. 4% is perfect to give to a mage... but it should be 10% if given to a bard/crusader; as we both have a selection of combat arts as well to balance it "downwards".

The group ward is fine the way it is; tiny in a raid... overpowered in a group 99% of the time if I need to run fear immune spec I ignore it; ditto with thew group +slashing buff the only thing good on that is it helps with our +ranged an increase we do not get on our offensive buff.
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

Indeed that is random. I also must plead the "I haven't specced this skill" so I am learning from your responses and testing/double checking them and you are correct once again Cavalier's Shout is indeed a low-proccing skill which really makes the current +threat worthless or nigh to it.

I am a bit iffy still on having it be a togglable Ire proc though, just seems like it would be unbalancing to have a random-style positional. I always perfer to know when my positionals are going off. I understand It can be toggled but still sits odd with me. Oh and sorry for the knee-jerk flip-out over Reinforcement :( I am very defensive sometimes about class diversity and jumped to a rash conclusion.

@Boli I am actually trying to remove some of that "optimal spec" with more appealing options. Sure any tank will spec what they need. I will have to mull over some of your suggestions and by this point probably repost a new updated change-tree to see what you guys think. Again thanks for the feedback this is really helping me out here to understand not only the Crusader more but what they need/want. Though I doubt the STR line will change much. Warrior and I believe Brawlers have the same "Reuse/Recovery/Recast" AA's.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Alright here we go. Attempt #2 at an adapted table. Same format as before but a bit longer I am covering ALL skills.

Concenter: Restores the Crusaders power when out of combat by 100%. Upon entering combat the Crusader gains a 10% increase to spell damage for 30 seconds. Grants 4 STR and STA per rank passively.
    I removed the focus attribute because that is now on Higher Ground this is effectively the Warrior's Bind Wound now but it effects power and spells instead of hp and combat arts.

Swift Attack: damage and attack speed.
    I think generally across myself and the others we agree this ability is fine.

Avangers Relentlessness: I would actually move some of the SDA from Legionnaires Focus over here 5% at rank 10.
    The rest of the SDA will be elsewhere in the tree but this gives some power to the STR tree and partially eliminating the restriction on the SF end-lines.

Idolic Axe: +hate is always nice.

Avenging Invigoration: No change needed skill is equivalent to the INT end-line for Warriors so it is unchanged for balance.

Avenging Hatred be split 50-% to Recovery and 10% to Cast Speed and 5% Reuse Speed.
    Avenging Hatred is meant to further augment Avenging Invigoration hence the reduction and split to keep Crusaders casting their skills quickly and helps out a bit on their reuse with many are low on. Here is where I make the difference between the Warrior end-line and Crusader end-line both SF versions augment the spell-skills.

In response to Boli's point of the STR line being almost too good to spec out of, imo that make it a base line much like the STA tree should be for Warrior's tanking or the INT line is for them as well it is very hard to spec out of the Intelligence tree for Warriors. So I see that as a fair balance between the classes.

Joust: inflicts damage per rank and each rank adds 2 meters to its range.
    Both have pointed out this gap-closers range is exceptionally short given the size of bosses and encounters these days. With this change at rank 10 you have full bow-range to use this skill of up to 35 meters which even Baelon isn't this large.

Trample: No Change needed, just AE auto like Dragoon's Cyclone (wish i knew the brawler version for here.

Higher Ground: Whenever the Cavalier takes damage they have a 25% chance to proc "Cavaliers Grace" lasts for 5 seconds.
    Cavaliers Grace: Prevents the caster from being interrupted even by movement.
    As a proc skill it can be tracked the duration is short because the trigger chance is fairly high this would allow the crusader to be a mobile-tank with this spec and have better Add-roundup capacity.

Lance(PvE): Inflicts 10894-15982 damage on targets in a 60 degree cone in front of the Crusader and inflicts 3584-7802 damage every 4 seconds. Increases the Crusaders threat by 6 positions.
    I hear from both Maergoth and Boli that Crusaders want another snap and I disagree with putting it on Cavaliers Shout (in part). This now gives them such a taunt and as Boli pointed out you can reforge off the STR line for it. This skill should now have the power behind it to make it worthwhile.

PvP version because the damage-ramp was too high for PvP.

Cavalier's Shout: On any combar ot spell hit may cast Cavalier's Cry on target of attack. Triggers 3.0 times a minute.
    Increases Threat to target encounter by 10345-20394.
    As I said I cannot justify having Ire as an AA even a toggle effect. I upped the proc-rate and the threat amount which can crit to help make this more of a "threat maintain" not a "threat-reclaim" skill.

- Throws targets back
    - Stuns targets
    This is a starter AA so it can't have much power but currently it feels weak by comparison I increased the maximum damage limit at rank 10 but barely touched the lower end. Just gives the spell a feel of a bit more power behind it.

Fervor of Faith: No Change Needed.
    All AA lines have a form of CC in them its to help get into new content and should remain.

I would love this as a Warrior but that's not the topic here. This ability does fine for that extra HP needed.

As it reads... momentary damage immunity to most sources.

Sentry's Aura:
    - Improves the % Threshold by 1.25% per rank.
    Adds a bit of power behind using this ability beyond simply making it last longer at rank 10 all damage below 60% of the crusaders hp will be avoided thus helping mitigate damage further.

Wisdom Line:
    lets be honest here this makes you into a Chanter almost for group-buffs.

Combat Leadership: On hostile spell hit will cast Fierce Combat on target of attack lasts for 10 seconds. Triggers 2.0 times per minute
    - Inflicts 1470-1950 Divine damage on target. Triggers 5 times per minute.
    When a Combat Art is used has a 10% chance to apply Firece Combat on target of attack.
    - Inflicts 1470-2450 slashing damage on target. Triggers 5 times per minute.
    - lasts for 10 seconds.
    This now is a timed damage effect triggering on each hit. This functions as a damage-buff for the Crusaders group. It is set up to trigger as a proc not a maintained ability thus removing it from the maintained window.

Battle Leadership: Increases Ranged skills by 5.5 per rank. Adds .5% ST and Accuracy per rank.
    This now acts as a group accuracy buff maintaining a Ranged buff for the Crusader.

Aura of Leadership: Wards group members (AE) by 6430 points of all damage.
    Increased the ward a small ammount. Not much I can say with this other than it's purpose is group not raid.

Fearless moral: increases Pontecy of Group members by 5%
    This is to make the AA sink into Fearless spec more worth it and not require Knights Leadership so much.

Knights Leadership: Increases the groups Doubecast chance by .5% per rank.
    Here is the other half of Legionnaire's Focus thus removing it from the AA lines and augmenting existing skills. and gives the Crusader the option to get 9% Spell Double Attack if he uses the STR line.

Intelligence Line: only 1 real issue here.

Legionnaires conviction: Reduces all damage done to the target by 50%. 200% of the reduced damage is reflected on the attacker. Cannot Activate at the same time as Faith.
    I changed the damage ratio and made sure to check Faith. Legionnaire's is now roughly half as effective as Faith with damage reduction. For having a longer duration it doesn't absorb as much as Faith does (Faith in essence is a stoneskin, Legionnaire's is a Damage reducer).

Legionnaire's Focus:
    - Improves the damage reduction of Legionnaire's Conviction by 1.25% per rank
    - Improves the Duration of Legionnaire's Conviction by 1.25 seconds per rank.

Alright I hope that list better addresses the needs of the Crusader. If paladins need a more reliable snap I would opt to make Holy Ground function like Ire does that way it is class specific.

13. Duele Active Member

Joust: Increase the range on this. It should go at least as far as Sonic Punch or whatever that Bruiser ability is.

Higher Ground: I can never remember this being useful. I like somebody's idea to have it proc being able to cast on the run. Give it a good proc chance like 2.0 with a duration of 10 seconds max points in.

Lance: Should do more damage imo.

Hammer Ground: Add a DoT after initial hit.

Combat Leadership: Turn it into a group proc buff without triggers with unlimited duration or give it a timed duration without triggers or give it a huge amount of damage if keeping the triggers.

Fearless Morale: Change it to buff potency by a % of SKs potency already. 5% of SKs potency as a group buff. 400 potency equals 20 Potency to everybody in group. Group DPS utility is something Crusaders lack in comparison to Combat Mastery both Brawlers sport. 8% Potency used to be an awesome buff, but like usual when you give a static amount it doesn't scale unlike abilities like CM that will always scale.

Lego Mercy: Make it effect Wards.

Lego Conviction: Change it to 100% magic reflect.

Cav Shout: Not sure if I like the idea of Ire on it or not.

Lego Focus: Change it to buff Spell DA by 1.25% per rank.
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Joust: Increase the range on this. It should go at least as far as Sonic Punch or whatever that Bruiser ability is.
    What is the range on Sonic Punch? If I knew that I could gauge the balance better.

Higher Ground: I can never remember this being useful. I like somebody's idea to have it proc being able to cast on the run. Give it a good proc chance like 2.0 with a duration of 10 seconds max points in.
    I think my previous post covered a mechanic for that too. Though I like the 10th rank doubling the duration of Cavalier's Grace.

Lance: Should do more damage imo.
    Addressed that issue already.

Hammer Ground: Add a DoT after initial hit.
    That actually could make it worthwhile without majorly changing the base damage. I like it; say reapplies the base damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds (5 triggers)

Combat Leadership: Turn it into a group proc buff without triggers with unlimited duration or give it a timed duration without triggers or give it a huge amount of damage if keeping the triggers.
    I think my previous option addressed that.

Fearless Morale: Change it to buff potency by a % of SKs potency already. 5% of SKs potency as a group buff. 400 potency equals 20 Potency to everybody in group. Group DPS utility is something Crusaders lack in comparison to Combat Mastery both Brawlers sport. 8% Potency used to be an awesome buff, but like usual when you give a static amount it doesn't scale unlike abilities like CM that will always scale.
    Hm, I like that idea certainly doesn't much things up as much as my suggestion of a flat increase.

Lego Mercy: Make it effect Wards.

Lego Conviction: Change it to 100% magic reflect.
    I would make this work on legionnaire's Focus

Cav Shout: Not sure if I like the idea of Ire on it or not.

Lego Focus: Change it to buff Spell DA by 1.25% per rank.
  15. Netty Member

And as always Duele comes and ask to be made even more godmode. 20% pot groupwide... What off why you are in reckless and sitting at like 700+ Pot... Crusaders Utility is where it should be atm imo. Also 40% magical reduction is still one of the best abilitys in any subtankclass tree. Its not worth going back trying to get a few things that dont work as they should anymore since you always have the few ppl coming in and asking for godmode changes.
  16. Epixz Member

i love how deule always say SK when it s a crusader thread, tells a lot about how he is concerned by anything else than his little person
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Tbh in reflection... A lot of what Deule's suggestions actually could be quite broken... Though I think Hammer ground applying it's "Base Damage" For a DoT would be fine, just not modified by CB/Potency. I agree with Netty, Legionnaires is staying where it is MAYBE the end-line instead of Spell Double Attack would give an increased reflect up to 50% but no higher.
  18. Duele Active Member

Sorry meant Crusader since its Crusader line.

Everybody else LOL if you think those ideas are OP'd.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Not all just some, the goal is to maintain the power levels across all tanks. I personally think some of your ideas would imbalance that. 5% of the Crusaders Potency as group would be OP because of Reckless stance that translates say you have 600-700% potency (not unheard of in raid-gear) that means you now give your group 30-35% Potency a ludicrous buff if you are in a mage group due to how mages scale.

I liked a few of your ideas, the numbers were off. The same applies for Legionairre's there is only 1 full damage reflect in the game to my knowledge that blocks all damage for a duratoin and reflects it. That is Faith a Crusader-only skill AND a Paladin only skill.
    Not even the Warrior's Perfect Counter Attack does that, it only absorbs 4 hits not ALL hits.

As per buffing Fearless Morale a smaller static buff to base would be more reasonable such as at max ranks 5% and remove some of the increase form the SF-Version of Fearless.
  20. Obano Well-Known Member

LOL @ Duele for asking for ridiculous OP abilities. If you want utility like combat mastery it should only last 12 seconds like CM.