Crusader - Soulclaim Issue

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by The Jones, Dec 23, 2013.

1. The Jones Active Member

I build a spec that includes this and it doesn't seem to trigger properly for me, or maybe I don't understand what a "deathblow" is. If I run around in skyshrine and melt a bunch of stuff with my AE's i'd expect this to trigger every time something dies, but it doesn't. If i'm targeting something directly and and dies it does seem to trigger properly.

Can anyone else confirm if there is a bug here or if I'm mistaken on what a death blow is?
  2. Azian Well-Known Member

I have noticed the same thing. I was also running my SK in SS this weekend and was surprised to find myself low on power. How can that even happen with this buff on while power leveling? The wording seems pretty clear that it should be restoring power when it doesn't seem to be. It says "Soulclaim restores power to the group when any member of the raid strikes a death blow." Ok, my group (or even me alone) just killed a group of 3 mobs meaning three deathblows occurred, why didn't our power go up by 18%?
  3. The Jones Active Member

Thanks Azian.

SOE? Anyone? Is this working as expected? If so, please elaborate on what a deathblow is.
  4. Darkon Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a bug but Soulclaim is rarely used so probably not high priority to fix.
  5. The Jones Active Member

Wasn't this modified at the launch of ToV to make it more interesting for people to use? I don't remember what it did before the launch of ToV. I know it's not going to be in anyone's standard spec for group/raid, but it certainly has it's place for those looking for fast paced stuff.

I get your point about the priorities, but I figured since it was a recent modification to the ability that it would be more of a priority to fix. In general, newly introduced bugs are more likely to be fixed than old bugs.
  6. Silzin Active Member

this mechanic is used on items also, so they probably need to look at making it work right
  7. The Jones Active Member

So it's a problem with deathblow rather than this ability?
  8. Darkon Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. The way it's working it only counts as your deathblow if you're targetting whatever it is that dies. It's never worked that way before, but they probably retouched the coding on it for some of the new items.