Crossbow on a mage

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Nimbrithil, May 19, 2019.

1. Somedude Active Member

I was trolling. Cause so many people are bad on Kaladim, give them 50% reuse, they'll still somehow parse bad.
  2. Malachy Well-Known Member

As suspected, I spent about 2 hours playing with training dummy and the results were:

The crossbow decreased my dps by 1-2%, overall. Sometimes it would win over crana's wand, but more often than not, it did not. And yes, I didn't begin testing until AIM was maxed. Ran Icy a few times, about the same results. So I know at least one mage class, it was a waste. Perhaps if you switch out +spell skills for +offensive skills you'll see higher piercing dmg, but you'll likely lose more overall with minimum dmg you just lost from +spell skills.

Also, the proc is 1-2% dps zonewide.

RIP 30 coins. Glad I have no alts that could have used it instead.
    Bekkr likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Meanwhile on Live, our raid leader wants the mages to have crossbows so we can use the two-handed crit bonus adorns on it, and the extra crit bonus ends up being more DPS somehow. He does the big mathematical proofs and spreadsheets, so I looked sadly at my Planar Level 10 Focus wand and got a crossbow, adorned as per raid leader specifications. /shrug. The guild mantra (aside from "Ninja School Dropoiuts") is Fervor > Crit Bonus > Potency > AB Mod.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Somedude Active Member

great game
  5. Lexxah Member

Nobody cares.
    Sixgauge, Ghorast, Adoninilol and 3 others like this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I have zero doubts in my mind that testing a icy digg instance is the best place to test a item.
  7. Malachy Well-Known Member

The testing was on the dummy for a couple hours, not in Icy. Running Icy multiple times and a couple of raids thereafter, I saw what I'd expected with the results on the dummy. I gave it the benefit of the doubt with certain group buffs. But it's in my appearance slot now, where it'll remain. If I see someone my class with it equipped that approaches my dps, I might look further into it, but the case is closed for me until then. I'd caution other mages to do the same.

If it's an awesome item for your class, then enjoy. Happy hunting! ;)
  8. Nimbrithil Member

splatterpunk28, what mage class are you?
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're an amazing player.
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  10. Somedude Active Member

What class?
  11. Ragna Well-Known Member

I'm curious too.
    Which class ? And could you post the dummy parses ?
    Zenji likes this.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

As far as i remmeber my warden could not use the Heritage Bow, the problem is that she missed either piercing or ranged/bow skills. It may be different for mage or shaman since they can use piercing weapons. I don t have the hunter crossbow and i won't get it (i hate this stupid grind quest with trivial soloable mobs).
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

So an average of 13%, this is not even 13% DPS or HPS since you rarely do zero while waiting for the best skills to come back ... If the T6 coins are different from the T5 i will skip that crap.

I guess that T6 hunter will come only midterm, i hope ti will imply heroic instantiated zones.
  14. Malachy Well-Known Member

An illusionist and, no, I didn't save the dummy parses. Adoninilol, you actually on the server? Your condescending posts over here seem a little strange otherwise. The math was obviously questionable as an upgrade for a couple of classes before I tested it, which is why I asked if anyone bothered yet.

Faroth Mal aside, no current encounters last long enough for the reuse to be worth it enough to equip for my class, for dps or utility. Considering the duration of 99.9% of fights currently in game, might want to consider that before assuming it's a BIS item for everyone, for all occasions, despite the 'experts' here. For zonewide, none of the raids I have been in are so quick with back to back pulls to make it worthwhile either; neither the stats, nor the proc outweigh what is lost in auto attack. Modifying it with a 6 sec delay might be beneficial for some, but that did not change the outcome of it becoming an appearance item for me.

Anyway, just trying to be helpful.
    Sixgauge, Bekkr, DefeatedZ and 3 others like this.
  15. Somedude Active Member

Does your guild eat a sandwich between pulls?

Providing you're not pausing, your zonewide should be better with the bow just from the increased number of pris casts you should be getting.

Now, if you pause between pulls for some reason, I could see the benefit significantly reduced.
  16. Venser Active Member

That's ok! ACT saves your history logs for you, so they are there. If you need help finding your history just ask! Looking forward to seeing the parses.
    Zenji likes this.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

If you play an illy and think it's an appearance item buddy, hats off to you. As on nagafen as an illy, it wasn't for me!

The added theorems/pris chaos/chromatic shower's was incredibly good for dps, and also the increased savante's next expansion.

Not only have you now proven to me that:
    A. Your tanks are bad and you don't pull fast enough to actually get anything out of the item.
    B. You also don't press efficient buttons as my results on the crossbow were very different from yours.

I played on SH/DT/FG/Naggy 2.0, Kaladim is a carbon copy. I was a great player, still am.

Keep in mind our fights were longer sure, but your spells don't have long enough reuse's that you wouldn't see significant gain out of using the crossbow on an illusionist, unless for some reason (?) you're putting rapidity on yourself and focusing the wrong stats instead of purely crit/cast.

Icy Digg is like the perfect zone to just reee out with the crossbow because fights are at least 30-1minute long and you just chain pull encounters to use shower.

If you have any questions on Illy. Feel free to ask me.
  18. Okanagan Member

A bit confused, the fights aren't long enough, but you're an illusionist who has . . . . very low cooldowns. Surely all of your raid fights aren't 10s long?

I could understand the argument if it was an isolated 2min fight, and the reuse of the spell was 2min 30s, so you get only 1 off anyways, but this is clearly not the case.
  19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

My guild bids on loot, casts ports, and runs to the next raid zone between pulls... it's actually pretty annoying spending more time zoning in than raiding.