Crossbow ammo makes me mad.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by The_Real_Wurm, Dec 10, 2017.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

1) The MC ammo has -5 to range and -25 to hit or less damage.

2) The ammo vendors from all three factions are broken, and show nothing to purchase when you visit them.

3) The ammo is seemly lack-luster in comparison with other ammo available in game.

3) And not to do with the ammo per-say but the aim skill is also a bad idea and needs to have + weapon skill added to it for it to be viable or removed completely.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Don't forget the icing on the cake... mages and priests can use the crossbows.. WITHOUT ammo... because reasons.
    Kheldorm likes this.
  3. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Works for Fighters as well... I was going to bug it then thought "Naaaa they can figure that one out on their own."
  4. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Oh look...scouts still having to pay for their DPS compared to everyone else.
    Kheldorm, Alenna and Quillyne like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I agree.. it's messed up.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Want some real laughs...try being a woodworker crafting the xbow bolts.
    Quillyne likes this.
  7. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

What's the damage of the "ammo-less" xbow compared to basic twark bolts?
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Not sure.. I haven't leveled a scout yet.. and my mage and caster priest have zero interest in crossbows.. why time your auto-attack if you don't have to? :p
    I suppose I could test with my warden.. but she only has the crossbow for procs and stats.. she's busy smacking the mob upside the head with her melee weapon.
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I to be honest haven't noticed a difference. All I know its miserable with or without ammo.
  10. Xellium Active Member

Just tested it as a Wizard.

As long as I have 1 arrow in my bag it goes off sometimes, but not always.
    I thought maybe I have to time my attacks to let it go off, but at times it does nothing even though I am not interrupting it with casts.

Also, procs that only proc off of attacks, in my case Ro's Blade, are not going off at all.
    If I put Ro's Blade on a non caster it goes off no problem.
    Put it on a caster with a crossbow and nothing happens.

Crossbows are really screwed up right now.

And actually I just ran an entire zone and not one auto attack went off.
    Not once.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

yeah using more mats and fuel for less yield then previous tiers on all ammo
    Kheldorm likes this.