Critical Mitigation and PVP combat

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Yimway, Jun 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

While I think I know the answers to this, there is a great deal of confusion within the player community, so I'll start a thread here.

Does PVE gear crit mit apply to incoming pvp damage?
    If so, is that cumulative to the Crit Mit derrived from Toughness Stat?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

99.999% sure that answer is no. I believe they've said it before, can't find the post though.
  3. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I've never found the post either. I have found posts that didn't clearly say that, however players interpretted it as so.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sydares Guest

Normal crit mit does not function in BGs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Yeah, but I definately remember seeing in. Starting to wonder if it was in a Dev chat or something similar.

Anyway, actualy experience in PVP/BG has shown no crit damage reduction with crit mit (unlike with toughness).
  6. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Sydares wrote:
    Care to refference a dev post?
    Or player to player parse that can demonstrate it?
    It is impossible to proove or disproove not being on a pvp server with opposing characters as test cases.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

8. ARCHIVED-timetravelling Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    No, it does not.
  9. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

I guess most confusion comes from the proc of the boots. The German translation just reads "critical mitigation", but based on zam the actual name is "pvp critical mitigation". 1st would mean that they count for PvE but not PvP, which would not make sense for a PvP item. The 2nd would make sense, but contradicts timetravelling's post above mine. So either zam is incorrect or the German translation. I still guess the later one.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Calberak@Valor wrote:
    Should be easy to see which it really is -- watch your crit mit stat when the boots take effect and see if your PVE crit mit goes up; if it doesn't then it's a localization bug and not an actual bug with the localized version of the item itself.