Critical Chance: 100 or 120% ?

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ailees, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ailees Guest

100% crit chance gives 100% for a level 90 mob if you are 90. If you are raiding and want to have 100% chances, as mob are higher than you, you needed around 120% to be sure to always crit.
    I've been told some days ago that this has been recently modified, and that 100% is enough whatever be the mob's level (if there is not special buffer in the zone of course). I can't find any information from SOE about this.
    Anyone knows please ?

I will try tonight at raid with something like 101 % chances and look at ACT, but I'd like to see some official information about it.
  2. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

Do high-level mobs naturally reduce the chance for players to crit or double attack? What about to-hit?
    • to-hit - yes, and a lot
    • crit and DA - no, not at all. However, it is possible for them to have buffs/hidden effects that reduce these values (this is not widely used)
    From http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=471667
    buffs fluctuate as people move out or range/die and some mobs apparantly are harder to crit (or debuff crit) against but it's not a function of level according to this. For the above reasons you might not see 100% crit rates even if your persona window says 100%.
  3. ARCHIVED-mirage06 Guest

Last I looked, 100 is enough.
  4. ARCHIVED-mykei Guest

i think it's 118% for the mobs over 90 in raids.
  5. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

mykei wrote:
    You think incorrectly.
  6. ARCHIVED-CoLdBooT Guest

The correct answer is......

It completely depends on what you are fighting.

TSO and before to hit the raid mobs higher than you you need more than 100 since they contest crit and this has not changed.

SF mobs nolonger contest crit so 100 crit is enough regardless of level (really 101 for silly reasons)

*HOWEVER*

there are SF mobs that either A - debuff crit, or B - have a hidden buff that causes them to essentially contest crit

To deal with A have more than 100 to have a "buffer" to still be close to 100 when debuffed (it's easy now to be over 100 without trying anyway).

To deal with B have more than 100 since we really won't know which mobs have these hidden buffs without more testing than anyone should want to do (though it's obvious on some mobs)

So if you don't plan to do any pre SF raiding and you don't care about the few mobs that will debuff crit or have the hidden buff to contest crit then go with 100 (or 101), if you do care then go higher (I'm sitting around 115-120 on raids and will probably remain around there since it's actually somewhat hard to drop below that with all the gear out now and buffs to crit).