Creative / EAX audio settings in Win 7 ?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Satara, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Satara Member

Hello, who can help me with Creative settings ?
    I have a Creative X-Fi and sw Alchemy under Win 7 for the Eax 4 compatibility but can't find a correct setup. Audio sounds like 'corrupted'.
    I tried buffer 4, lenght 15 or 25, voices 128... nothing to do.

Any help pls ?
  2. Tanktop Member

try to use Creative ALchemy and add Everquest 2 to the list
  3. Mopeygothic Active Member

buffer needs to be 15, the rest leave it unchanged

get the previous version of alchemy also, some of the newer ones are not working correctly with eq2
  4. Satara Member

Hello. Thanks for your reply but i'm already using Alchemy (tried both latest version and oldest one).
    I have tried with buffer 4, lenght 15 and voices 128.
    Is better than with lenght 25 but many sound are still not correct and sound like jittered.
    :(
  5. Mopeygothic Active Member

try installing an older audiodriver :)

ive had many issues too with varies x-fi cards, driver versions and alchemy editions

its possible to make it work tho, just find the right combination

you can also try disabling some of the hardware acceleration in dxdiag for audio
  6. Naychan Member

I have also tried this and the buffers only let me go to 10. Any thoughts?
  7. Naychan Member

I got it to work and these are the steps I took. This is for Windows 7 x64 only.

1. Downloaded Creative SB X-fi Drivers for Windows 7 and the latest version of Alchemy. I tried using the auto-update feature from the programs itself but it didn't download the latest version. Thank you Creative!!!!!
    x64 Driver http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=11478
    Alchemy http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=12579

2. Removed creative Alchemy
    3. Removed Creative SB X-FI from Device manager
    4. Removed Creative Sound Blaster Properties x64 Edition from Add/Remove Programs
    5. Restarted
    6. Installed latest driver
    7. Restarted
    8. Installed Alchemy
    9. Created missing Registry path for EverQuest2. You can copy below text into notepad and save as eq2.reg and add it to your system or feel free to add it yourself. I recommend the notepad way. "Copy between the lines please".
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\EverQuest2]
    "Path"="C:\\Users\\Public\\Sony Online Entertainment\\Installed Games\\EverQuest II"
    @="C:\\Users\\Public\\Sony Online Entertainment\\Installed Games\\EverQuest II\\Everquest2.exe"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10. Start Alchemy and you should see EverQuest2 on the installed games side (if you used the default install path). Select it and move it to the Alchemy-enabled Games side then close.

11. Started EverQuest 2. Open options (ALT+O) and click "Sound"
    12. Sound Provider = EAX-4 from the drop down selections.
    13. Speaker Type - Select how many speakers you have.
    14. Click "advanced" in the top right hand corner.
    15. Moved all sliders all the way to the right. Note: on my system it only let me go to 64 sounds even though the card can handle 128.

16. Camp to Desktop. In some games to get the right sound you have to exit first and let the game start with the correct options.

17. Start EverQuest 2 and enjoy!

Side Note: In the creative alchemy folder, there is a ini file that has eq and a preset of 1 and then the settings. This is the reason I decided to create the correct registry path. When I just added the game folder it never worked right no matter what settings I chose.
  8. Satara Member

Thanks Naychan but nothing worked.

I solved changing value in Alchemy:
    buffer 4, lenght 8, voices 64.
  9. ITPalg Member

Wake up Snow White...

I just redid my Alchemy after forgetting about it, adding Everquest2.exe to file path as registry doesn't work.
    I restarted the game after selecting EAX 4.

I use a headset connected to the front panel of my computer to my XFI.

I get no speaker option. It just is dimmed out and I can't select it.
  10. Cronos Varsoon New Member

Buffer 4 Duration 8 Voices 64 solved it for me