Crashing while zoning to certain zones.

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Finora, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

On one of my accounts I am crashing everytime I try to zone in to housing or guild halls.
    Any of my characters that were logged in my guild hall are completely inaccessable as the game just crashes directly back to character select when I try to log them in.

Incidentally, I crashed completely out of game when zoning into Sebs this evening trying to verify for someone else that others were crashing in that zone. However, someone else zoned in with no issues.

I am not getting a low memory error. I am able to run my other account on the same computer with few issues (other than the fact I am now scared to go to housing). I did however go to the guild hall with no issues at all. The account that is crashing also was in the guild hall earlier today with no issues, however I had a character crash when zoning to the guild hall from a house and have had issues with both housing & the hall since.
  2. ARCHIVED-Drowsy Guest

This started happening to me last night. It takes several (more than 5 tries) to login to any character.
    1. Connecting to zone server.
    2. Dialog box "Server did not respond in a timely manner and may be backlogged"
    3. Boot to character select.
    I can just be standing around and i'll get booted.
  3. ARCHIVED-Bledso Guest

it is happening to me on all my toons
    zoning to jarsath
    zoning to halas
    zoning to freeport
    zoning to guild hall - it is bouncing me back to character select then says server has timed out.
    The game is almost unplayable now.

new one -loading into freeport made to all way until screen said loading ui resources before kicking me back to character select again
    finally made into freeport clicked on the bell on the dock and back to charascter select
    continuing with the freeport issue now it kicked me when i tried to buy something from the pet merchant

update - tried logging into qeynos from guild hall portal have two characters stuck now and keeps recycling back to character select screen - gams completely unplayable - I even validated files no change
    all my characters are now stuck and game is completely unplayable this happened last night no issues until then does not matter what zone from what dock in guild hall on dock all are now booted to character select and no way to log in
  4. ARCHIVED-Tello Guest

My wife and I are experiencing the same problem. Zoning into housing/guild hall tends to crash to character select. We have/had several characters stuck in limbo. I did find a way to get them unstuck however. We deleted the Cache folder in the EQ2 folder and were able to login and move the stuck characters. But, entering housing again gets them "re-stuck" and had to re-delete the Cache folder again. Not really sure why this is happening, just know it enabled us to login and move characters out of housing/GH :) Hopefully a better fix is available soon!
  5. ARCHIVED-SkyheartSilverwing Guest

Same its really really frustrating. I checked and my files are all verified and up to date.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bozak Guest

Having same issue.. Just came back to game about 6 months ago and have had little to no connection issues until yesterday. As of yesterday (9/29/2012) I'd say about 80% of the times I zone I get booted to character select and it takes several attempts to get back into game. Once i'm back in, i'm usually fine for the rest of the duration i'm in that zone.... Until I try and zone again. This has happened to me in most of the new content as well as guild hall.
    Today, I've only tried logging onto 1 character who is in guild hall. I've had several boots back to character select and twice i've managed to eventually get into game only to get booted back to character select when I try and open a spire portal.
    I'm starting to get pretty umm.. we'll just say unhappy just in case kids read this stuff.. Hopefully this gets figured out.
  7. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

Same issue on both my accounts. Crash every time I go to character select and sometimes just happens during gameplay.
  8. ARCHIVED-CrysTune Guest

Pretty much the same connection issues everyone here is having started Sat. 9/29 maybe 4 or 5 PM PST. Tried to zone in or out of an instance and zoned to Character Select instead. Worse today. Reset modem, router, rebooted, and killed all extra processes. Ran speed test, normal > 10Mb. Validated game assets.
    Guk server

Seems they found what to reboot. Guk server seems fine atm.
  9. ARCHIVED-SkyheartSilverwing Guest

Sinking Sands and the attached zones seem particularly bad
  10. ARCHIVED-Vaughntronic Guest

I am also having this problem on two different accounts. Including disconnecting to character select while just standing around, zoning into my house, the Withered Lands, and Shard of Love. I am still trying to get in. Sometimes I get a message that says: "Server did not respond in a timely manner and may be backlogged. Please try again in a few minutes."
    Other times, no message at all. It behaves like it will log me in then pops me back to character select. Definitely not a fun issue. =(
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

I'm sorry about the zoning issues. I will make sure the proper team is notified. In the meantime, please submiot support tickets to our tech team so we can gather the appropriate information.