crashing upon starup

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Nemnock, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Nemnock New Member

I keep crashing as i am loading my characters into the world, i was crashing before but i at least got to play for random times but now since this maintenance downtime, i cannot even log in without crashing before i even get to see my toon on screen... what can i do? is it me or is it the same for anyone else?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When you say "crashing" what exactly happens? The game closes? Or do you mean Windows crashes? Blue screen of death? etc.?

Assuming that the problem is just the game, do you have any trouble running the Launchpad?
    1. Shut down your computer completely.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. Start the Launchpad.
    4. Look for the "Advanced Tools" button (it has an image of a crossed hammer and wrench). Click that button.
    5. Click "Validate Game Assets" on the left then click the green Validate button. This forces a scan of all your installed game files. The Launchpad will tell you if any are broken, and will download good copies to replace them.
    If that doesn't fix it, you will need to give us a lot more detail. What operating system are you using? Are any error messages appearing when you crash? If so, what exactly do they say? Can you get a screenshot of the error message?

It's also helpful to get some data from a tool on your computer, the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
    1. Click the Windows Start button.
    2. The menu that pops up will either have a button called Run, or a text box. Click Run, then put in dxdiag and hit Enter (putting dxdiag in the search box and hitting Enter accomplishes the same thing).
    3. Look for the button that says "Save All Information" and click it. It will put all the info in a file called DxDiag.txt. Tell it to save somewhere you can find the file, like the Desktop, your EQ2 screenshot folder, or C:\
    4. We don't want the entire ginormous file, so open Notepad.exe (use the Run option from Windows Start if needed).
    5. Open DxDiag.txt in Notepad.
      • From the System Information section, we want the lines from "Operating System" down to "Page File".
      • From the Display Devices section, we want the lines from "Card Name" to "Driver Date/Size".
    6. You can just paste those lines into this thread.
  3. Nemnock New Member

thank you for your response, i had tried a bunch of different things with no luck... but as a last resort i had uninstalled and then re-downloaded and did a full install and i seem to be ok now with not a single crash over the last few hours i have been on...
    Sigrdrifa likes this.