Fixed Internally Crashing on log in

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Buba, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Buba Active Member

Since xpac release half our pcs cannot log in. It allows us to select a character then crashes as the screen loads. (have 5 different pc's mine my wife and the kids) I have tried deleting caches revalidating and play (did not work) then did a complete uninstall and delete. Re downloaded game and did a full download from game version. Worked 1 time then on subsequent log in started crashing again.
    Kirlia, ridgid and Rdy2rock like this.
  2. Rdy2rock Member

Same here. Funny thing is I can get in on one account although I have crashed. My second account crashes every time I try on different computers. I did validate assets and it reported all files up to date. I am using default UI. I also just updated graphics drivers which made no difference. I had no issues with beta crashing at all. My account worked fine this morning pre-launch. My character is Feelixx on the Maj'Dul server. Other characters on the same account suffer from the same crash. Logging in shows character but screen is frozen, then client crashes.
    Kirlia, ridgid and Buba like this.
  3. Captain Teague New Member

Same. Never a problem till this patch.
    ridgid likes this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Certain players using EQ2maps may be experiencing issues zoning issues at the moment. If you are effected please delete the eq2maps folder from your UI folder and exit then relaunch the game to see if that solves zoning issues you may be experiencing.
    Breanna and Captain Teague like this.
  5. Captain Teague New Member

FIXED. Thank you Dreamweaver. :)
  6. Rdy2rock Member

Thank you! That fixed mine as well. I'm hoping there will be a fix for this so we can use EQ2maps?
  7. Atherne New Member

I can't login to the game ,seem to stuck between splash screen and entry. I've uninstall eq2maps and removed it from my eq2 folder., but it's not done any good. I stll can't login.Never had this problem before.
  8. Rdy2rock Member

Are you using a custom UI by chance?
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It may be an issue on the UI designers end, we are trying to figure that part out.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Atherne New Member

I still can't login, I don't have a custom ui, using the eq2 standard ui, I can't figure out what to do next, I just can't get in.
  11. Azxira New Member

I renamed the EQ2 maps folder and can zone now.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hi Atherne,

Since it sounds like a different issue than the one other players are experiencing you may want to reach out to our customer service team directly and have them walk you through troubleshooting steps.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Clawrift New Member

I have 3 characters that are in Qeynos Capitol District. The game crashes just before character is fully zoned in game, on those good characters only.
    I have other characters in other zones that have no problem at all.
  14. Atherne New Member

Hi dreamweaver, a weird note to add. I can lohin to my good chars (the one in Qeynos and Frostfang ) ,but not my evil ones based in Freeport. I don't understand that at all. Any advice?
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Not specifically, although you are right, that is a little odd.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Atherne New Member

well update. Logged into one of my Frostfang chars but when I tried to do the Chelsith prereq my char crashed.Seems that if I don't try to do anything to get into the expac I'm ok, but not if I want to enter Blood of Luclin. Trying a fresh dl of the game to see if that helps at all, tho at this moment I'm not too hopeful.I notice ,too that a lot of other folk are having similar problems. Please fix this I so wanted to do this expac.
  17. Urop New Member

I have read all of the posts here to see if I can find out what my problem is and like the folks that are stuck in the good capital I have one stuck there as well and also a charc stuck in the evil capital. I am doublely blessed lol.
    Kirlia likes this.
  18. Grrrrrl Member

I was crashing zoning into freeport.. I deleted the eq2 maps folder from the ui folder and was still crashing
    I also use darqui and remembered seeing an eq2maps folder in there once ( integrated goodness) so I went in and deleted that additional eq2 folder also and have no issues. Hope that helps someone. (Do a search for eq2maps in the everquest 2 folder and see how many you might have hiding!)
  19. Pone the Wonderhorse Member

Was fine until I tried to zone into Halls of Discipline, I guess certain maps are funny. ProfitCE, a rename of the eq2maps folder in that directory fixed it
  20. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

If you are using DarqUI, go to the EQ2MAP page and click "Repair." You will be able to remove EQ2MAP without reinstalling until they figure out what's going on.
    dreamweaver likes this.