Crafting Stations for Researchers and Questlines

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Evilary, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Evilary Well-Known Member

I know this probably will not happen but I would really like to see the research and questline recipes go to a custom craft station setup. For example, doing the daily quest in Buried Takish'Hiz, have only the recipes you can craft there be available to be crafted on that crafting station. It would clean up our recipe book a little if it did not have to load every recipe for 125 levels and make things so easy to find when there is only those few recipes visible.

Basically like the crafting works for the Twark area. You don't see 100 levels of recipes when you interact with the fire, just the recipes you can craft on it.
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

I know this seems counter to the first post but I would also like to see regular crafting stations placed in at least 1 area each expansion. Let us get out in the world more for crafting. Make the crafting seem more essential to the story can be done just by having these craft station areas. I like the whole Buried Takish'Hiz concept of we're exploring the area and crafting and experimenting. But it doesn't feel like a crafters work area.
  3. Denmum Developer

People actually complained about that mechanic, as it prevented them from going home and crafting if they forgot something. It isn't an issue with the Buried Takish'Hiz, as the ingredients are all quest items, but for other quest lines where normal harvests are included, players want to be able to go home and craft using resources in their depot, etc.

As for crafting stations in expansion areas, two of the expansion zones this time around will have an all-in-one crafting station in them. Last expansion was a bit different and special because we were trying to showcase the new crafting stations, while not using *all* of them in any one zone as I've been told that too many stations in an area impacts loading time.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Use filters in your recipe book. Denmum taught me that - click edit button by filter field, backtrack where it says Default and name it something (Takish, ROR, prelude, Frostfell... whatever you want) then scroll thru actual recipes and while holding down Ctrl click on every one of those recipes that come up for your desired group of items, or on books in general if you want to add whole books, like for Frostfell. Then click OK at the bottom. You can still edit and add more books if you forget somethign or they add more recipes, by selecting that name in filter field and clicking edit.

Just to add - I usually never target any crafting stations when I craft these days, so the filters like that help a lot. Just stand close to station, or multi station and open my filter for whatever I wanna do.
  5. Evilary Well-Known Member

Yeah, I already have a ton of filters. I have been working on trying to hide recipes some. That's working on some characters, but not my carpenter as he wants all his recipes visible.
  6. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Ooooh so that is why we were making snacks on a chemistry bench!

I was always a bit worrried about that..... :rolleyes: