Crafting Expertise Still Using Materials

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub Active Member

I noticed on the new Recipes that when I get a Crafting Expertise, it is still using all The materials instead of Returning them. Are we not getting them now or is it not working Right? Has anybody else seen this issue?
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Its been doing this since at least PoP release.
    Blazen likes this.
  3. Quillyne Active Member

Yep, the Blessing of Brell/crafting expertise craft event is broken, as is the Systematic Conservation AA. In general, any mechanic that is designed to return materials is broken and has been since last expac. Nothing new to see here.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's not as cut and dry as this. It's selective in what it returns or doesn't. I made some saddle and hackamore recipes (just today) and got brell proc and received the materials back. The patterns were returned and proceeded to make two of each item.

It's something the devs have decided for some recipes and not others. For example during the TS tradeskill line (CD) I had a proc crafting the xegony statue and didn't receive the rares back.

All of this aside, I do wish that the process was cleaned up somewhat. Maybe put in red letters on the product that it won't return materials (a la commission), or not show the proc message if you don't actually receive the materials.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Quillyne Active Member

Correct, it isn't cut and dry...which is why I said, "in general". The proc and AA works on some PoP recipes. However, I have yet to craft any CD recipe (quest-related, handcrafted, or MC) that triggered materials returning through the expertise/Blessing proc or the Systematic Conservation AA. I envy both your successful proc and your luck at getting barding recipes. :)

So, unfortunately the number of recipes seems to be really limited (I haven't managed to get any barding recipes). Whether it's "working" as intended, or it's bugged, I have no idea. If it is intentional that the proc/AA only applies to certain recipes, then yes, it would be very nice to have a clear indication of which ones qualify.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Kheldar like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's been weird for the daily quests from Londiar Inygad for a while. The adorning quest would give you materials back if you got the blessing event (allowing you to craft a few more adorns and possibly skill up another 2-3 points), but the tinkering would not.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This has been a problem for years and last excuse I heard for not fixing it (also some years back) is that "tinkering" is not considered crafting. The old saying,"if it quacks like a duck..." comes to mind, because anyone who thinks tinkering isn't crafting clearly doesn't understand game mechanics. Are there recipes...Yes. Are there mats required...Yes. Do you need fuel...Yes. Does this produce items that are used by the player in game...yes. And this differs from other crafting skills exactly how, haha?
    Breanna, Rhodris and Cyrrena like this.