Crafting Do's and Don'ts - Opinion

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kuulei, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

DO keep the researcher's in for next expansion, I like earning currency to purchase what I want or need.
    DO add more tinkering recipes! You have been slacking in this department.
    DO add harvesting quests with a daily / weekly. I and others miss these. If we have to harvest, make it mean something other than a grind for materials.

I am kind of on-the-fence about Nails. They are nice, but I currently have enough to outfit a guild. o_O I was happy to see new things with antiquity trade skill however aside from dozens of D.I.R.T.Y. Digging - Gold Marble Blocks which are HEIRLOOM (dumb as all my crafters have multiples of this so why would I want to stick more in the bank...) I just get nails and same recipe books that the researchers give out. I keep trying to get the Alesmith recipe, however it eludes all 10 of my crafters.

DON'T flood us with house items as daily / weekly rewards. I would rather earn currency and purchase from a merchant.
    DON'T have temp recipes use so many food crafting resources, unless it's FISH. Yes make it FISH! Did I mention Fish?
    DON'T ever put in a daily / weekly "click hundreds times a day on no-trade, worthless resources" quest(s). I still have nightmares from VoV.
    Breanna, Twyla, Bhayar and 1 other person like this.
  2. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Nails should just go in their own recipe book imo. Sure, that's one more book to chase after, but it also unfloods the reward table of all the useless nails that no one's going to use. There's only like 2 that are worthwhile, bountiful harvest being the main one, while the others are just trash fodder.
    Kuulei, Breanna, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Good points from both. If I were to add an additional thought, don't make one of the fundamental TSing recipe books so rare that hardly anyone ever saw it. I'm speaking of the Provisioner book. 15 different crafters, and the sucker never dropped--and still hasn't. Luckily, had a friend in game who gave me one. This game has made food/drink fundamental to playing regardless of what you're doing adventure-wise. To make that book so rare still boggles my mind. I can live without M/C weapons, armor, etc., late in the game, but it's much more difficult without decent food and drink.

One other item and that is two different rares used frequently in crafting (Dates and Olives for an example) across a number of disciplines dropping from the same node. If you're going to do that, then put one with a harvestable node that has limited use--like roots. I know that doesn't fit logically, but it would be helpful. Or simply raise the rate they drop.

As far as OSers, keep it coming. If I had one observation, change the loot up. One tinkered reward which I got ad nauseum was a temp adorn with block and mit. Useful for a tank, but less so for other classes. Which underlines Kuulei's excellent point--we need to see more tinkered recipes we can make rather than rely on random drops. This is especially true given we can't reforge out of all that useful block and mit on cloth and leather armor any more.

Thanks for your consideration.
    Feara, Breanna and Twyla like this.
  4. Twyla Well-Known Member

Agree 100% about the Provisioner book, I mean really vital books should be sold on the recipe vendor in the cities and halls. For that matter all recipe books should go back to being sold. I'm in the same boat as you, 15 chars doing the quest daily enough nails to build a city and books for everyone else, but that Provisioner book eludes me. It's beyond tedious the anger quotient has hit an all-time high for me so far.

In addition, I would like to add that the Jubilee quest was fun the first 5 times I ran it, 6-10 I had a goal, so it was do or die, 15-20 it became a job and I was grinding my teeth doing it. I was tired of the silly thing that my alts are going to have to wait until next year, I just can't face doing it that many times again.

Also, a return of the daily quest givers for both adventure and tradeskill would be very much appreciated. Those are the things that keep me coming back at the end game.
  5. Twyla Well-Known Member

I have never used, nor will I ever use, a nail or temporary adornment. These are things that need their own depot so they can be given to guildmates who actually find them useful.
    MikeBob2023, GrunEQ, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

@Caith
    This...
    Breanna and Bhayar like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.
    Breanna likes this.