crafting books

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by alliekats, Mar 9, 2019.

1. alliekats Member

they should make all these new crafting books either for sale on the market place by them selves, or let everyone who buys an x-pack get it. I do not care about the rest of the stuff. But I am a carpenter and I need all books, but to pay an extra 50 dollars for just a book with 13 ideams in it is not worth it.
    Please fix, I need the last 2 sets still, and I have been playing this game since 2009 and never had to buy the collection set before.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

What book are you referring to, or books you can buy are $50?
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. alliekats Member

Deepwater retreat, and the x-pack before that one
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. alliekats Member

I do not want the rest of the stuff from it
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

She is referring to the building block books that you get with the collectors editions of the expansions. You cannot get any of them prior to CD now. If you wait until closer to the release of the next expansion CD should go on sale for 50% off and you can pick up CD for about $27.
    Soara2, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  6. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Ah gotcha. Yeah, that is kind of lame to not offer them for db cash. But then again, it's also good marketing on their part to get money from completionists.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

All needed Crafter Books for every Class could be bought on CD Tardeskill merc for each Crafter Class if done CD TS sigline.
    Thier is no need to get the books before playng or doing something in CD addon.

And since EQ2 has come a progressive Game Style , which means every following addon is based on stuff we got in the addon before no one should take a breake in playing EQ2 or our totaly LOST.

Especially if missing the Summer Ethernals.
    Soara2 and Hartsmith like this.
  8. alliekats Member

But with fast travel now, there is no need for the other stuff, like the portal to the library any more, and I do not want the other things they offer, just the crafting books.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. alliekats Member

so am I able to get those books or not. You make them so we cannot sell the stuff on the broker so it makes things harder to find and get them made.I am not the only one who wants these books. But there is a lot of players who cannot afford the 80 dollars for each x-pack.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

Like the others have said, the answer right now is no. They bundle those things together to entice people to buy the CE. If they sold them separately, people wouldn't buy them. One way to do it I suppose, might be to offer them up so that if bought individually they are more expensive that the package. Say for example $30 for each element. (30 for the books, 30 for the mount, etc) Another idea might be to put them on sale 2 years after the fact. that way they could get a little cash infusion from something they already exists. If you want them now pay full price. If you are willing to wait, but them separately later when they aren't available by other means.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Or come September or October, the upgrade from basic to CE will be about $27 and you get all the CE fluff you didn't get with the basic version.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

TRUTH!!! LOL
    I am one such individual that has zero knowledge of what ascension even is as, despite having purchased the collector's edition for Kunark Ascending, I ended up taking a rather long break. And now there are familiars too? Really makes it hard to figure out what each of my plethora of characters need to focus on.

Any idea when that will be? I am interested in the current collector's edition but money is too tight right now.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

For the past two years, last year's xpac has been discounted in October for a few weeks prior to release of the next.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.