Crafting bolts is beyond endurance!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Solemio, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Solemio New Member

The original EQII never had crossbows. But it was added to the content as one of the rewards for the quest currency ("Hunting Dangerous Prey") . In addition, sometime in one of the add-ons, the weaponsmith was added recipes for arrows and bolts. If you added a non-original weapon, maybe it makes sense to add a bolt recipes to the weaponsmith?

Besides that the crossbow is not the original weapon I would like to justify my proposal other reason.

Classes of ranged combat have a very high consumption of bolts something around 500-600 per raid (3h). To cover so many spent bolts, woodworkers have to spend a lot of time to provide themselves and friends/guilders.
    It is a huge load on one class of crafters that turns the game into a boring routine of craft, and the game becomes only craft and nothing more. This is beyond endurance!

Im sure adding bolt recipes to weaponsmith would take the load off woodworkers and make their time in the game more enjoyable.
    --
    Regards
    Cheallaigh and Bekkr like this.
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

When your subscription renews every month, you get a choice of 3 or so items that you can spend your 500 DBC reward on, if you'd like. One of them is 10 vials of Crafting Progress potion - an item that you can only get right now by purchasing it with that reward. In 20 mins (the duration of the potion) I can make approximately 12 - 13,000 bolts, which keeps 2 people in raid bolts for weeks. And I can do that 9 more times.
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it also adds value to raising a smith, they have their uses when raising toons, but don't really become useful except for the solstice earing pretty much on a prog server. all the other TS see far more use.
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I think bolts should remain with the woodworkers, been that way since bolts were introduced, no need to rock the boat now
  6. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Much simpler solution and simpler to program I'm sure is just make the bolts craft in bigger bundles ... 100 at a time? 50 at a time? the crossbows use the bolts much faster than the ordinary ranged items ... so set the recipes to craft more per combine.
    Wish they would let the provisioner also craft more per combine.
    The crafting 'game' i.e., the slow and intermittent stand still stare at the same wall or mounts rump, for 2 hours to make all the food and drink my alts and Hubby's alts use, puts me to sleep, which causes me to log off and nap... if the 'game' that was used for the creation process was more engaging like a match 3 puzzle ... that would be outstanding! :);):)
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

They should add an item to the Marketplace like Hand of the Maker. Every crafter who makes consumables would snap that thing up.
  8. Ratza Well-Known Member

The problem here on this TLE is that progress pots are not on the marketplace to buy with daybreak cash like they have been on other TLE's and Live. I don't understand why they not on the marketplace....one would think the developers would want the revenue they could make selling those pots like they have in the past on TLE's.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

Add progress pots and the Wizard Spire clicky consumable to Hunter vendors.

Thanks.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  10. Lenarr Member

Great idea! Although 10 progress potions per month actually isn't bad if you plan ahead. I've currently got 37, you can craft well over 10,000 bolts with each progress potion. Also, you only need a couple to level up a crafter another 10 levels each expansion. Additionally, remember that progress potions don't get used up when you log off a toon, the remaining time is still there when you log them back on again. I agree that making a bunch of bolts without a progress potion running would be horrible, but it doesn't have to be that way. I made a Woodworker just to make bolts for my toons, it didn't take all that long, and now I just log my WW on now and then to top off my bolt supply.
  11. Muffincookie Active Member

I just dont bother with the bolts at all and treat the crossbow as any other statfiller object tbh. If they cant add stuff for us "casters" then im not gonna spend money feeding this idea and just simply use it as if its any other secondary/ranged item.
  12. Zenji Well-Known Member

If you aren't going to ranged attack with the xbow as a mage or priest, you would be better off just using a master crafted blessed imbued wand and taking a different Hunters item.
  13. Muffincookie Active Member

Hehe not really. The stats are way better!
  14. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yeah, you wouldn't want to be sub-optimal or anything.
    Arielle Nightshade and Zenji like this.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

I think you and I play 2 very different games.
    Pixistik likes this.
  16. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

With Golden Efreeti Boots proc'ing off the Crossbow set to auto-ranged, I am usually at full mana for the entire fight of any raid encounter, or if not I don't have to fight for mana. As a healer, that's worth way more than just a stat filler. Plus just set it and forget it autoattack gives me about 1K-ish extra DPS that I wouldn't have otherwise done.

It's honestly not that hard to keep yourself in bolts.
  17. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

If you think that the stats outweigh the autoattack damage from your wand, you're delusional, especially when you could just get a different Hunter item for a stat stick. Of course, you're still missing out on the autoattack damage from the crossbow because ammo is inconvenient, so I'm not sure why I took the time to point out the obviousness of the delusion.
    Arielle Nightshade and Zenji like this.