Closed / Unconfirmed Crafted items not consistent with level or materials

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Issue: item effects not progressing properly
    When: noticed Oct. 26, 2019
    Details: So far I've only seen this with regard to Imbued Bands/Rings on the Antonia Bayle server, but my Imbued Silver Band of Agility has the following stats:
    4 Primary Attributes/Stamina
    2 Defensive Skills
    Level 12
    Aura of Agility
    Effects: When Equipped: When a combat art is used this spell has a 3% chance to cast Flare of Agility on the caster. Lasts for 45.0 seconds.
    • Increases AGI of caster by 4.0
    • Increases Haste of caster by 12.1
    • Cannot be modified except by direct means
    (All of which kind of stink for a Tier 2, compared to the old days, but that's neither here nor there.)

My Imbued Gold Band of Agility has the following stats:
    6 Primary Attributes 5 Stamina
    2 Offensive Skills
    Level 20
    Aura of Agility
    Effects: When Equipped: When a combat art is used this spell has a 3% chance to cast Flare of Agility on the caster. Lasts for 45.0 seconds.
    • Increases AGI of caster by 4.5
    • Increases Haste of caster by 10.6 [BUG]
    (Bleagh. Still, except for the [BUG] line, consistent.)

My Imbued Palladium Band of Agility has the following stats:
    7 Primary Attributes/Stamina
    3 Offensive Skills
    Level 22
    Aura of Agility
    • Increases AGI of caster by 1.4 [BUG]
    • Increases Haste of caster by 9.9 [BUG]
    Now, the character with these Bands is only level 20 currently, and cannot yet wear the Palladium Band, so I'm hoping this is a case where the numbers will improve once he can Attune it "for real."

Likewise, I have a set of Imbued Mastercrafted Steel Chainmail Coat and Leggings; my current Imbued Carbonite Chainmail Coat does 14 points of healing when it casts Lambent Rejuvenation, but the unattuned Steel Coat does only TWO. The Imbued Carbonite Chainmail Leggings inflict 44 heat damage when Sanguine Feedback is cast; with the unattuned Steel Leggings, only SIX. If these numbers don't improve once these items have been attuned, that's a serious drop in capability from level 12 to level 22, even worse than with the Bands. :-/

What would need to be fixed: I have the feeling these are not the only items to be so afflicted; I will be double-checking my other gear. I get that the current definitions for Handcrafted, Mastercrafted, Treasured, etc. items have changed, but this is not an improvement, as it should be as the Tiers increase. If the numbers get better for the level 22 gear once it's been Attuned, I'll report that here.

I don't know if there's something relatively easy that can be checked to ensure that items are progressing from Tier to Tier as they should, but folks below max level can be especially vulnerable when they don't. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Mermut like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, update:

Once I hit level 22, but before I even attuned my new equipment, the Imbued Palladium Band of Agility improved:
    • Increases AGI of caster by 6.6
    • Increases Haste of caster by 14.3
    as did my Imbued Steel Chainmail Coat, whose Lambent Imbued heal increased to 20, and the Imbued Steel Chainmail Leggings' heat damage increased to 65, which is considerably better than what it was indicating earlier.

Why don't the "you can't use it yet" red items reflect their actual capabilities? This sounds like a bug, but hopefully one that does not yet need to be looked at too hard.

Uwk
    Edelphia and Geroblue like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

At a guess, I'd say that the 'proc' scales by level to the cap on the item. When the item it is (ie you're too low level) it's probably showing you the proc 'at your current level'. It might even have something to do with mentoring.. since that also lowers stats and procs on gear.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.