Cozy Coast

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Valzen, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Valzen Well-Known Member

My carpenter, Jazie, needed a vacation home. She's been working overtime. So her Dhalgar's Precipice has been transformed into a seaside escape. I had alternate plans for that roof, but it turned out wonky LOL Pay no attention to that. She was tired, remember?! hehe

I didn't post all rooms here.
    Please visit "Cozy Coast" on Halls of Fate. Newly published, massive. Thanks for viewing!!!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Ethini, kianne, Faeonara and 12 others like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh, this place looks fabulous! I love the way you used the rails to give it a sort of thatched look to the siding, and those windows are awesome! The textures you combined in the laundry room look great together, and that outdoor fountain is gorgeous. I will have to be making a trip to HoFate soon to visit all the new and lovely homes people have been building there. I really like the kitchen too, and anywhere that you used white marble, and accented it with the black to make it stand out more. :)
  3. Valzen Well-Known Member

Yes, come and visit. There's a lot not shown here. And thank you for your lovely comment!!
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

Wow! Love it:) I love touring your homes and this one was no exception what an ingenious way of decorating this rocky island - all the detail in the house is smashing (I particularly liked your loo roll - genius!). My favourite bit is the water terrace, beautiful, romantic and ...just gorgeous. Heartfelt thumbs up!
    Glenorian, Ocarinah, Merriel and 2 others like this.
  5. Emesh Well-Known Member

6. Badhealer Active Member

Definitely one for Better Homes and Gardens magazine, As always tons of wonderful and creative ideas, excellent attention to details. Nice seeing a dark setting transformed into a something colorful & beautiful.
  7. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

8. Valzen Well-Known Member

Once I get an idea in my head, it usually doesn't take very long. I'd say over a course of a couple of weeks. :) Thank you for your comment.
  9. Valzen Well-Known Member

You're so sweet. Thank you!
  10. Valzen Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, Febrith! *hugs* :)
  11. Eliohia2 Active Member

12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Haven't even visited yet, and I think my favorite bit is the layered water feature (outdoor fountain?)...but of all the weird things to fixate on, are the...oars? on the right-hand wall in the second screenshot (are those truly oars, a set of two, or two crossed and placed, or not oars, but amazing facsimiles?) and the toilet paper roll! :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah, Valzen and Merriel like this.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

I believe, Uwk, if I'm not mistaken, those are the crossed oar set that we could purchase off the vendor with the Arcane Umbral Gravel. I would assume, as well, though until I do visit in person I could not say for certain, that the railings along the edge of the patio walkway between the pillars are also the crossed oars. I think that is a very clever use of the oars. :)
  14. thulia Active Member

looks gorgeous from the pics but your houses are always a MUST SEE...so i'm going to visit right now!!!
  15. Valzen Well-Known Member

Here you go! http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Crossed_oars Merriel is correct.
    I wanted to give them more of a backdrop in the bedroom, but I got tired of it. LOL

Thanks for commenting and stop by sometime! :)
  16. Valzen Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right, Merriel. They are the crossed oars. And they were super easy to put up with a wall temporarily placed for them. :D I wanted to put railing on top, but alas, I forgot! :oops:
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

To be honest, I actually like the rails the way you have them now. They really don't need railing on top. :)

Ok, I decided to tour this home before going to bed, and I just have one question for you, Valzen. When can I move in? :D

I am in awe over this home. So many clever and creative uses of items here, and so much attention to detail, even right down to the toilet paper roll in the bathroom, hehe. I love the baseboards, the custom made artwork on the walls, the lovely dining room table and those chairs look fabulous with it.

The entire color scheme of the house and gardens is so lovely, warm, and welcoming.

I love the use of the Hua Mein items and in such beautiful and clever ways. Gorgeous planters throughout the house, and the gardens are absolutely lush and beautiful. You definitely disguised the Dhalgar home and turned it into such a lovely estate near the ocean. I could truly live in a home like this. :)
  18. Sharann Well-Known Member

Oh wow I just love the style! And these are the most awesome toilet seats I've ever seen :cool: I'll visit for sure!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

To my unvisited eye, those seats look like a White Marble Rounded Tile and a Black Marble Rounded Tile for the "edge"? ;->

Uwk
    who, apparently, won't be able to get the Crossed Oars ever again now (and curses the devs for that amazingly "Screw you, Decorators of the Future!" world event)? >:-/
    Ocarinah and Merriel like this.
  20. Valzen Well-Known Member

At the same vendor you can exchange 1 umbra gravel = 1 Primordial Malice Bauble or of course, for how many you want. ;) I had no event tokens either. So just do the exchange. The gravel still drops off earth elemental mobs. :)